Photo

Can someone explain the level 50 ruleset

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:07 PM

The most I can find on the level 50 ruleset is the XP table in TDD. I'm guessing that you continue to get your 1,2, or 3 HP per level depending on class and that you get a new HLA every level. What I can't find is how THAC0, Saves, # of attacks, weapon proficiencies, and spell progression change. I'm also not sure why the true grand mastery fix kills the ruleset, and does the kill just roll it back to level 40? Additionally are there any compatibility issues with the tweaks that change the spell progression table to PnP?

thanx

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

The simple answer:
All of the Level ## rulesets are a collection of 2DA (and possible other) files that define how certain stats will behave as characters advance in level. You've already listed some of these stats; THAC0, Saves, # of attacks, weapon proficiencies, spell progression, etc. If you want to see an example of a Level-50 ruleset, download the file in this post. You can use a text editor or even a spreadsheet app to read the files.

The reason why we can't install certain options - e.g. true grand mastery fix - is that certain mods overwrite the 2DA files, making the rulesets incompatiable so you have to decide which mod's ruleset you will lose and use. You can have "true grand mastery" (and possibly, you're not even getting that) from one mod, but that would restrict level progession to only 40. As the methods for modifying (not overwriting) rulesets mature, we'll see less compatibility issues.

Now, I believe you're asking this question because you feel like you're missing out on some goodies, like "true grand mastery". I'm not certain but I think the newer rulesets actually provide close-to-PnP tables, so this kind of option may be included in the tables without it actually be advertised that it's there. Of course, I may be wrong as I have not designed as 2DA table, and I've never looked at the "true grand mastery" ""fix"".

If you want the complicated answer, I'm sure someone will come along with links and discourse on how the process truly works.

As far as ruleset compatibility issues are concerned, follow the guidelines given in the first posts of BGT-WeiDU Compatibility and A comprehensive Guide to BP-WeiDu Compatibility, which I'm sure you've read already...

Edited by Azazello, 08 July 2006 - 07:31 PM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *