Photo

waiting with bated breath

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 capnbaa

capnbaa
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:49 AM

i'm a long-time fan of the baldur's gate series. it's been a few years since i played it last, but i recently dug the cd's out of my collection. i previously didn't know anything about mods available for the game other than baldurdash, and i was AMAZED to see the breadth of available addons to make this great game even better! one of the mods i came across was tashia. i played through with her for a while and found that i like the addon so much, i'm postponing my next run until the new version comes out ;)

to the developers of the mod...thank you very much for all your hard work, please keep it up! i eagerly await the fruits of your efforts.

#2 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:05 PM

Heh... it's posts like these that put a smile on even the grimmest modder's face. The good news is, is that development is really shortening up... I've got a last batch of tests to run, and some final code cleanup to do, and then we're ready for launch. The bad news is, is that my vacation is turning out a bit busier than expected, and it could be another week before I can fully focus on finishing Tashia.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words :), I hope you'll enjoy the updated version when it is finally released.

Edited by Lord Ernie, 17 July 2006 - 12:06 PM.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#3 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

Heh... it's posts like these that put a smile on even the grimmest modder's face. The good news is, is that development is really shortening up... I've got a last batch of tests to run, and some final code cleanup to do, and then we're ready for launch. The bad news is, is that my vacation is turning out a bit busier than expected, and it could be another week before I can fully focus on finishing Tashia.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words :), I hope you'll enjoy the updated version when it is finally released.

Well, enjoy what vacation you have left, all right? We'll be right here waiting to pounce upon Tashia as soon as she's up. :)

#4 Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:15 AM

Indeed we will. :)
As soon as Tashia is complete, I intend to begin a new game and play it all the way to the end.
It's been awhile since I played with her in my team. Looking forward to the mod, really.
Favourite Quotes from BG2
Minsc: Minsc will lead with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
Saemon: Pardon?
Aerie: This is gonna hurt you ALOT more than me!
Sarevok: Now I return the favor!
Drizzt: Yes, yes, you have my attention.
Lilarcor: And this one's for Grandma, who said I would never amount to anything more than a butterknife!

#5 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:44 PM

Tashia will be released later this week???? Yay!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :)

#6 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

Yes, later this week. The final things really are minor, but they did kind of crop up. Of course, sometimes real life rises up, and that's why I didn't want to give a specific date, and then say, "Sorry, we were wrong."

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."