Photo

buggy indestructible mobs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:44 PM

Getting some indestructible mobs that I cant kill until ive either zoned out and re zoned into an area or reloaded the game.

First one was a troll type while battling Torgal, had to zone out of basement area in De'Arnise keep then back in before it would let me do the last 1 point of damage to kill it.

Tolgerias (sp) sidekick mage in Planar Sphere wouldnt die, did easily over 1000 points of damage while the mage was at *near death* status. Locked mage in an adjoining room and reloaded game while in the fire elemental room. When I reloaded and came back in mage somehow teleported into the room I was in and took 3 or 4 hits then actually died.

#2 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

Are you using perhaps G3's Beta Fixpack for BG2 ? I heard of a similar bug report over at G3's about an undestructable troll....

#3 -ressu-

-ressu-

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:45 AM

Hmmm, Torgal and his mob causes CTD for me. Here's a more detailed explanation of the problem:
http://www.shsforums...58

#4 amitlath

amitlath
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 04:35 AM

this kind of thing happened to me with tolgerias himself. he teleported to the next room and i could actually see the monsters there and him going at each other! then he went invisible. from then on, i was never able to actually kill him. he just didnt appear. however from the messages, i know that he is in the area! whats more, when i go back to government buiding, tolgerias is still standing there!

ah well.. for me, i just SK'ed the shpere to myself.

#5 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:26 AM

Getting some indestructible mobs that I cant kill until ive either zoned out and re zoned into an area or reloaded the game.

First one was a troll type while battling Torgal, had to zone out of basement area in De'Arnise keep then back in before it would let me do the last 1 point of damage to kill it.

Tolgerias (sp) sidekick mage in Planar Sphere wouldnt die, did easily over 1000 points of damage while the mage was at *near death* status. Locked mage in an adjoining room and reloaded game while in the fire elemental room. When I reloaded and came back in mage somehow teleported into the room I was in and took 3 or 4 hits then actually died.

never had any trouble with Torgal, dont know what's causing it on yr install. the TOLMAG02 problem is, however, known, and will be fixed in a future BP version. if yr workaround worked tho: cool. alternatively, you could drop the two attached scripts BPTOLG1A.BCS and BPTGMG1A.BCS into yr override folder and go back to a save before you enter AR0412. note that this is also a workaround: in my game both the mage and Tolgerias were dead by the time i entered the fire room. not really a desired outcome, but still, at least it worked.

you'll probably have trouble at the end of the planar sphere quest too: Lavok is still dying wihtout giving XP, the sphere as a stronghold or clearing out yr journal of quest notes. you've got two options here: remove LAVOK02.BCS from yr override folder, or drop the attached LAVOK.DLG into yr override. note here that if you've installed NPC mods that add interjections with lavok that using the .dlg i've attached is a bad idea, and you should go with the 'removing the script file' option, even tho this option is untested.

Attached Files

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#6 -rybA-

-rybA-

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:34 AM

i have problems with trolls as well
i also have g3 bg2 fixpack
after boo quest i am transported to druid cove and 3 trolls attack, they are near death and dont fall down, no weapon or magic helps, they just dont fall down ...
thanks for help

#7 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:43 AM

after boo quest i am transported to druid cove and 3 trolls attack, they are near death and dont fall down, no weapon or magic helps, they just dont fall down ...
thanks for help

those of you with troll problems might want to check the G3 fixpack forums then, cos that seems to be a common theme here...

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:07 AM

thanks for help

those of you with troll problems might want to check the G3 fixpack forums then, cos that seems to be a common theme here...

ok there are some lines of code in this thread in g3, namely
COPY_EXISTING ~kptrol03.cre~ ~override~
WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~troll01~ #8
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

but i have no idea what i am supposed to do with these lines, any help?
i checked kptrol04,05 and06 die as they should
any help appreciated

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:59 AM

thanks for help

ok there are some lines of code in this thread in g3, namely
COPY_EXISTING ~kptrol03.cre~ ~override~
WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~troll01~ #8
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

but i have no idea what i am supposed to do with these lines, any help?
i checked kptrol04,05 and06 die as they should
any help appreciated

That would be a change to the .tp2 file that needs to be done before installing the Fixpack. It may be easier at this point so you don't have to completely re-install your game, to compare that troll's .cre to another that dies properly and make the changes there and drop the .cre into your override directory.

It takes a village...

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:53 AM

That would be a change to the .tp2 file that needs to be done before installing the Fixpack. It may be easier at this point so you don't have to completely re-install your game, to compare that troll's .cre to another that dies properly and make the changes there and drop the .cre into your override directory.

hmm i cant see content of these files in notepad, i guess i should use some program like shadowkeeper? problem is i never used any
what if i just copy same file for troll 03 as 04? i guess it will work as 04 (what are the diffrences anyway?), but it is better than unkillable trol anyway.

#11 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:06 AM

That code is completely unrelated to the issue, so whether you get it installed or not is not the case. More info is in this thread.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#12 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:38 PM

this kind of thing happened to me with tolgerias himself. he teleported to the next room and i could actually see the monsters there and him going at each other! then he went invisible. from then on, i was never able to actually kill him. he just didnt appear. however from the messages, i know that he is in the area! whats more, when i go back to government buiding, tolgerias is still standing there!

ah well.. for me, i just SK'ed the shpere to myself.

Yeah I had same thing with Tolgerias, for whatever reason that first version of him that you kill after he *teleports* away isnt him....He seems to be able to insta invis himself and stay invis while casting also. Im not talking improved invis here, you cant see him at all, he blinks in and out of existence at times while casting for a very small fraction of a second.

I eventually killed him by zoning out of that section then back in, waiting a while then sending in some summoned monsters to leech away his spells, as when you zone back in you can still see messages about him casting, so he is still there. Eventually after he has done casting his ae spells and misleads he reappears and can be hit and killed. I ended up doing this twice so far. Same thing both times. While killing him second time around the sidekick mage was running around scared (moral failure) but still wouldnt die until I saved and reloaded the game while in the fire elemental room.

#13 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

Wasnt actually Torgal was one of his henchman-trolls in his room, if that matters, again running around with the near death status but invulnerable to damage. So far ive only seen it on the one troll.

And yes I had problems with the no xp from Lavok at the end of Planar Sphere. I actually got the Sphere as a stronghold by picking the second dialog option (that you dont trust him) when talking to him before leaving the Planar Sphere (after which he dies in the sphere there in front of you in the room you initially fight him in). Hadnt red these posts when I did Planar Sphere yesterday so I wasnt sure if that change was intended or a bug.

Also, I have no npc mods installed.

Other thing I noticed while in Planar Sphere was that the game would er, freeze, when I loaded it while in the ice-themed room. Had to reboot PC to get out, ctrl alt delete wouldnt even work. After rebooting, the first load seemed to work fine but any other successive loads after I was in game would crash the game - as described, usually. Had some real problems killing the 8 or so golems in the engine room, so I was rezoning/reloading that area quite a few times.

Not getting any actual CTDs off these mobs either, but I did install the g3bg2tweaks - for unlimited stacks and multiple-strongholds.

Edited by zachD, 23 July 2006 - 01:34 PM.

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:20 PM

you'll probably have trouble at the end of the planar sphere quest too: Lavok is still dying wihtout giving XP, the sphere as a stronghold or clearing out yr journal of quest notes. you've got two options here: remove LAVOK02.BCS from yr override folder, or drop the attached LAVOK.DLG into yr override. note here that if you've installed NPC mods that add interjections with lavok that using the .dlg i've attached is a bad idea, and you should go with the 'removing the script file' option, even tho this option is untested.

so honestly speaking right now with bp1.77 planar sphere is not playable ? (i guess i have npc mods installed that say something)

#15 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:55 PM

He seems to be able to insta invis himself and stay invis while casting also. Im not talking improved invis here, you cant see him at all, he blinks in and out of existence at times while casting for a very small fraction of a second.

It must be Mislead spell. Until you destroy illusion you cant see mage. Logical enough, right? Ezcellent spell for PC fighter-mage, BTW.

Also, "unkillable" NPCs could be destroyed with intellegence draining. Just CLUACode Shapechange scroll for yourself and kill bastard using mindflayer form.

Edited by GeN1e, 23 July 2006 - 02:56 PM.

Retired from modding.

#16 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:11 PM

Yeah I know. First time round I used truesight and it didnt affect the encounter in any way whatsoever; didnt kill illusion, didnt reveal true Tolgerias. Corse is possible he wasnt actually in that room at the time.

Second time Jaheira didnt have truesight yet, cast detect invis with main PC, didnt do anything while mislead was active, if that dispells it I am unsure.

As im a complete novice here still I havent used the CLUAwhatever it is at all, nor do I really know what it is.

Edited by zachD, 23 July 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#17 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:21 PM

so honestly speaking right now with bp1.77 planar sphere is not playable ? (i guess i have npc mods installed that say something)

I did complete it and recieve it as a stronghold, only by answering Lavok with the second dialog option that I didnt trust him, and it didnt give any xp.

#18 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:28 PM

To CLUA smth you need first open "baldur.ini" file with notepad and under [Program Options] add line

Debug Mode=1

Then in game press ctrl+space to bring up console. There type

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("+++",***)
where +++ is item code and *** is quantity. Code for Shapechange is scrl9y.

Retired from modding.

#19 zachD

zachD
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 04:53 PM

But that cheating!

Heh, thanks for the info. I guess its ok if mobs are cheating too.

#20 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:38 PM

never had any trouble with Torgal, dont know what's causing it on yr install. the TOLMAG02 problem is, however, known, and will be fixed in a future BP version.

seanas, can you describe the problem with TOLMAG02 in more detail, I'd like to try fixing it in DLTCEP for my game.