buggy indestructible mobs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:07 AM

never had any trouble with Torgal, dont know what's causing it on yr install. the TOLMAG02 problem is, however, known, and will be fixed in a future BP version.

seanas, can you describe the problem with TOLMAG02 in more detail, I'd like to try fixing it in DLTCEP for my game.

umm, i attached files that fix it... but anyways: there's a check to remove the MINHP1 ring from the mage in the unedited versions of two scripts i posted, but the mage is now wearing a SUREHP1 ring - so changing the reference from MINHP1 to SUREHP1 fixes the indestructible problem.

FWIW, the ring was changed in BP weidu to stop players cheesing Tolgerias and the mage to death - but one of the references was missed during the conversion.

@guest:

so honestly speaking right now with bp1.77 planar sphere is not playable ? (i guess i have npc mods installed that say something)

placing the three files i attached into yr override folder will fix all remaining problems with the planar sphere using BPv177.

Edited by seanas, 24 July 2006 - 02:08 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#22 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

Argh, tried to dowload the 2 bcs files but they save as text documents. The Lavok fix is ok though.

#23 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:57 PM

Argh, tried to dowload the 2 bcs files but they save as text documents.

Strange. Perhaps right-clicking the link and choosing "download..." will help.

Retired from modding.

#24 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:40 PM

Yes of course I tried that. Somethings buggered on my browser. Will try again. :D

#25 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

Ergh, I still get xxxxbcs.txt. Do you have to rename it? If not could someone zip it and attach to a post. Thanks either way heh.

#26 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

try these ones; hope they work for you.

Attached Files

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#27 --Chris--

--Chris--

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:58 AM

I tried the .rar, replaced the files in the override file with the downloaded ones.

I tried Tolgerias, got him to near death, and then kept hitting him, and nothing happened. I eventually Int drained him and the other mage, but I didn't get any Xp...although that's probably normal. Ran up to Lavok, got him down to ND within the second, he talked, told me to get the heart.
I went to the Exit, but it wouldn't let me out. There was no 'Go through door' Icon. So I exited, and tried again, same result. I messed with the Tolgerias script slightly, hoping that might solve stuff. It didn't, so I re-downloaded the workaround.

Can anyone give me any help?

#28 --Chris--

--Chris--

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:35 AM

Sorry 'bout the double post, but I thought this might be of some consequence:

DestroyItem("SUREHP1") // No such index

I looked around the files with Near Infinity.

#29 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:04 AM

Sorry 'bout the double post, but I thought this might be of some consequence:

DestroyItem("SUREHP1") // No such index

SUREHP1.itm is added by BP-weidu to creautres, replacing MINHP1.itm, to prevent players killing creatures that are supposed to be unkillable. many mods alter Lavok, and very few do it in a way that doesn't break other mods (including breaking BP), so my guess would be that you've installed something that has altered Tolgerias but not his script - and so there's no SUREHP1.itm to destroy.

could you post yr weidu.log? in the meantime, if yr happy poking aruond with NI, you could change the reference in this script from "SUREHP1" to "MINHP1", reload from a save before you entered AR0412, and try the battle again.

#30 --Chris--

--Chris--

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:16 AM

How do you post the log? Sorry for my...lack of experience in this area.

#31 Akash

Akash
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:46 AM

^I've registered now.
Thanks for the help, I'll just try some of the stuff quickly.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BD-TOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // ?????? ->
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #3 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-REDEMPTION.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-REDEMPTION.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Portrait for Irenicus - for the Ascension/Redemption part only (from the SoA intro movie - I think it is more scary and tragic than the traditional one)
~SETUP-VIRTUE.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

~EDIT~
I didn't install any Valygar components, to my knowledge, although I got attacked by Suna Seni in a bandit attack...Which I don't remember as normally happening.

Edited by Akash, 21 August 2006 - 05:48 AM.

#32 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:26 AM

I didn't install any Valygar components, to my knowledge, although I got attacked by Suna Seni in a bandit attack...Which I don't remember as normally happening.

that's original BG2 behaviour.

nothing on that weidu.log jumps out at me as being the cause of yr problems - have you tried placing the files i uploaded here into yr overide folder and trying the battle again? it needs to be from a save before you've entered the area they're in (which is AR0412, afaik).

Edited by seanas, 21 August 2006 - 08:26 AM.

#33 Akash

Akash
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:54 AM

I tried it with them, no change. All the saves are before the area.

I think, when using NI, I may have edited BPTOLGER and BPTOLMAG as welll...could you upload them?

This is really odd...

#34 Akash

Akash
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:35 AM

I'm on a high at the moment, since i just did it!
Awesome!

I was looking through BPTOLGA1, and noticed that in the

IF
	Global("BP_MageMoved","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("BP_IMoved","LOCALS",0)

section, 'Surehp1' was typoed as 'surenhp1'. (I think). I changed it to 'surehp1', then changed the

IF
	OR(2)
		HPLT(Myself,5)
		Dead("TOLMAG02") // Mage
	Global("BP_IMoved","LOCALS",0)
THEN

to HPLT(Myself,30), just to make sure.

Went into the area, opened the door, to see 4 Amish Legionaries, Tol and his mage. Backstabbed him, scene cut, he magicked away. Then I disposed of the Legionaries, and now Tol is gonna be dead meat.
I didn't bother changing the file of the mage, as only one needs to be affected, right?

So yeah, that's done...I still have to check Lavok and the lack of exit to Planar sphere, although I can just CLUA myself outside.

Yes, I'm an idiot. I didn't point my cursor far enough down, so I missed the door. *smack head against wall*

Edited by Akash, 22 August 2006 - 06:37 AM.

#35 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:23 AM

I still have problems with Tolgerias & co. Going through the planar sphere quest, I've reached Tolgerias and stumbled upon two issues:

1) Amnish Guards who now accompany Tolgerias start combat by attacking him and his cowled collegue instead of me :blink:

2) When I reduced Tolgerias to critical HP status, cutscene started where they teleport somewhere. But it hangs immediately after they disappear - the game is still in cutscene mode, time passes, but I can't do anything.

I'm using the files uploaded by seanas on the first page of this thread.

#36 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:56 AM

I have installed the two .bcs and the .dlg before entering the area, and Tolgerias is unkillable (after he teleported on the other room). :crying:

Edit:
Tried once more, issue confirmed. Tolgeras and his friend still don't attack first. When his friend is near death they teleport away. His friend can now be killed but Tolgeras cannot. This did not happened with the original BP files (unfortunately I did not have them anymore).

Edit:
Well, looking at the BPTOLG1A.BCS, there is an obvious typo :

DestroyItem("SURENHP1")

Edit:
With this typo fixed, Tolgeras can now be killed.

Edited by Anomaly, 02 September 2006 - 11:44 AM.

French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#37 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

I still have problems with Tolgerias & co. Going through the planar sphere quest, I've reached Tolgerias and stumbled upon two issues:

1) Amnish Guards who now accompany Tolgerias start combat by attacking him and his cowled collegue instead of me :blink:

2) When I reduced Tolgerias to critical HP status, cutscene started where they teleport somewhere. But it hangs immediately after they disappear - the game is still in cutscene mode, time passes, but I can't do anything.

I'm using the files uploaded by seanas on the first page of this thread.

Sry for digging this old post but I DO have the exact same problem with pro5.

The only difference is that when they teleported away I could kill Tolgerias but his puppet mage stayed invincible forever.
It still sucked though that the Amnish Legionnaires attacked Tolgerias to the death in the beginning :S
I guess all i can do is do some tries with combinations of the files that Seanas posted in this thread or do some practice with NI, though im pretty sure that the guards will still attack Tolgerias :(

Edited - UPDATE :

Ok i checked/used the trick seanas said about the Tolgerias puppet mage by changing the bcs script for the mage-code so that its just about "Surehp1" and not "minhp1" and now the mage became killable after his teleporting in fire room. So it worked perfectly nice Seanas u :ph34r:
Tolgerias never had any bug for me so no need to put his bcs file in the override. (This is a wrong assumption as the next edit update states)

I noticed 2 more things though :

1)the guards attack each other as well not only Tolgerias. They just attack randomly anyone in the room. <_<
If that helps the same happens for all Amnish guards in the game when I am caught shoplifting. ( they might kill shoppers first and even never bother with me or go hostile to me)
2)Tolgerias and his puppet mage never attack the party or start spellcasting unless they are hit first, its plain sucky/cheating. (they start spellcasting after i kill the guards and then attack them (can anyone edit the script to fix this? or tell me how to do it? )

PS: as for the lavok dlg thing I don't know how i can check/fix it since i use many small mods that use the lavok.dlg file and the lavok02.bcs file doesnt exist at all in the override. its in the data folder in a biff made by SoS. So don't really know what to do for the lavok xp bug thing.

Edited - UPDATE2 :

By fixing the puppet-mage script, Tolgerias script was affected as well as it seems. While the puppet-mage was fixed, Tolgerias is now invincible though he never was before for me... <_< So as it seems editing Tolgerias bcs script too might be necessary :(

Edited by Radagast-The-Brown, 20 August 2007 - 03:48 PM.

Ignorance Is Bliss

#38 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

You have to change both and they will not be killable at all until they teleport away to the fire room. Usually attacking them will get them to teleport if they don't right away.
Re:Amnish guards
That was never any concern in my adventure. Not sure why it is for some and not others

Edited by Hoppy, 21 August 2007 - 07:55 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#39 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

You have to change both and they will not be killable at all until they teleport away to the fire room. Usually attacking them will get them to teleport if they don't right away.
Re:Amnish guards
That was never any concern in my adventure. Not sure why it is for some and not others

Yeah i added both files and it worked now they both died... Nice fix which should be included in next bp patch :)

Lol what do u mean about the Amnish guards? that they behaved normally for you or that u just dont care about it? They attacked only you and not Tolgerias and his mageling? ... /sigh I guess its another mod conflict then that messes up the script of all guards in the game... Wish i could find the source... Thanx anyway for the concern hoppy ^^

PS : The lavok xp worked perfectly btw and i was granted the stronghold through dialogues with no problems at all so the dlg file or the delete of the bcs file wasnt needed at all for me :cheers:
Ignorance Is Bliss

#40 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

1.I think that Lavok fix was for those who didn't have the Planar Shere mod.
2.Here's a nice little nugget about the amnish guards. After doing Xzar's/Montaron's bird/raise dead TDD quest, I had a summoning of 2 Cowled enforcers and 4 Amnish Legions and they attacked my party and my party only. Hell of a fight when I don't even have a chance to memorise some spells or equip Monty. Decent loot too!
3.In my last install which had some different mods, the Amnish legions with Tolgerias attacked everyone in my party. Maybe they attacked the mages too because I usually cast Chaos into an area to confuse whoever I can so that may be a part of it. Try and test out some areas where you can get caught stealing from chests. There is one in the docks I know that works well. In between, Maevar's and Cromwell's up top.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant