Some questions

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:44 AM

I decided to put the two games back from the shelves. Currently, I have just installed the two games clearly and I have also put their two respective patches. It looks a little bit confusing for me, as I have never tried this kind of mod, but yet again, I hope for the long shot it works.

I am downloading the stuff from the two links listed above. The first is patch114 + 600-mb monster, which will probably come tomorrow as I do not have such a fast connection. The other folder contains the patches of BP and BG trilogy - MK1-MK3 fixes, BP-BGTv311, BP-BGT-File-Checker041b and some others.

I hope for some simple explanation as I'm at odds and ends. Thank you very much.

I have some questions:

1. As I am not particularly keen on having TDD in Big Picture+BG trilogy, can I just refrain from putting it all?

2. Can I put some fixpacks. Like the BG2 Fixpack (BETA) and Sorcerer's Place Fixpacks? And if I can, when should I put them? Can I also put the Duddley fixpack, which I found on pocketplane?

3. Are The Longer Road: Redemption, Ascension and Unfinished Business compatible with The Big Picture? I also found that there is a new version of Unfinished Business for Baldur's Gate 1. Is it compatible, or I should refrain from putting it?

Thanks, beforehand.
Regards: Painbearer

Edited by Elan Morin Tedronai, 03 September 2006 - 03:48 AM.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#2 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:43 AM

Don't Use BGT classic ! It is really buggy and totally unsupported !

What you need is BGT-WeiDU 1.01, and is only 10 MB.

http://america.iegmc.net/bgt-weidu/

With the WeiDU versions (and only them), you really choose to install what mods you like. You don't have to install TDD if you don't lke to.

If you want to use other mega-mods than BGT-WeiDU, look at pinned topics in the "BP + Baldur's Gate Trilogy" forum.

BG2 FixPack is partially incompatible with BGT-WeiDU for now. There are workarounds, but it may be easier to stick with Baldurdash-WeiDU 1.5.

Edited by Anomaly, 03 September 2006 - 04:45 AM.

French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:25 AM

Welcome back!

If you want to consolidate your game discs into either one DVD or one ISO file -- thus extending the lifespan of said discs -- read this link.

[shameless-plug]
For a list of MegaInstall (new adopted name for BP-BGT-etc) guides, see this link.

The list of my installed mods is in my signature. So far, these build work. It'll give you an idea on what/where/how to install certain mods.
[/shameless-plug]

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#4 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

I don't want to sound nasty, but hope that in the plans of the developpers there is a chance for integrating the Fixpack in the bigger mod.

Anyways, do you say that I shouldn't download the first mammoth file, but to stick on the other stuff - MK1-MK3 fixes, BP-BGTv311, BP-BGT-File-Checker041b and some others? Or not to?

Only from this link you gave me? From this link should I download all of the stuff? Does it work like a setup, from where I can chose what to install and what not? It is about BG TrilogyI presume? But what about the Big Picture? It is included in there?

Hope I don't sound silly.
Thanks and regards:
Painbearer

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:52 PM

I don't want to sound nasty, but hope that in the plans of the developpers there is a chance for integrating the Fixpack in the bigger mod.

G3-BG2-Fixpack is a replacement for Baldurdash, so it should stay separate. Currently, the MegaInstall doesn't behave well when using the Fixpack, so you have to use either BD-Classic or BD-WeiDU.

Anyways, do you say that I shouldn't download the first mammoth file, but to stick on the other stuff - MK1-MK3 fixes, BP-BGTv311, BP-BGT-File-Checker041b and some others? Or not to?

Only from this link you gave me? From this link should I download all of the stuff? Does it work like a setup, from where I can chose what to install and what not? It is about BG TrilogyI presume? But what about the Big Picture? It is included in there?

All of these questions are answered in the various install guides (actually, there are only 3-1/2, and only one is the most current, viewed, reviewed and updated -- erebusant's). X-Calibar's guide has links to all the mods that form the basis of the MegaInstall.

Sincerely, it's in your benefit to read thru at least one of the guides, you'll learned a lot about new way of getting the game set-up.

Hope I don't sound silly.
Thanks and regards:
Painbearer

No way! You've helped get mods playable, now it's time for us to help you out.

Have fun!

#6 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:20 AM

Currently, the MegaInstall doesn't behave well when using the Fixpack, so you have to use either BD-Classic or BD-WeiDU.

Don't use Baldurdash Classic ; you won't be able to install BP-WeiDU (parse errors during installation). Furthermore it is unremoveable. Baldurdash-WeiDU 1.5 is the safest choice.

[size=1]Anyways, do you say that I shouldn't download the first mammoth file, but to stick on the other stuff - MK1-MK3 fixes, BP-BGTv311, BP-BGT-File-Checker041b and some others? Or not to?

These files, like BGT Classic, are part of the old BP-BGT combinaison. Please forget them and use modern versions of these mods.

BGT-Install-101.rar is the only file you really need to play with BGT-WeiDU. The other files in bgt-weidu/ folder are optional mods. Look at the readmes in this folder.

If you want to use more than BGT-WeiDU alone, look at the pinned topics in this forum like I and others suggested before. Read all you can, then install and enjoy the game. :)
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:13 AM

The Beta2 of Fixpack works fine as long as you delete any changes to AR0602 and TELE0700 from it's .tp2 before you install it.

It takes a village...

#8 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:29 AM

Currently, the MegaInstall doesn't behave well when using the Fixpack, so you have to use either BD-Classic or BD-WeiDU.

Don't use Baldurdash Classic ; you won't be able to install BP-WeiDU (parse errors during installation). Furthermore it is unremoveable. Baldurdash-WeiDU 1.5 is the safest choice.

Is this new since BPv176? I nstalled BPv176 with no errors, and no needing to edit NEJ's TP2.

Being able to remove BD - be it Classic, WeiDU or Fixpack - I do not understand why this would be an issue.

Edited by Azazello, 04 September 2006 - 10:29 AM.

#9 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

I have seen an incompatibility between BD-Classic and BP-WeiDU 175. I have seen it on my own install (lots of parse errors until I get rid of it), other people on our french community (used to have Baldurdash-Classic installed everytime) have seen it too. example here

I am talking about pure TOB + Patch + Baldurdash Fixpack 112 + BP-WeiDU. Maybe there are some cases where Baldurdash-classic won't prevent BP-WeiDU installation, but they are definitly some cases where it does prevent its install. Maybe newer BP-WeiDU are not affected ?

#10 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:21 AM

Well, I followed this list of installation. I have just finished installing the components and I hope that it works. If it doesn't work it will sucks ass, because I will probably have to start anew.

The entire game is 11 GB. That's a lot, considering the pure game is half of that :).

Anyway, I think some unification of a portion these mods under one banner will certainly help newbies. I don't know if it will happen, but I hope it will happen eventually.

#11 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:44 AM

Well... it doesn't work. I hoped it would work. When I start a new game it kicks me out saying "An Assertion failed in ChVidPal.cpp at line nubmer 1415". Any clues what is it and whether I can overcome this problem, without reinstalling the whole thing?

#12 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:42 AM

Post your WeiDU.log

Most likely too many songs.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#13 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:51 AM

Did you install "Restored SoA Logo" from BG2 Tweaks?
If yes, uninstall just this one component and it should work fine.

#14 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:30 AM

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 1
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Boo - Minsc‘s Familiar
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Twisted Rune Quest
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #7 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #8 // Melora NPC - Chaotic-Neutral Halfling Swashbuckler
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #9 // Leina NPC - True-Neutral Half-Elf Bard Of Melody
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #10 // Areas & Sounds
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v6.02 (cummulative patch)
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #2 // Animations Compatibility Fix for "Tortured Souls"
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #3 // NoCD Missing DLL. Please install it if you previously failed to install NoCD patch.
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.01
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGT-NeJ2 Compatibility Patch
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Custom Portraits For Imoen and Jaheira
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Boo - Minsc's Familiar Fixes
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Custom Firewalker Kit and continuity for Shar-Teel
~SETUP-BGTNEJ2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Merchant League Store
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Longer Road v 1.5
~SETUP-LONGERROAD.TP2~ #0 #1 // SPEED BANTERS
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #14 // Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1130 // Reputation Resets in BG2 (BGT Only)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // PnP Spell Progression Tables
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Delay High Level Abilities
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Alter Item Descriptions for 'Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor' Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Item Descriptions for 'Allow Arcane  Spellcasting in Armor' Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2191 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Identification Ability is Based on Storekeeper's Lore
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3140 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG Values
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #5 // Locks, Traps and Spells XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #8 // No XP for learning spells
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #10 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #14 // SoA Starting XP Reduction -> Reduce to 44500 XP (50%)
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #18 // ToB Starting XP Reduction -> Reduce to 1250000 XP (50%)
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts

I didn't notice this "Restored SoA Logo" component. I will check and see what it is.

#15 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:57 AM

well, it's there in yr weidu.log:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)

uninstall it and try playing again: that problem should go away.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#16 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:18 AM

Yeah, I uninstalled it and it worked. For a time, however. Just after I generate my character and get ready for action as the game is loading - it kicks me out and the program does not respond.

#17 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:02 AM

Try re-installing everything. At least at the beginning, you need some patience and be ready to install and install again. Anyway if you follow the guides in this site (and try to chose just the safest tweaks in your installation) you won't have any problems ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#18 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

• 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:34 PM

No chance trying something else? Yep, I guess I am moaning, but I just don't fancy very much the idea of reinstalling and installing, but probably there is no other choice :).