Photo

questions about world map

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

i have a few questions about the worldmap mod... can i use it with BG2 + throne of bhaal and the mega mods(TS,TDD,SOS,BP and CTB) only?or it is only compatilbe with BP+BGT???

#2 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

Yes, you need worldmap 6.3 to make things work. Otherwise you will have problems with all the areas from the big mods showing up.

#3 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

Yes, you need worldmap 6.3 to make things work. Otherwise you will have problems with all the areas from the big mods showing up.

tnx for the reply.. so its ok to use worldmap without BGT or tales of the sword coast??

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:53 PM

Yes.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#5 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:36 AM

Not only ok, but you HAVE to use it, because TDD and SoS (and perhaps CtB too) require it.

#6 Steve

Steve
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:28 PM

I have questions about Worldmap 6.3. The ReadMe in the archive dated Aug. 10 says:
Please install this mod directly after after the original patches and fixes, but before all large mods (BP, BGT, NeJ, CtB, DSotSC, BH, NTotSC etc.).

but the ReadMe dated Jul. 3 in the download directory says:
Please install this mod directly after all large mods (BP, BGT, NeJ, SOS, TDD, TS, ROT, CtB, DSotSC, BH, NTotSC etc.).

Also, is the Setup-BP-BGT-Worldmap.rar (also dated Aug. 10) the one I should use? It is different from the one in the archive:
g5dual> diff Setup-BP-BGT-Worldmap.tp2 BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.3/Setup-BP-BGT-Worldmap.tp2
9c9
< ~BP-BGT_Worldmap/Language/English/setup.tra~
---
> ~BP-BGT_Worldmap/Language/English/worldmap.tra~
13c13
< ~BP-BGT_Worldmap/Language/german/setup.tra~
---
> ~BP-BGT_Worldmap/Language/german/worldmap.tra~

Edited by Steve, 05 September 2006 - 06:15 PM.

#7 impe

impe
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

yup... I have noticed also that there are 2 .tp2 files that you can download(1 in the full download for the worldmap and the other as a separate archive)... does anyone know which one should be used when installing the worldmap mod?

I think that you should always install the worldmap last. That is what is written in the BP-weidu compatability guide..

Edited by impe, 05 September 2006 - 09:37 PM.

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:29 PM

yup... I have noticed also that there are 2 .tp2 files that you can download(1 in the full download for the worldmap and the other as a separate archive)... does anyone know which one should be used when installing the worldmap mod?

I think that you should always install the worldmap last. That is what is written in the BP-weidu compatability guide..

Install the worldmap right at the very end, just before you run the GUI switcher. The .tp2 you can download with the full package is the right one to use AFAIR if you are installing the mega install using BDv1.5 Fixpack. If you are using G3's BG2 Fixpack use the seperate downloadable .tp2, as I believe King Diamond made some changes to it that take advantage of some BG2 Fixpack specific items. If when you run it you have difficulty getting the .tp2 to parse, you'll need to open it up and at the very beginning of the .tp2 under the languages section you need to change the .tra reference to worldmap.tra as opposed to setup.tra. It should then parse and execute correctly.

It takes a village...

#9 --Steve--

--Steve--

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:51 PM

Thanks, erebusant. Your message should be made the READ_ME_FIRST file in the Worldmap download directory.

#10 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

Thanks, erebusant. Your message should be made the READ_ME_FIRST file in the Worldmap download directory.

erebusant's greatness aside -- and he is great -- these TP2 versions should be merged into ONE file, where a check is made for the version of fixpack is being used, or not. It'll limit a lot of confusion and forum searching (traffic that this forum does not need).

I don't know who to point a finger at about this, so I won't use the nudge smilie...