I need to undo something with installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Elentari-

-Elentari-

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:46 PM

Okay, I had the recommended install, the one that's about 1.23 gb. And i got some mods working for it, like some lord of the ring items, the one ring, Chloe, and SPfixpack, for Shadows of Amn. I don't have Throne of Bhaal.

It was all working great. Then I decided to reinstall the whole game with the complete installation, i think it's about 2.5 gb. Anyway, i ended up having to reinstall the LOTR stuff, and that was fine. Before i tried to reinstall Chloe, i played the game first. And now, whenever I select her, random messages from her show up in the dialogue box. None of her voice sounds won't even work.

So i tried to install Chloe and the SPfixpack, but they won't finish with the install. It keeps having to "roll back" to a previous state, by uninstalling all the files it had just tried to uninstall. I tried to do it fresh by typing in "U" to uninstall Chloe, but it just says that it's not installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:58 AM

yes. you've absolutely and irretrievably fried yr install without any hope of recovery.

what you have to do is uninstall everything related to BGII, including the game itself, then reinstall BGII with a full install (you can't instal mods on anything less than a full install), then patch it and fixpack it, then install yr mods. at this point, everything will work fine.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:58 PM

Alrighty thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try later tonight.

By the way, sorry for the triple topic post. When I clicked the "post" button, it took me to a page that said "Server activity full" or something like that, so i stupidly went back and clicked the button twice more before checking the forum to see if it posted. I tried to delete them but there was no option to, I guess because I'm just a guest.