Photo

Tdd 1.10 weidu installation issue

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AlisAtAn

AlisAtAn
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

im trying to install the BP megamod , but i get an error from the the tdd weidu install.

From the errorlog:

Appended text to [PDIALOG.2DA]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: [TOOLTIP.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument(_))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The Darkest Day, v1.10], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1364 files for [SETUP-TDD.TP2] component 0.

I`m installing from a fresh install of both Bg1 and 2 (both with patches). i used the install order from this post:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22224

Any ideas?

AlisAtAn
Attached File  SETUP_TDD.debug.txt   360.68K   370 downloads

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:52 AM

im trying to install the BP megamod , but i get an error from the the tdd weidu install.

From the errorlog:

Appended text to [PDIALOG.2DA]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: [TOOLTIP.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument(_))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The Darkest Day, v1.10], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1364 files for [SETUP-TDD.TP2] component 0.

I`m installing from a fresh install of both Bg1 and 2 (both with patches). i used the install order from this post:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22224

Any ideas?

AlisAtAn
Attached File  SETUP_TDD.debug.txt   360.68K   370 downloads

Use TDD v1.11 it's at the link in the post pinned at the top.

It takes a village...

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:10 AM

Attach your weidu.log - that's more helpful for us.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#4 AlisAtAn

AlisAtAn
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:34 AM

Attach your weidu.log - that's more helpful for us.

Done.

Edit: Thats funny... thought i had the newest version. must have used an outdated mirror... probably blackwyrmlair

Thanks for quick answer. I`l be back to complain som more if 1.11 doesnt do the trick... :P

Attached Files

Edited by AlisAtAn, 17 October 2006 - 09:41 AM.

#5 AlisAtAn

AlisAtAn
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

it worked with tdd 1.11. but now i really need something to biff up my override before i install bpv177... i cant seem to find NTotSC-Biff.BAT anywhere. isnt it supposed to be in the rar file? any help appreciated

#6 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

it worked with tdd 1.11. but now i really need something to biff up my override before i install bpv177... i cant seem to find NTotSC-Biff.BAT anywhere. isnt it supposed to be in the rar file? any help appreciated

How big is your override file? Can you repost your WeiDU log now that your install is nearly complete? You only really need to biff your override if it is absolutely huge, or you are having noticeable game lag caused by it. Other than that, it's best to leave it unbiffed except for the BP Family mods and DS/NTotSC and SoBH which all come with their own biffing routines if you have the latest versions installed.

It takes a village...

#7 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

why before?

#8 AlisAtAn

AlisAtAn
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:45 AM

How big is your override file? Can you repost your WeiDU log now that your install is nearly complete? You only really need to biff your override if it is absolutely huge, or you are having noticeable game lag caused by it. Other than that, it's best to leave it unbiffed except for the BP Family mods and DS/NTotSC and SoBH which all come with their own biffing routines if you have the latest versions installed.

the override is 212mb, and contains 11956 files. isnt that quite a bit? i havent tried running it after installing, because im waiting for bpv177, but i have some doubts about my 1.5ghz 256mb ram laptop running that smoothly... i have latest versions, i think. used the newest ones at the america.iegmc mirror. however neither dsotc\nsotc or sobh biffed up anything... the nsotc readme explains this as such:

Biffing Note: BoneHill and BG1NPC both modify some of the same files that DSotSC and NTotSC modify. Therefore, run the biff utilities after installing all mods so only the final version of the file gets placed into the \DATA directory. Do not use the DSotSC-Biff.BAT file, it is included inside the NTotSC-Biff.BAT file.

but the NTotSC-Biff.BAT isnt anywhere on my computer for som reason. i tried downloading it again, but it doesnt show up in the rar file. could anyone (if this is the file i need) post it here?

As for the weidu.log file... it has for some reason turned into a empty file (0kb). :whistling: dont know anything bout that... noticed it just now when i tried to upload it.

why before?

Because the BP Mega Install Guide im using to install says its a good idea. it even mentions a file to use, PreBPOverBiff. but i cant find that either... not on my computer, not on the forums, not on google. those bat files really are elusive it seems... :P

AlisAtAn

edited by seanas to correct the quote tags

Edited by seanas, 18 October 2006 - 03:27 AM.

#9 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:34 AM

the override is 212mb, and contains 11956 files. isnt that quite a bit? i havent tried running it after installing, because im waiting for bpv177, but i have some doubts about my 1.5ghz 256mb ram laptop running that smoothly... i have latest versions, i think. used the newest ones at the america.iegmc mirror. however neither dsotc\nsotc or sobh biffed up anything... the nsotc readme explains this as such:

that's a very small overide folder. when we talk about overly large overide folders, we're talking about >1GB in size. for reference: i use an old laptop to play BP; it's 660MHz, with 192MB RAM; my override is ~600MB with no performance issues whatsoever. even with this setup, i've found that i can run override folders of 1.25GB without performance issues if i lower the graphics and audio settings.

the NTSOTC biffer is included in the NTOTSC download, unless i'm horribly mistaken; and the TOOLTIP error you reported was fixed for TDD v1.11.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#10 AlisAtAn

AlisAtAn
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:47 AM

ok thanks. il just be on my merry way with bp 177 then... :D i thought the number of files in the override was important... my mistake.

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:42 AM

ok thanks. il just be on my merry way with bp 177 then... :D i thought the number of files in the override was important... my mistake.

I think I have close to 18000 files in my override at the moment. If it becomes an issue, let us know and I'll post up the biff routine again.

On you DS & NT otSC, are you using the v185 and v145 versions of both of the WM6 variety?

It takes a village...

#12 Dog Cavalry

Dog Cavalry
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:38 AM

Aargh! Ten thousand maledictions. I have that exact error too. Been forum crawling for a week trying to find the solution...

DL'ing TDDv1.11 right now.

But did anyone install 1.10 and not get that error? Presumably so, or it would never have been posted. So why do some folks get blighted and others not. Is it a good kharma/bad kharma issue or what?

#13 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

But did anyone install 1.10 and not get that error? Presumably so, or it would never have been posted. So why do some folks get blighted and others not. Is it a good kharma/bad kharma issue or what?

there was a workaround posted - involving editing yr tp2 file yrself to fix the tooltip problem. you'll find it if you search for 'tooltip' thru the forum; but it was one of hte major reasons why v1.11 came into existence.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||