• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:05 AM

Hi,
as far as I could see Edwin is not included in the Crossmod banter pack (current version4) for romance conflicts. Writing a romanceable NPC myself I would be highly interested if this could be changed. I did not plan on including any romance checks (other than Anomen, of course) into my NPC mod but leave it all to Crossmod banter pack, so male romanceable NPC mods not inlcuded there would mean incompatibility.

Additionally I have a question concerning Edwin committed romance: For my NPC mod I have a Edwin-NPC banter where Edwin talks about prostitutes in Athkatla. I imagine such a banter might not be appropriate for committed Edwin romance. If you agree (I can PM you the dialogue if you want) I would offer to integrate the variable of Edwin romance into the banter so it doesn't show for active Edwin romance.

Thank you!

#2 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

Hi,
as far as I could see Edwin is not included in the Crossmod banter pack (current version4) for romance conflicts. Writing a romanceable NPC myself I would be highly interested if this could be changed. I did not plan on including any romance checks (other than Anomen, of course) into my NPC mod but leave it all to Crossmod banter pack, so male romanceable NPC mods not inlcuded there would mean incompatibility.

Additionally I have a question concerning Edwin committed romance: For my NPC mod I have a Edwin-NPC banter where Edwin talks about prostitutes in Athkatla. I imagine such a banter might not be appropriate for committed Edwin romance. If you agree (I can PM you the dialogue if you want) I would offer to integrate the variable of Edwin romance into the banter so it doesn't show for active Edwin romance.

Thank you!

Hello Jastey! I was approached about the Crossmod, and while it certainly sounds interesting, RL doesn't really leave me time for modding at this time.

Certainly I will be happy to have a look at the dialogue you mentioned and let you know what I think. :)

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, I understand the RL no time for modding part..

I'll PM you the dialogue, to avoid being spoilerish and such. :)

Ajantis' romance match conditions is good or neutral alignments, no plain rogue.

What would be the variables for the Edwin romance?
What I'd need is: for active romance, committed romance, and ended romance.

Edited by jastey, 10 December 2006 - 11:57 PM.

#4 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, I understand the RL no time for modding part..

I'll PM you the dialogue, to avoid being spoilerish and such. :)

Ajantis' romance match conditions is good or neutral alignments, no plain rogue.

What would be the variables for the Edwin romance?
What I'd need is: for active romance, committed romance, and ended romance.

Sent you a PM. :) Just like in the Bioware romances, it's EdwinRomance=1 for active, EdwinRomance=2 for committed, EdwinRomance=3 for discarded.

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:05 AM

Thank you, that's good to know.

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

Hi,
as far as I could see Edwin is not included in the Crossmod banter pack (current version4) for romance conflicts. Writing a romanceable NPC myself I would be highly interested if this could be changed.

Me, too - it would be really great, since as of now it's possible to multiromance with Edwin and other romance interests.

You don't have to write any additional banters for that: Crossmod Romance Conflicts are basically just script checks:
IF Romance1=1
OR(many)
Romance2=2
RomanceN=2
THEN
Romance1=3

If you'd like Edwin Romance to be included, just read the interest thread, and if you like the idea, sign up there.

#7 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

A question on this:

Is the global now EdwinRomanceActive
or
EdwinRomance

I am confused as Laufey says EdwinRomance, but I though bioware uses NpcRomanceActive

I would like to know this as I am setting up a NPC-NPC romance in MftW, if player rejected Kirinhale, but I also want to make sure Edwin was rejected before that happened.

Just trying to make the mods compatible ;)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#8 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

A question on this:
I would like to know this as I am setting up a NPC-NPC romance in MftW, if player rejected Kirinhale, but I also want to make sure Edwin was rejected before that happened.

Just trying to make the mods compatible ;)

You may be trying to make the mods compatible, but you really must obtain permission from Laufey before checking for *any* active or inactive romances.

My day seems to be all about Crossmod.

(shrugs) That happens, sometimes.

@Laufey: You don't need to have any time to mod to be included in the romance conflict component of the Crossmod Banter Pack. The whole point of that component is to free modders from having to maintain that aspect of their mods. If a new romanceable NPC comes along, you, the modder, don't have to worry about it, since Crossmod would make sure that everything was up to date.

Here's what it does: if one romance becomes committed, all other mod romances are shut down. That's it.

If you have interest, but no time to deal with it, I can even download the mod to get the variable name and values myself. Naturally, I wouldn't do this without your permission.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#9 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:39 AM

Slight difference with me, is that I want to go for a NPC-NPC one, and not check for the PC one as another tries to invade.
This can happen as Kirinhale swings all ways, but that I wanted to leave to up to Crossmod.
However, I understand your point Berelinde.

Miss Laufey, would be oright for me to have one check for your Romance variable in the Mod for the Wicked? This would be to prevent the Kirinhale NPC to get with Edwin into a sort-of (more one-night stand like) NPC-NPC romance, when Edwin would romance the PC, as by the virtue of your mod.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~