Photo

The Dreaded Bugs Thread...

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

Psionica: the soulfire gem was indeed missing in the game. Will be added in the next version.
Spoiler
Item code is "E3Gem.itm".

Thank you for the reports and your interest in the mod!

Hm. I'm gonna have to go back there as i did not find it.

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#82 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:33 PM

Psionica: the soulfire gem was indeed missing in the game. Will be added in the next version.
Spoiler
Item code is "E3Gem.itm".

Thank you for the reports and your interest in the mod!

Hm. I'm gonna have to go back there as i did not find it.

I rechecked Yaga Shura's home, not there. Im doing watchers keep right now before i do Abazigals lair.

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#83 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:40 AM

The gem should be in YagaShura's bed. Which version of the mod are you playing?

#84 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:30 PM

The gem should be in YagaShura's bed. Which version of the mod are you playing?

I assume his bed is the big oval shape at the top of the dungeon. I searched every spot u can aquire items. My version is 5.4

Note: It does appear in shadowkeeper (the gem) i'll just go ahead and add it and then upgrade with Cespenar

Psi

#85 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:19 PM

The bed is the rectangular thing at the top/north of the room in Yaga Shura's home (AR5204), it has a round container in it. I just checked, and the gem is there.
Maybe you have another mod blocking the script executing, but with only Fade installed the gem is where it should.

Edited by jastey, 17 February 2020 - 10:20 PM.

#86 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:20 PM

Friendship track seems to be broken: https://www.gibberli...&comment=278860

EDIT: fixed in 5.6.

Edited by jastey, 03 August 2020 - 10:04 PM.

#87 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:49 PM

I'm playing Fade again in BGII and she's the only mod i've installed. This is my 4th time romancing Fade, I really love this mod. Kudos to Mistress Elysia :)

Psi

#88 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:18 AM

I'm playing Fade again in BGII and she's the only mod i've installed. This is my 4th time romancing Fade, I really love this mod. Kudos to Mistress Elysia :)

That's a nice thing to say. And a pleasant surprise in all the bug reports. :)

#89 Bertle

Bertle
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 07:06 PM

Hi! This is my first time playing Fade and I'm really enjoying her so far!

I've encountered a dialogue loop bug that occurs when talking to Renal Bloodscalp. Whenever he speaks to Fade, they complete their conversation and then restart, never giving me an option to end dialogue and forcing me to quit the game. I was able to get the Mae'Var quest by leaving her downstairs and therefore preventing her response to Renal, but I'm unable to hand in the quest because the Renal/Fade banter occurs mid-dialogue. Is there any way I can fix or circumvent this issue? I want my fancy short sword :(.

I was thinking I could maybe drop Fade for this one dialogue and pick her back up after, but I'm not sure if that would end or reset my romance with her?

#90 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 04:06 AM

Would you quote one line that is repeating? Do they repeat their lines over and over, meaning the dialogue does never end?

#91 Bertle

Bertle
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:45 AM

Hi Jastey,

What happens is I speak to Renal and the dialogue goes as follows:

Renal: "The tale of your deed has already reached my ear as such things tend to. Well done, I say! Your reward is well earned."

Renal: "And well done to you too, Fade. Maybe I have... underestimated you somewhat in the past. You have shown yourself true to your Guild and your Shadow Master. Maybe we can "bury the hatchet", as they say?"

Fade: "Y-yes sir, Renal, sir. I would like that very much."

Renal: "Good show!"

Renal: "And well done to you too, Fade. Maybe I have... underestimated you somewhat in the past. You have shown yourself true to your Guild and your Shadow Master. Maybe we can "bury the hatchet", as they say?"

Fade: "Y-yes sir, Renal, sir. I would like that very much."

Renal: "Good show!"

Renal: "And well done to you too, Fade. Maybe I have... underestimated you somewhat in the past. You have shown yourself true to your Guild and your Shadow Master. Maybe we can "bury the hatchet", as they say?"

...etc. etc. in a loop so I am forced to close the game. 

#92 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:25 AM

Bertle Thanks, that is very helpful. Which version of the mod do you have installed? Did you download here from SHS, or did you use an automated installer? What game are you on?

#93 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:34 AM

I don't see how this could happen. In my installation, the dialogue transition works, there is only one transition to the comment to Fade, afterwards the original dialogue should continue. If you encounter a loop, could it be that you reinstalled the mod and maybe had a glitch? Or the mod was installed to your game before so now it is twice? - But there should be more glitches in that case. :huh:

I fear this is a glitch in your game. There is no cheat I could tell you to prevent the loop, I'm afraid. :(

#94 Bertle

Bertle
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:10 AM

No problem, thank you so much for your help! I am not very tech-savvy so it is entirely possible that I did something wrong in the install process. I downloaded from SHS and am running the Beamdog BG2EE version of the game. 

Two last questions if you don't mind:

1) If I remove Fade from the party, talk to Renal, then add her back, will that have any consequences for my progress in the romance?

2) If I try to uninstall the Fade mod entirely and do a fresh install, can I continue with my save where I left off?

If not then I will forfeit my rewards and pretend I never did the Mae'var quest. Not the end of the world! :)

#95 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:16 PM

I couldn't find such a kill. Only if romances with Viconia, Aerie, or Jaheira are committed or something with "thief slavery" (were I'm sure Fade will make it clear she won't approve).

If you want to make sure you could check the romance active status with

C:SetGlobal("E3FADEROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL") before kicking her out and after rejoining after talking to Renal.

I would advice against reinstalling the mod, also because I'm not sure it would solve the problem (but probably mess up your saves completely if you have other mods installed as well.)

It could be that you'll encounter problems like this again, though.

#96 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 10:05 AM

From here:

ALL of Fade's dialogues happens 2 or 3 times. It doesn't keep happening forever - it's not as bad as the bug in the Wings mod - but I guess it's worth mentioning.

#97 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:32 AM

Not a bug, but fade.ini needs PI install order syntax and globally unique LABELs for better support of Project Infinity.