The Dreaded Bugs Thread...

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

1. Who knows why that happen, then :P.
2. No, after the kidnap, Fade rejoins you. But Fade can't be dialogue clicked at all (she doesn't even say "has nothing to say to you". until another dialogue romance starts. (so it's not a huge issue)
3. Okay got it, in fact it worked in the end. 

4. Serious issue. After the following banter:

That is it. I'm free. No longer just

no matter what I answer, as soon as I'm out of the dialogue charname starts to stutterstep a lot. Also, he always keep looking to fade right when he stops walking (romantic, but far from cute from a player standpoint)

Video: http://www.filedropper.com/stutterstep

5. Ultraserious issue. After Fade gets the vampirism treatment by Bodhi, I can't click on the monk on the right side of the Oghma's temple. He doesn't even give me a "this character has no response".

Edited by Sergio, 09 July 2019 - 08:00 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#42 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:22 AM

2. Ah, gotyou. Yes, that is on purpose.

4. CHARNAME having a stutter is a new thing. I can't identify any instance in the mod where Player1 is supposed to start a dialogue by himself (I'm not saying it couldn't be in there). Please install the Stutter Debug Tool, and copy&paste the script block in question here. Alternatively, you can send me a zipped savegame.

5. What state of the quest are you in, do you still have the body of the vampire or have you already been to the temple and used Bodhi's heart? Have you spoken to the monk before? Can you talk to the monk when you lay Fade's body on the ground temporarily? EDIT: Just to be sure, you need to have been to the Umar Hills to get help from this monk (original game behavior), i.e. Global("RevealUmar","GLOBAL",1) must be at 1.

Edited by jastey, 09 July 2019 - 09:24 AM.

#43 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:43 PM

4. I can't install the stutter debug tool. Debug file here: http://www.filedropp...up-stutterdebug

5. Anyway, the savegame is here: http://www.filedropp...steppingmadness
So, I can talk with the monk before going to the cemetery. But what happens if I go to him after I've got Fade's bodhi with me? This happens:http://www.filedropper.com/monk_1

You got it, though. If I drop fade's bodhi on the ground, the monk speaks to me! (but I can say nothing to him)

I haven't been to Umar, though. Could it be the reason for the weird behaviour by the monk?

Edit: even being to umar (and solving the quest) and killing firkraag, seems to have not been enough, as youcan check in this savegame: http://www.filedropp...umarandfirkraag

Some more things to note:

a) When you meet the first brother of fade, his dialogue is wrong. Check: 

Fade.tra

@1498 = ~And besides, someone yelled @231 after me once, and I seem to remember that being the stupid soubriquet you started to go by before you left. I knew then that you weren't dead. Pity.~

That @231 appears also in game: I don't think it's supposed to be here.

Edited by Sergio, 09 July 2019 - 11:12 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#44 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:50 PM

3. The dialogue that starts with "~<CHARNAME>, may I ask you something... personal?~" is the 21st romance dialogue. It's triggering is not bound to visiting the graveyard in any way. There is still two lovetalks until the romance gets committed. Romance is not committed yet, hence no Bodhi abduction.

I have a committed romance and she wasn't taken

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#45 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

Sergio: I'll look at your files. One question to speaking to the monk: is the variable "Global("RevealUmar","GLOBAL",1)" set in your game? Just for info, this variable being necessary is original game content. Oh, I just checked and it seems you need to find the book "book94"  // Almanach „De Rei Vampirici“ in Bodhi's lair for this variable to be set. I didn't know this, sorry for sending you to the Umar Hills. I think this is one of the meta-game-knowledge situations, you think the monk should be able to talk to you about Fade's body because you know he should, but the game needs you to collect the book about vampirism to do so. Set the variable and let me know whether it works then (since resurrecting Fade from Vampirism is a bit different, there might be problems later, who knows.)

Edited by jastey, 09 July 2019 - 11:18 PM.

#46 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:44 PM

Okay, yes, I've got the books and now:

a) The monk on the left has a new dialogue option
b) I can speak with the monk on the right.

but there is another issue: It seems I'm getting the dialogue that I should be getting if I do not have the three books with me. They tell me three books were stolen from Umar hills and I'm told the names, but even if I have them with me it doesn't matter.

The issue is that after reverting fade to "normal" I get the romance music and my charname starts to stutter once again.

Edited by Sergio, 09 July 2019 - 11:51 PM.

#47 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:48 PM

Please do not edit your posts if you have new info, I might miss it.

#48 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:52 PM

k

Some more things to note:

a) When you meet the first brother of fade, his dialogue is wrong. Check: 

Fade.tra

@1498 = ~And besides, someone yelled @231 after me once, and I seem to remember that being the stupid soubriquet you started to go by before you left. I knew then that you weren't dead. Pity.~

That @231 appears also in game: I don't think it's supposed to be here.

HUGE ISSUE
The issue is that after reverting fade to "normal" I get the romance music and my charname starts to stutter once again.

#49 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

Here I am right before saving Fade, but the stutter starts again as soon as she is in my party:

http://www.filedropp...rerestoringfade

Save her and check if she stutters, please.

#50 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:58 PM

OK. What am I supposed to do to save her?

#51 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:12 AM

1) Talk with the monk I'm surrounding with my amazing party.
Then crush the demon with the tooth of Firkraag.

After fade joins you, I'm getting a shittons of stutter in my game.

Btw, I can't install the stutter debug (but I guess you saw that debug file already)

2) Maybe I shouldn't ask here, but I'm also playing the mod Assassination. After killing Bodhi, I'm supposed to receive a note from Barnard about Lynn. In my game it doesn't happen. 

Edited by Sergio, 10 July 2019 - 03:29 AM.

#52 Psionica

Psionica
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

Can u miss her brother quest?

Psi

"Love" that's a very rare thing, when u find it you better safeguard it. ---Shirley Manson

#53 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:48 AM

Hey Jastey,

have you had a chance to take a look at the stutter issue? Because honestly I'm looking forward to playing ToB and if all I have to see now are just two more dialogues, I could just import the game in ToB and start with the romanced Fade  :P

#54 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:58 AM

That was BGII:EE, yes?

#55 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:12 AM

I'm playing in EET. But maybe I won't import and start ToB straight anew.

If you know how to use the stutter debug tool, I could try to use it in my very same install. Unluckily, it doesn't install for now.

Edited by Sergio, 11 July 2019 - 03:13 AM.

#56 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:32 AM

I got it (your saves also worked for BGII:EE because I didn't need to visit the worldmap).

Chose Fade with your cursor. THen use the cheatconsole:

C:SetGlobal("E3DIDFINALLOVETALK","LOCALS",2)

This is a bug I introduced in v5.2, will be fixed in the next version.

#57 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:33 AM

This fixes both stutters.

#58 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:33 AM

Thanks, why did that happen? Happy to have helped <3

Edit: sadly the cluaconsole command you gave doesn't fix my stutter. :'( I still hear the music and the characters do stop to look at each other. And yes, I've only selected Fade before using the command.

Edited by Sergio, 11 July 2019 - 03:39 AM.

#59 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:45 AM

The cursor needs to be over Fade while you set the variable via cheat.

#60 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:52 AM

Done!! thank you a lot.