8 replies to this topic

#1 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:25 AM

Subj updated.

To suppress confusing (and mostly useless) 'Warning:' messages new command line switch is instroduced.
All necessary modifications for EndSetup.bat are made and included in the attachment as well.
I think next BGT version could use that.

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:10 PM

OK, will check it out.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 zefklop

zefklop
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:25 AM

I'm doing a linux installer for BGT-Weidu...

Can I have the source code of tis2bg2 please ?

you are able to say "no", but a linux-compiled version would be very nicer than a "wine ti2bg2.exe blablabla...", especially when you know that some users use cedega/cvscedega/winex instead of wine !

(wine is a kind of windows emulator under linux... )

Edited by zefklop, 17 December 2006 - 09:34 AM.

#4 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:45 AM

I think 99% of all mods installers to BG2 are on WEIDU so propably tis2bg2 also...so installation instructions are in .tp2 file and executive is renamed weidu.exe ;)

#5 zefklop

zefklop
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:04 AM

no... AFAIK, tis2bg2 converts textures from bg1 to textures for BG2... it's not a mod, it's a part of the BGT installer !

#6 lodgey

lodgey
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

no... AFAIK, tis2bg2 converts textures from bg1 to textures for BG2... it's not a mod, it's a part of the BGT installer !

I took a look at this before while I was trying to install bgt under linux. see this thread for details.

I've never tried linking to another thread, so I hope this works correctly. The thread is titled "BGT 101 with Transgaming Cedega (linux)" just in case it doesn't.

The problem I mentioned in that thread was purely my fault. I copied my directory so I could test without re-installng, but I was working off the copied directory, and I didn't update the paths in my baldur.ini file.

The next problem was the game locked up just after character creation. I haven't looked at it since.

Back to the topic.

From what I can see, tis2bg2 can't just be recompiled under linux. It works fine under windows, but King Diamond is obviously a windows programmer because the program relies on windows routines to work (King Diamond, this isn't a complaint by the way).

I just used wine tis2bg2, which as you pointed out is not an ideal solution. Do the tutu people have a de-greenifier that works on a mac? If so, you may want to ask if you can steal their source code, although you will have to check exactly what tis2bg2 does. It seems to alter the textures to ensure water doesn't come out green, but also renames the areas as it does so.

Edit - Small typo.

Edited by lodgey, 17 December 2006 - 04:29 PM.

#7 Steve

Steve
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:21 PM

Do the tutu people have a de-greenifier that works on a mac? If so, you may want to ask if you can steal their source code, although you will have to check exactly what tis2bg2 does.

Yes, tis2bg2 was modified to run on Macs. Mostly it was just byte-swapping and using mmap. The modified source and the original can be downloaded from:
http://home.comcast....r18/tis2bg2.zip

#8 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:09 AM

no... AFAIK, tis2bg2 converts textures from bg1 to textures for BG2... it's not a mod, it's a part of the BGT installer

BGT installer (and many more) are based on WeiDU which means Weimer Dialog Utility in original but is much more enhanced that the former versions which means whole .are, .wed, .ogg, .tis, .biff etc. operations.

#9 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:14 AM

Do the tutu people have a de-greenifier that works on a mac? If so, you may want to ask if you can steal their source code, although you will have to check exactly what tis2bg2 does.

Yes, tis2bg2 was modified to run on Macs. Mostly it was just byte-swapping and using mmap. The modified source and the original can be downloaded from:
http://home.comcast....r18/tis2bg2.zip

I've shared Windows sourcecode a year ago, but I can do that once again for whom it may be interesting... :cheers:

(last update: 02-12-2008)
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme