Photo

BPv177 bug reports

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#21 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

-Shadow Druids do not turn hostile after the dialogue at the druid grove (the ones guarding the bridge)
-Temple Sewers North part: Tarnor is FRIENDLY for some weird reason and can be commanded and even if you talk to him and he says he will kill you, he stays friendly and his companions neutral.
-Flaming skulls (the ones at the city gate sewers near the entrance to horred's lair) seem to have no AI script. You can bash em and cast at em and they will not react at all.
--GhostNWN

#22 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

-Shadow Druids do not turn hostile after the dialogue at the druid grove (the ones guarding the bridge)

@seanas, I can verify this one happens in my game also.

ronin

#23 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:04 AM

Map pins in the "under the city gates" sewers area display some weird text. As if it were an excerpt from a book. (this is the area pre-horred's lair and with the flaming skulls)

Edited by OldVeteran, 19 January 2007 - 05:04 AM.

--GhostNWN

#24 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

Map pins in the "under the city gates" sewers area display some weird text. As if it were an excerpt from a book. (this is the area pre-horred's lair and with the flaming skulls)

This is most likely not a bug, but a result of reinstalling dialogue-heavy mods and using old save. The same is true about any other "scrambled" text strings you may encounter.

-Temple Sewers North part: Tarnor is FRIENDLY for some weird reason and can be commanded and even if you talk to him and he says he will kill you, he stays friendly and his companions neutral.

This encounter worked fine for me.

Haerdalis attacks party instead of enemies when portal is being opening

I had the same problem with Haerdalis, but after searching through all the items I was bagging around, I found I was carrying Shazzellim +1 (SW1H50), which is scripted to make bards go hostile? Common item to have at that point if you hoard items. Anyway, I gave up the sword and no more hostile Haerdalis. This on a BP177 megainstall ala erebusant. Concur on the other issues. Appreciate all your efforts seanas!! :cheers:

Confirmed, Haer'Dalis attacks my party during Raelis's portal summoning. He stays neutral (GOODBUTBLUE, to be exact), but targets his offensive spells at nearest PC. I also have Shazzellim with me at that moment, but dropping it doesn't affect Haer's weird behaviour in any way (on a side note, this weapon doesn't add any scripting to turn bards hostile - at least QuestPack version).

Changing his DEFAULT script from BPWTSIGT to original WTASIGHT, or SCS version of WTASIGHT, fixes the problem.

Domination is too toned down from the basic BG. I remember before any mods, when a NPC dominated people from my party, they'd become nasty enemies till I dispelled them or killed them. Now, they just stand around doing nothing after being dominated - they also don't stop being dominated after being attacked by the dominator.

Never happened to me.

#25 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:49 AM

Not sure whether this is due to BP or something else, but you get XP twice when you return the lanthorne to Elnan.
Each character gets 74500 xp on returning and as you then get directly teleported to Tethirforest, you get another 74500 before he even starts talking to you again.

[EDIT]
Another thing I noticed now is that neutral NPCs that are supposed to help you in battle attack you instead. Could this be in line with the BP AI fixes? Because I don't think I had this occur before.
This is not true for those who aid you agaisnt Bodhi, but happened to me with the people you free in the asylum and haer dalis when you fight off the extraplanar creatures.
Both of the times I only used melee (no spells or effects) and the very first thing they do is cast spells at me and turn hostile after a few more spells.

Edited by OldVeteran, 20 January 2007 - 04:39 AM.

--GhostNWN

#26 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

while were on the subject of bugs, any idea when v178 is coming out? (sorry for being the guy that asked :doh: .)

#27 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have the same problem with the troll's area in the asylum, I'm stuck and I can't get out. The apparition didn't show up. I know there's a way to jump to another area, how do I do it? If I do jump out, won't it not trigger something that needed to be triggered?

#28 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:03 AM

Guest, try this:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Eletro01")
The detailed topic is in the BGT+BP forum
--GhostNWN

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

Guest, try this:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Eletro01")
The detailed topic is in the BGT+BP forum

Thanks vet, that did it. This squid appreciates it.

#30 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

Lasaonar, drow swordsman (the first pit fight) doesn't fight when 4 other drow attack him.

What's the reason for changing UDLESA.BCS, anyway? The original script triggers work perfectly fine here.

#31 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:03 AM

Lasaonar, drow swordsman (the first pit fight) doesn't fight when 4 other drow attack him.

What's the reason for changing UDLESA.BCS, anyway? The original script triggers work perfectly fine here.

unless i'm confused from banging my head against this problem for too long, BP doesn't change UDLESA.bcs - which is why it makes no sense that it doesn't work. of course if i am confused, and BP does change it, then there's a simple bugfix for me (and i'll wonder why i've spent so long on both weidu and non-weidu BP trying to fix it).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#32 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:07 AM

and what's this ???

COPY_EXISTING ~UDLESA.bcs~		 ~override~
  REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK   ~BPv177/SNIP/oUDLESA.bcs~ ~BPv177/SNIP/nUDLESA.bcs~
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

#33 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:14 AM

you've gotta worry when i've completely forgotten about that..

that's Horred's attempt to fix Lasaonar - for reasons i've never understand, UDLESA.bcs doesn't work in BP, and hasn't since prior to v161G. Lasaonar simply doesn't register the drow attacking him. he'll heal himself if he gets injured, and if you Ctrl-Y the four drow he'll teleport up and start his dialogue (so the script is working) but he'll never actually attack. the snippet is Horred attempting - unsuccessfully - to force him to attack by removing the See requirement. still doesn't work, however.

Edited by seanas, 27 January 2007 - 08:15 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#34 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:04 AM

that's Horred's attempt to fix Lasaonar - for reasons i've never understand, UDLESA.bcs doesn't work in BP, and hasn't since prior to v161G. Lasaonar simply doesn't register the drow attacking him. he'll heal himself if he gets injured, and if you Ctrl-Y the four drow he'll teleport up and start his dialogue (so the script is working) but he'll never actually attack. the snippet is Horred attempting - unsuccessfully - to force him to attack by removing the See requirement. still doesn't work, however.

How about just removing it alltogether? It worked in the unmodded version.

ronin

#35 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

Could be quite major:

Each time I put the Lilith Amulet (from the Ritual quest reward) into my bag of holding, a random party member gets a new one at a random position of their inventory without me getting the "party has gained an item" message.
Each time this happens, the old one does not disappear from the bag either, leading to infinite duplication...
--GhostNWN

#36 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

Could be quite major:

Each time I put the Lilith Amulet (from the Ritual quest reward) into my bag of holding, a random party member gets a new one at a random position of their inventory without me getting the "party has gained an item" message.
Each time this happens, the old one does not disappear from the bag either, leading to infinite duplication...

This is the BUG THREAD i think you need the super sweet cheat thread. :doh:

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

I have a bug to report. The ritual scroll won't work for me with the imprisoned one. I don't get the dialog changes. It just says spell ineffective in the dialog box. Is there a global I can set to get past this? If so, how do I look up global variables, creatures, etc. ? I have BP 177, Bd fixpack, CTB, TDD, tweaks installed. I looked around the forums and found no entrys on this.

#38 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:32 AM

I can confirm what guest is describing. Ritual scroll doesn't work for me either. Gotta kill Odren or Demogorgon
--GhostNWN

#39 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:20 PM

weidu ninja pro5 fixed it here: http://forums.gibber...s...ic=8106&hl=

#40 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Err, no. :) That fix is for the duelmaster not recognizing the fact that the duel is over (which is caused by "Set All Dialog To Pause" from BG2 Tweaks), although it involves changing same file.

The "fix" for Lasaonar would be to remove all changes BP introduces to his script, because it already works fine the way it is.