BPv177 bug reports

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#41 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

The "fix" for Lasaonar would be to remove all changes BP introduces to his script, because it already works fine the way it is.

actually, Lasaonar hasn't worked in any version of BP i've played - i first tried to fix it in version 3 of the s_and_h patch for BPv161G (that'd be october, 2004); the version that exists in BPv177 was added in v175 (i think) (and not by me, btw) in response to persistent reports from early beta testers about unaltered Lasaonar not working in BPv170 thru 175.

that said, i'm removing it from v178 - i figure we may as well start with the default code and work our way from there (and yes, i'm working on v178: i missed my end-of-jan deadline, and have been stuck in work hell ever since - which was why i was trying to finish it before the end of jan).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#42 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

Hey, genius shouldn't be rushed, so please take all the time you need. :cheers:

#43 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

I am very happy that it still is being worked on :cheers: take what time you need.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#44 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:49 PM

it's offtop, but I've seen horred the plague here yesterday=)

#45 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:43 PM

Turmish leader is the only one turning hostile after the brief convo in the penultimate bard stronghold quest.
Illasera in ToB turns hostile after the convo but her minions do not...

I found that such types of issues happen quite often. What causes it?
--GhostNWN

#46 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

actually, Lasaonar hasn't worked in any version of BP i've played - i first tried to fix it in version 3 of the s_and_h patch for BPv161G (that'd be october, 2004); the version that exists in BPv177 was added in v175 (i think) (and not by me, btw) in response to persistent reports from early beta testers about unaltered Lasaonar not working in BPv170 thru 175.

that said, i'm removing it from v178 - i figure we may as well start with the default code and work our way from there (and yes, i'm working on v178: i missed my end-of-jan deadline, and have been stuck in work hell ever since - which was why i was trying to finish it before the end of jan).

Just to confirm this once again, I redownloaded BP v1.77 from IEGMC, commented out UDLESA.BCS patch in TP2, and installed it on clean Fixpack+BGT setup:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.02f
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #14 // Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP

Result:

Posted Image

#47 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:53 PM

While I'm here, may I request the following EA.IDS patch also be removed comletely:

APPEND ~EA.IDS~ ~0 ANYONE~ UNLESS ~0 ANYONE~
COPY_EXISTING ~EA.ids~  ~override~
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~10~  ~18~ UNLESS ~18~
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Reasons:
1) It causes problems with any scripts using EA.IDS compiled after BP (see last few posts in this thread)
2) On my install which I have so far played from start of BGT till end of Underdark, commenting out this patch has resulted in zero problems. In fact, I don't seem be having much of the "not going hostile" problem (see above post by OldVeteran), either. I don't necesarily imply this was the root of the problem (I changed many other things too), but still...

Edited by pro5, 10 February 2007 - 11:55 PM.

#48 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:06 AM

cool, thanks for checking Lasaonar, pro5. wouldn't it be ironic if after all this time, it wasn't actually BP that was breaking that scene, but one of the other big mods?

as for EA.IDS - i'll have to check whether BP uses ANYONE as a target in any of it's scripts - i seem to recall that it does, and frequently, but it's been a while since i looked. if it does, there's a valid question as to whether i can be bothered re-writing them before, say v179 or later.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#49 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:24 AM

Before you go changing any scripts, take a look at Scripting Quick Reference.doc file usually located in script compiler folder.

The following is a quote from that file:

EnemyAlly is a range between the PC and the evil NPC’s Creatures can fall anywhere along this range.

The IDS file used is EA.ids

PC refers to any of the possible six party members.
GOODCUTOFF refers to anyone good. Party members, allies, summoned monsters, etc.
GOODBUTBLUE refers to anyone good but with a blue circle.
ENEMY refers to anyone evil, generally red circles.
EVILBUTBLUE refers to anyone evil but with a blue circle.
EVILBUTGREEN refers to anyone evil but with a green circle.
NEUTRAL refers to anyone neutral, generally blue circles.
ANYONE refers to any object.

Since many scripts even in unmodded game use ANYONE, I think it's safe to assume you don't need any special actions to enable it.

#50 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:27 AM

Turmish leader is the only one turning hostile after the brief convo in the penultimate bard stronghold quest.
Illasera in ToB turns hostile after the convo but her minions do not...

caused by different things. the usual cause is bad Shouts: the Turmish Leader does a Shout(89); the Turmish Thugs are looking for a Shout(79) to turn hostile.

Illasera is different (but also BP caused): when she turns hostile, her dialogue explicitly lists the NPCs who turn hostile with her (instead of using a Shout). sadly, there are four different versions of that cutscene, depending on yr level and the number of NPCs in yr party, and she only calls her allies from one of those cutscenes hostile.

#51 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:24 AM

Cold mistress in Saradush turns hostile but her minions do not.

Also, I noticed that the Hectan-Lazarus quest is now semi broken. After talking to hectan and asking him why he doesn't go get the scroll himself, he tells you that he will only talk to you again when you have obtained the scroll (and you get the journal entry to do that) If I now go to Lazarus, I do not have the option to get the scroll from him. So the only way for me to solve that quest was to bash in hectan's head and take the book. I don't remember this problem ocurring before I installed any mods.

[EDIT]
Something rather strange just happened:
While completing the Betrayal at the Gates quest, the thugs in Kiser's basement did not turn hostile but attacked Kiser instead...

[EDIT2]
Some of the duergar pioneers and the creatures at the center of the saradush sewers stay neutral
Gromnir's minions don't help him either. Only a male human fighter turned on me, the rest watched.

Edited by OldVeteran, 11 February 2007 - 08:24 AM.

--GhostNWN

#52 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

Also, I noticed that the Hectan-Lazarus quest is now semi broken. After talking to hectan and asking him why he doesn't go get the scroll himself, he tells you that he will only talk to you again when you have obtained the scroll (and you get the journal entry to do that) If I now go to Lazarus, I do not have the option to get the scroll from him. So the only way for me to solve that quest was to bash in hectan's head and take the book. I don't remember this problem ocurring before I installed any mods.

This sounds like a bug that was caused by Fixpack, but fixed in v2. In an attempt to fix some of the other triggers referencing a bad DV, we also broke one of the variables in the triggers.

Edited by CamDawg, 11 February 2007 - 09:16 AM.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#53 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:10 AM

I've encountered this annoying bug a long time ago, but didn't report it since I wasn't sure if it caused by BP. Now I am.
It affects ALL items that have any spellcasting ability. This bug shifts abilities' names from rigth to left somehow. For example, I have Arbane's sword. It can cast Haste. So, in usable items menu I should see "Haste" ability. Instead of this I see haste icon with "Arbane's sword" name.
If item have two or more abilities, all names are shifted. For instace, for Ring of Earth Control I should see 2 abilities: "Charm Eatrh Elemental" and "Flesh to Stone". Instead of this I read "Flesh to Stone" and "Ring of Earth Control". Icons are in the right order, but their names are shifted.
This is purely cosmetic bug, abilities themselves are not affected. But still, it is unleasant.

#54 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:09 AM

I think I have noticed that before I installed any mods before actually.
--GhostNWN

#55 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:26 PM

Gort, got a link to your weidu.log? I think I had that bug - might be due to misaligned TOOLTIP.2da.

#56 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #14 // Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP

and that's not fixpack's fault, before BP installed tooltips are right.

#57 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:38 AM

For seanas: here's fixed TOOLTIP.2DA patching code. Lines in red must be added.

// Dealing with TOOLTIP.2DA **********************************************
APPEND ~TOOLTIP.2DA~ ~HELMLIFE k96738 k96740 25765kkkkkk~
APPEND ~TOOLTIP.2DA~ ~SHADLNTH k99780 -1 -1kkkkkk~
APPEND ~TOOLTIP.2DA~ ~BUCK02 6347 12028 -1kkkkkk~

COPY_EXISTING ~TOOLTIP.2DA~ ~override~
SET required_columns = 10
SET rows=2
SET rows_prev=0
SET col_cnt=0
WHILE "%rows%">1 BEGIN
col_cnt = col_cnt + 1
rows_prev = rows
COUNT_2DA_ROWS col_cnt rows
END
col_cnt = col_cnt - 1
SET ccc = col_cnt - 1

PATCH_IF 1 BEGIN
SPRINT str_add ""
SPRINT str "%ccc%"
FOR(cnt="%col_cnt%"; cnt<="%required_columns%"; cnt+=1) BEGIN
SPRINT str "%str%"^" %cnt%"
SPRINT str_add "%str_add%"^" -1"
END

READ_2DA_ENTRY 0 0 3 "test"
PATCH_IF( "%test%"=1 ) BEGIN
SET_2DA_ENTRY 0 0 3 "0 1"
END

PATCH_IF("%ccc%"<"%required_columns%") BEGIN
SET_2DA_ENTRY 0 ccc ccc "%str%"

FOR(j=1; j<="%rows_prev%"; j+=1) BEGIN
READ_2DA_ENTRY j ccc col_cnt "last"
SPRINT str "%last%"^"%str_add%"
SET_2DA_ENTRY j ccc col_cnt "%str%"
END
END
END
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~kkkkkk~ ~"%str_add%"~
REPLACE ~k96738~ ~Life Protection~
REPLACE ~k96740~ ~Chaotic Commander~
REPLACE ~k99780~ ~Summon Shadows~

// Now remove added "0" header:
READ_2DA_ENTRY 0 0 4 "test"
PATCH_IF( "%test%"=0 ) BEGIN
SET_2DA_ENTRY 0 0 4 ""
END

//////Fixes it; now it matches the in-game description
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

#58 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:40 AM

well, it seems that I finished ToB (or I can say so, at least)

found numerous mistakes when the enemy leader turns hostile, and the rest do not, or attack but still remains in blue circle. Few of them I remembered:
Saradush, Gromnir's soldiers in barracks
Kiser Jhaeri and his thugs
Succubuses in watcher's keep

Also:
Soldiers in Gromnir's castle are stupid enough, sometimes just stand and do nothing.

when I explored the basement of the Gromnir's castle (I was invisible), and I noticed his soldiers (fighters, mages), after slight delay one of the mages cast time stop, then finger of death and flesh to stone on nearest fighter, and desintegrate on himself.

in watcher's keep some quasits turns invisible all the time, appearing only for 0.2 sec or about. Even true sight does not help. CTRL-Yed them.

Yaga-Shura dropped 2 shields instead of 1.

Viekang's quest is also semi-broken, there is no option to tell him that you can use magic to scare him. (I had fixpack v1 installed, maybe it is the cause, as with Hectan?)

And the final battle, as I described at http://www.shsforums...showtopic=24371

#59 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:21 AM

I could tell Viekang that I will scare him, but the actual scaring is not via dialogue.

Had same issue with mages killing self and teammates. For me it was yagashura's lt mage.

And I also got fixpack 1.
--GhostNWN

#60 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:11 PM

Firkraag (Dragon Form) attacks the party when in sight, regardless whether you work for him or against him. This causes him to automatically turn hostile after he casts about 2-3 spells.
--GhostNWN