Photo

If game crashes, and you've got CtB installed...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

... Please report problem in this thread. Not that we'll be able to solve it, but we'll try! :P

CtB needs a lot of fixes and corrections, so we may as well collect them all in one place, so that The-Powers-That-Be will one day give us an updated version.

My contribution:
I was having a crash-to-desktop with Ctb-Chores, would occur just after Gorion's speech in Candlekeep.

I discovered that when a file - ar3501.bcs - was modified by either of two other mods, the file became incompatiable for some reason.

The mods are the [Summonning Cap Removal] component of Ding0's Tweak Pack, and Ding0's Experience Fixer.

I believe that the problem is due to the file itself, not by the mods' processing methods. Otherwise, there would have been many more reports of errors due to this processing. Consequently, there will probably be other files that will cause CtD's, after being processed by the two mods. We won't know until it can be narrowed down and confirmed.

So, we should stay aware of any CtD issue that occur in a MegaInstall using the two mods.

Fix/Workaround:
This only works before you install either of the tweak mods above.

We need a temporary file to mimic ar3501.bcs. Find a BCS file from somewhere, either from override folder or elsewhere. Doesn't matter which one you pick. Copy it to somewhere, then rename it to ar3501.bcs.

Before installing either of these mods, copy this mimic-file to your override. Run the mod(s). When processing is complete, delete the mimic-file from the override folder.

This works because the ar3501.bcs is stored within one of the CtB bifs, so we need a file to "stand-in" so as to avoid processing the original file that's in the bif.

What if you're already deep into a game? Well, we'll tackle that as it comes.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#2 --morgan--

--morgan--

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:23 AM

velvetfoot / sunset mountains CTD.

When the pirate in the gate district speak about velvetfoot, the world map is updated with the position of the sunset Mountains.

By reaching this sector (AR3520), there is a CTD. :crying:

In an small install, with only CtB1.8 (without BP) it's working. Perhaps it's caused by the biffing of a particular file.

does somebody know a solution to this problem?
thank you :hug:

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:22 AM

I'm only guessing but try this:

if you already have ar3520.tiS in your override folder, move it to somewhere else - don't delete it

from your top-level game folder, you should have a copy of tisunpack.exe. If not, search for it in your game subfolders, it's there somewhere.

Run this command fron a Dos command window from your game folder:
tisunpack.exe -s -o override\ar3520.tiS CtB\TIZ\ar3520.tiZ

Edited by Azazello, 27 February 2007 - 10:27 AM.

#4 --morgan--

--morgan--

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:16 PM

Thank for the quick answer

It didn't solve the problem.
While travelling to this sector with the worldmap, it crash ; but if I clua my team to this area, it works.

( I just try with TDD+RoT+CtB+BP+Worldmap6.4 and it works just fine : Maybe it is a problem with my megainstall :doh: )

Just for reference, here are the clua code for the main area of CtB

AR3610 //Hlondeth
AR3611 //Hlondeth
AR3613 //Hlondeth
AR3520 //Sunset Mountains
AR3534 //Snowflake Mountains
AR3540 //Academy of Kuldin
AR3570 //Secluded Meadow
AR3585 //Hunting Lodge
AR3587 //Druidic Circle
AR3588 //Rauthym Island
AR3597 //Neng Horse Ranch
AR3675 //Brimstone Bridge

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

Thanx, that is extremely helpful.

CLUA-jumping is perhaps the best simple way to get around problems like this.

A missing or biff'ed .tis file is often the common source of area-CtD problems. The cause of destination-via-worldmap-CtDs is still a mystery to me.

#6 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:23 AM

Going to my "luxury" cabin in the Snowflake Mountains I jump on a very short map with a couple of non agressive animals. Then I discovered my 30,000 GP cabin "fulfilled with feces and urins"... I knew from the beginning this was some swindle...
Then I try to wander further through the east side of this map in the direction mentionning "Hike to higher altitudes of the Snowflakes" and I got a CTD.
Does anybody know if there is some quest here and if it is possible to prevent this CTD using NI or with some Clua ? :blink:
Stupidity valued on stock exchange ? Good ! No more financial crisis ! God we should be surrounded by multibillionnaries !

#7 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:35 AM

Going to my "luxury" cabin in the Snowflake Mountains I jump on a very short map with a couple of non agressive animals. Then I discovered my 30,000 GP cabin "fulfilled with feces and urins"... I knew from the beginning this was some swindle...
Then I try to wander further through the east side of this map in the direction mentionning "Hike to higher altitudes of the Snowflakes" and I got a CTD.
Does anybody know if there is some quest here and if it is possible to prevent this CTD using NI or with some Clua ? :blink:

OOPs, I forgot. After this CTD my PC write : "An assertion failed in ChDataTypes.cpp at line number 1591"

Does it help ? :wacko:
Stupidity valued on stock exchange ? Good ! No more financial crisis ! God we should be surrounded by multibillionnaries !

#8 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:39 AM

That one's not your cabin! :D Your cabin is accessible by going through the east side of the map (the higher altitudes). The funny thing is I had CTD the first two times I tried to go through that side but the third time it worked alright. I let my party move as close to the edge of the area as possible before clicking the round arrow thing and somehow it was okay :huh: Maybe MoveToArea will do the trick. I don't think there are any quests there though, it's just a pretty cabin.

#9 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

I let my party move as close to the edge of the area as possible before clicking the round arrow thing and somehow it was okay

Thanks Nix. I do exactly as you wrote and manage to access to MY CABIN. Great ! There is her nothing to do except breathing pure air and hearing the silence of cold wilderness but It's a pleasure to see an other bug bitting the dust til the next one... :cheers:

#10 -Stew-

-Stew-

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

My game is crashing when I complete the chores and move into the flashback sequence. I get to the Sarevok scene, and the game crashes as soon as the fight begins. I don't get an error message, it just stops. I'm new to CtB so maybe my install order is what is getting me. Here is my Weidu log:
Thanks in advance

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.12
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.9
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.1
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v7.0
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #1 // ANIMATIONS. Please don't install this component if you have already installed OR are going to install the NEVER ENDING JOURNEY 2.
~SETUP-TS.TP2~ #0 #3 // AREAS & SOUNDS. This component is required to play the mod.
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades
~SETUP-GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Expanded Thief Stronghold
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PSM -> PlanarSphereMod v2.6b: v2.6b
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Planar Sphere Return v2: v2.6b
~SETUP-FAIRYDRAGON.TP2~ #0 #0 // Authentic mischiefous Fairy Dragon
~SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fade: An NPC for Baldur's Gate II
~IYLOS/IYLOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Iylos NPC for BGII:ToB
~IYLOS/IYLOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install extended content including Player Initiated Dialogues and Friendship?
~IYLOS/IYLOS.TP2~ #0 #4 // How much time would you like in between Iylos' PC dialogues? -> 30 Minutes
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Wild Mage
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // Select Kivan's Portrait -> Do Not Install Alternative Portrait for Kivan.
~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod
~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA
~SETUP-NEHT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Neh'taniel for BG2:SOA
~SETUP-RUPERT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Rupert the Dye Merchant (for BG2 or TuTu/BGT)
~SETUP-VALEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valen
~SETUP-GHREYSLIME.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ghreyfain's entry - Iron Modder #2: Some of my best friends are slimes!
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #60 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy Harm spells reduce target to 1 hit point; player Harm spells do 150 hp of damage
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #105 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #110 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #182 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 80,000 gold pieces
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #190 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #201 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #220 // Smarter general AI
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #230 // Better calls for help
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #235 // Potions for NPCs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #238 // Improved Spiders
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #241 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #251 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #261 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #270 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #280 // Smarter beholders -> Upgrade the beholders' AI but don't include a Hive upgrade
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #289 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #300 // Smarter githyanki
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #310 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #321 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #331 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #340 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priestss get HLAs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #370 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priestss get HLAs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #380 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #383 // Improved Fire Giant temple
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #385 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #386 // Improved Abazigal's Lair
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #387 // Improved Shade Lord
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #400 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #410 // Improved minor encounters [almost no content yet]
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #415 // Give SCS II style AI to Ascension enemies
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #420 // Ease-of-use party AI
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #440 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack
~IIITEMMOD/SETUP-IIITEMMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Items [version 5]
~SETUP-SPELL50.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Spell-50 Mod: (Extended spell power up to level 50)
~SETUP-SPELL50.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Spell-50 Mod: Few constant level spells advance over 20th level
~IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS/SETUP-IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS.TP2~ #0 #2001 // Refresh Mage spells -> Refresh on successful casting only
~IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS/SETUP-IISPELLSYSTEMADJUSTMENTS.TP2~ #0 #2003 // Refresh Priest spells -> Refresh on successful casting only
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Geomantic Sorcerer Kit
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Check The Bodies"
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.6.1 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Travel Times and Area Visibility -> Original Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 & SoA/TOB+BP Family Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #4 // Worldmap size: Choose the size of the worldmap -> Large Worldmap 4900x3500
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #7 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal

#11 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

... Please report problem in this thread. Not that we'll be able to solve it, but we'll try! :P

CtB needs a lot of fixes and corrections, so we may as well collect them all in one place, so that The-Powers-That-Be will one day give us an updated version.

My contribution:
I was having a crash-to-desktop with Ctb-Chores, would occur just after Gorion's speech in Candlekeep.

I discovered that when a file - ar3501.bcs - was modified by either of two other mods, the file became incompatiable for some reason.

The mods are the [Summonning Cap Removal] component of Ding0's Tweak Pack, and Ding0's Experience Fixer.

I believe that the problem is due to the file itself, not by the mods' processing methods. Otherwise, there would have been many more reports of errors due to this processing. Consequently, there will probably be other files that will cause CtD's, after being processed by the two mods. We won't know until it can be narrowed down and confirmed.

So, we should stay aware of any CtD issue that occur in a MegaInstall using the two mods.

Fix/Workaround:
This only works before you install either of the tweak mods above.

We need a temporary file to mimic ar3501.bcs. Find a BCS file from somewhere, either from override folder or elsewhere. Doesn't matter which one you pick. Copy it to somewhere, then rename it to ar3501.bcs.

Before installing either of these mods, copy this mimic-file to your override. Run the mod(s). When processing is complete, delete the mimic-file from the override folder.

This works because the ar3501.bcs is stored within one of the CtB bifs, so we need a file to "stand-in" so as to avoid processing the original file that's in the bif.

What if you're already deep into a game? Well, we'll tackle that as it comes.

I was just checking the transition to BG2. It worked fine up to the point you mentioned then ctd. I didn't know about this till now, so the install with the mimic won't work for me. Is there another option to fix this?

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

So you go to Candlekeep and it crashes where? AR3501 is the courtyard and everything with the cows? This crash is kind of unfamiliar as I never had it, but if it is a BCS error then we will try and rebuild your BCS for that area to serve in the override to cancel the biffed one.

Maximus2001- also if we manage to fix it try and do a named save before that auto-save point as the area will be stored in the auto. It may require going through the transition again but it will help a lot in the long run.

EDIT: Holy crap biscuits, this may be tough as 3501 is the initial area. Uh, can you post your BCS copied to notepad so it is text. It makes it easier for me so I can look at it side by side with a compiled BCS and I will try and get something cooking for you.

Edited by Hoppy, 23 April 2008 - 07:46 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#13 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Hop. It crashed right after Gorion gives a speech and you get control of your PC inside candlekeep. I'll check the BCS (or is it bs ;) ) now.

I discovered it a little early - thought Duke Belt would give you an option to stay in BG1 longer. Still haven't done NSOTSC, or Durlag's tower, etc.

Attached File  AR3501.txt   10.99K   232 downloads

Edited by maximus2001, 23 April 2008 - 08:08 PM.

#14 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

OK i started a BG2 game just to be on the same turf. It crashed once so it may be random and I don't have Sim's XP fixer.

Extra quests and stuff aren't necessary but can you get the autosave after Gorion speaks? If not, try this trick because I could load from the autosave even when it crashed and it was fine.

Try to pause right after he finishes dialog and try to save. If the game goes into auto save, too quick, try and load from the save.

meanwhile I will compare your BCS with mine.

OK, homeboy Gorion'd dialog has this as the last dialog action when you two first speak.
SetGlobal("CbPlayerOneDoesCandleKeepChores","GLOBAL",-3)
SetGlobal("CbGorionDayOne","LOCALS",1)
SaveGame(0)

File is CBGORCLD.DLG if you want to check yours.

Edited by Hoppy, 23 April 2008 - 08:47 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#15 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

OK i started a BG2 game just to be on the same turf. It crashed once so it may be random and I don't have Sim's XP fixer.

Extra quests and stuff aren't necessary but can you get the autosave after Gorion speaks? If not, try this trick because I could load from the autosave even when it crashed and it was fine.

Try to pause right after he finishes dialog and try to save. If the game goes into auto save, too quick, try and load from the save.

meanwhile I will compare your BCS with mine.

OK, homeboy Gorion'd dialog has this as the last dialog action when you two first speak.
SetGlobal("CbPlayerOneDoesCandleKeepChores","GLOBAL",-3)
SetGlobal("CbGorionDayOne","LOCALS",1)
SaveGame(0)

File is CBGORCLD.DLG if you want to check yours.

Is that a Typo, or is that GLOBAL actually supposed to be -3? Does it still crash if you change it to 3?

It takes a village...

#16 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

Nope it is a negative. I copy/paste'd right from NI. I was going to look at IESDP about negative globals.

Also there are about 15 actions and triggers relating to that global in Gorion's dialog alone. It will be risky to change one and have other events take place correctly

- King Diamond

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

@maximus2001. Did any thing work yet? Let us know in case there is something else to check. Game on??? :unsure:

- King Diamond

#18 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Hoppy. I did have an autosave of standing there in candlekeep, but it was overidden when I was playing without renaming it - oops. Will have to go back to an earlier save and play on till that transfer point. Might take a little while. Game soon on, hopefully. ;)

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Just to see, can you start a BG2 game and make sure when that BG2 game autu-saves, it won't overwrite the one you are working with from BG1. Make a solid save from your BG1 part, perhaps.

- King Diamond

#20 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

Finally got back to that area. This time it saved and loaded normally after talking to Gorion. I've got the Ctd from the cows though, will post in that topic.