Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

These are all very nice. Keep 'em coming. :coolthumb:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#62 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:16 AM

Made this one because I wanted a new avatar here in SHS. Painted over a photo of myself.

This is some strange size, but never mind that. I haven't really intended this for anything else but my avatar. :D

lina_avatarl.jpg

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#63 Maekir

Maekir

Swedish Pirate...YAR!!!!

• 38 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

Very nice! Lol it looks really good :cheers:
Posted Image

"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke

"My Country is the world and my religion is to do good."-Thomas Paine"

#64 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

That's really, really cute. I love the eyes and jewelry.

#65 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:27 AM

Wow, Ilmatar, it looks AMAZING! I love the gradual colours in your bangs (and the highlight), and the expression, and.. well, everything! I wish I could draw like this, but I'm limited to stick figures at best.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#66 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:30 AM

Thank you, everybody! You're all very kind. :blush:

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#67 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

Totally adorable!

#68 qwest

qwest
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Geesh, what do you use to make such amazing pics...i so want to do that kinda work for myself. /sigh and humble respect
A Realist lives someone else's ideal
An Idealist lives their own.
An Ideal Realist distinguishes what can be changed and what cannot with Humility

#69 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:49 AM

Geesh, what do you use to make such amazing pics...i so want to do that kinda work for myself. /sigh and humble respect

In order of importance....

1. Practise.
2. Patience.
3. Practise.
4. Practise.
5. Adobe Photoshop 7
6. Wacom drawing tablet

:D? And thank you kindly!

#70 qwest

qwest
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

:D thank ye.../laugh at self - I so suck at photo shop but will take your advice and continue to improve /wink

Edited by qwest, 02 January 2008 - 09:58 AM.

A Realist lives someone else's ideal
An Idealist lives their own.
An Ideal Realist distinguishes what can be changed and what cannot with Humility

#71 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:43 PM

Natalie Portman was kind enough to lend her pretty face for a painting of a character of mine. Here's the photo on the left for comparison. I don't like how the hair came out but whatever.

annieportrait_comparison.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 02 January 2008 - 02:45 PM.

#72 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

:Tasty:

Uhh, I mean :coolthumb:

Your previous one is also nice, I like the coloring.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#73 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

Awesome! Looks it didn't take much to make her look reasonably like your original character :) .
(I like parentheses.)

#74 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

Yeah, Natalie's short hairstyle and her facial features are almost exactly like my mental image of my character. :)

#75 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:11 AM

*squeals at Annie because she is out of squeals for the Ilmatar-portrait*

Nearly thought this was a photomanip at first, but - those *eyes*. The gorgeous painted light of those eyes, and her lips and skin and yes please! Did you use the same technique for both portraits? Also, is it just me, or is Annie smiling a bit more in that deliciously devious way of hers? I reeeeeally like the shading on the skin and all those curves and wow.

#76 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:58 AM

Also, is it just me, or is Annie smiling a bit more in that deliciously devious way of hers?

Hahaha, you're such a fangirl. But yes, I had to change Natalie's lips a bit - somehow her lower lip especially is very wide, and that just doesn't sit right with me. :D I made this portrait the same way as I did my avatar - I painted it *on* the photo. Mostly to get the shape and some of the colors from the photo. Someone else might have made just a photo edit, but I like the painted look, and I don't think painted/drawn things look good mixed with snippets from a photo, so I painted the whole thing all over again instead of settling with a photomanip.

#77 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

And Jason Isaacs modeled for this one. ;) Reference photo.

fentorportrait.jpg

#78 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

:o Best one in the thread, yet, I says!
(I like parentheses.)

#79 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Ooooh nice! These are all great! And your new avatar is adorable. :)

#80 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

:D Love the new one too, you gorgeous machine. The texture makes me think a lot of an oil painting, and I really like the use of light here... <3