File Name: Item Pack v1.8
File Submitter: Daulmakan
File Submitted: 13 Aug 2009
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods
Item Pack v1.8 adds several new items to Baldur's Gate II/Tutu/BGT, as well as a few item related tweaks.
Here's the mod's overview:
1. Item Pack v1.8 (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
This is the mod's main component. It will add 45 brand new items to the game, mostly taken from the Icewind Dale series & Planescape: Torment, though modified in several cases. The items themselves are dispersed throughout the game: some of them can be bought in stores, others will be in possession of enemies or other NPCs. In two particular instances, two of the new items will replace vanilla ones as quest rewards (don't worry, you can still get those somewhere else). Cespenar will forge a new item for you as well.
There are two spoiler files included with the mod with the abilities for each item and their exact location if you're curious, though I recommend not using them.
2. Extra Items
Adds a pair of Boots of Speed and a Potion Case to Ribald, a Bag of Holding to one of the containers near the Jailkeep Golem in Chateau Irenicus, the Cloak of Balduran to one of the chests in Irenicus' room, and an extra chunk of Illithium to Neb so you can upgrade the Mace of Disruption and complete Sir Sarles' quest at the same time.
3. Tweaked Items
This component will tweak several items so that:
- The Greenstone is changed to provide its immunity effects simply by being equipped.
- The same goes for the Shield Amulet.
- The Darksteel Shield's resistance to poison is changed to resistance to electricity.
- The Scarlet Ninja-to will now be equippable by fighter classes (except Beastmaster) and thieves.
- The Studded Leather of Thorns +6 will now inflict 3D4 points of Fire damage (instead of just 1D4) and provide a small measure of Fire resistance (+25%).
- The Short Sword of Mask has double chance (30%) of triggering both of its special abilities.
- The Ring of Protection - Warder's Signet is now of +5 enchantment, which is the P&P maximum
- The Staff of Arundel now provides +2 AC bonus, 30% resistance to Fire/Cold (instead of just 10%), and bonus spells are replaced with a once/day cast of Iron Skins
- The Mercykiller Ring will now add a +1 bonus to Backstab multiplier in addition to its vanilla abilities and also gets a new BAM
- The Rod of Smiting is usable by all classes
- The Club of Detonation +5 will now trigger a party friendly Fireball upon 15% of all successful hits. Unfinished Business' expanded item description for it is included
- The Harbinger sword will trigger a friendly Fireball as well
- The Girdle of Fortitude is changed to set Constitution to 18 by being equipped instead of once/day
- The Cloak of the Stars will convey a +1 THAC0 bonus while equipped, as well as SET mastery in Darts
- Malla’s Soul Stone’s cast of Neutralize Poison is replaced by plain immunity to Poison and Disease, as well as providing +1 Strength and +1 AC in addition to its other stat bonuses
- Jerrod’s Mace will now provide immunity to Poison and Bleeding effects while equipped
In all cases the item descriptions are updated to reflect the changes.
If installed on Tutu, the Greenstone and the Shield Amulet will be affected in the BG1 portion of the game too.
4. Convenient Free Action Items
This will change the Flail of Ages, Ixil's Spike, and the Ring of Free Action so that they no longer prevent the wielder from being hasted (they will still provide protection against hold, slow, and other similar effects).
If installed on Tutu, the Ring of Free Action will be affected in the BG1 portion of the game too.
5. More Distinguishable Items
This component will change the inventory BAMs for the Ring of Regeneration, the Girdle of Fortitude, the Saving Grace shield, the Defender of Easthaven flail, the Robe of Vecna, Dak'kon's Katana, the Sensate Amulet, Vhailor's Helm, the Skull of the Lich, the Mercykiller Ring, the Plate of Balduran, Edwin’s Amulet, the Scarlet Ninja-To, Everard’s Morning Star, Jerrod’s Mace, Mauler’s Arm, The Sleeper, Malla’s Soul Stone, and Wong Fei’s Ioun Stone.
Previously, all of them shared BAMs with other existing items. They should all stand out now.
A new Werewolf paperdoll for the Shapeshifter class is included as well.
6. Familiar Faces (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
This will make Joluv and Deirdre appear in Amkethran's Inn, in case you forgot to buy something or didn't have enough funds while in SoA.
7. More Work for Cromwell
This component will allow Cromwell to forge more items for you, as follows:
Ring of Protection +2
Cloak of Protection +2
Mace of Disruption +2
Jhor the Bleeder +4
Adjatha the Drinker +4
Periapt of Proof Against Poison
Mauler's Arm +4
Reflection Shield +3
Dak'kon's Katana +4
Cromwell will tell you ingame what's needed, or you can check the ReadMe for the components needed for each item.
8. Pocket Store (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
This component will enable a new vendor in the pocket plane, mainly for dumping stuff purposes, though he has 2 new items for sale as well. In order for him to appear, you need to have rescued (killed) Dola Fadoon, the genie being tortured near the entrance of Ust Natha. If you talk to him after the destruction of Saradush, he will help you a bit with your upgrade components (you can get another copy of either the Heart of the Damned, the Bowstring of Gond, or the Eye of Tyr, just once).
9. Item Pack for Tutu/BGT (Tutu/BGT only)
Adds a small amount of the main component's items to the BG1 part of the game (13 of them to be exact). Furthermore, a Bag of Holding is added to Winthrop's shop, as well as new BAMs for Perdue’s Sword, Edwin’s Amulet, History of the Sisters of Light and Darkness, and the Vial of Mysterious Liquid. There’s also a new item exclusive to the BG1 part of the game: Ulcaster Academy Ring.
As with the main component, there's a spoiler file with their exact locations inside the mod's directory.
10. +X% Elemental Damage (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
Making use of Ascension64's ToBEx magic, this component will add 5 new items with the +X% Elemental Damage ability. There's one item for each "element" (acid, cold, fire, electricity, and magic), and each of them will increase their respective element's damage by 20%. This component is based on (and requires) ToBEx Beta0021_test_110709 or greater, and so every warning that applies to it applies to this component as well.
There's a spoiler file with the items' locations inside the mod's directory as well.
Click here to download this file
Edited by Daulmakan, 12 August 2013 - 08:24 PM.