BTL - ToB Plan & Progress

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

I've started work on the ToB portion so its trundling along now, just to let people know.
The expected content for ToB will be arranged in such a way that it should not be exclusive to those who have completed the BTL Romance. However I do not think I will make Kova and Kiyone summonable by the Spirit.

Throne of Bhaal Content (in order of planned work)

- Interjections - (Watcher's Keep already done in SoA release, now at Saradush )

- Banters with Each Other
==> Family Background (yes almost no mention at all in SoA, lol)
==> Post-Get-Together Blues

- Banters with Bioware NPCs
==> Kova - Sarevok(2), Korgan(2), Imoen(2), Jan(2), Haer'Dalis(2), Anomen (non-Kni)(2), Viconia(3), Edwin(2), Valygar(3), Anomen(Kni)(3), Mazzy(1), Nalia(1)
==> Kiyone - Anomen(non-Kni)(2), Viconia(1), Jan(2), Haer'Dalis(2), Cernd(2), Mazzy(3-4), Jaheira(3-4), Aerie(3), Sarevok(1), Imoen(2), Nalia(1)

Optional ToB Content (not sure if I will have the time to do these parts)

- Kharen & Seida
==> Basically our key NPCs from BTL Quest return for a conclusion of the whole thing. Expect Stiff fights.

- Helping the Sentinels
==> A visit to Kiyone's roots, War-Quest and Celebration. Expect Modified Areas and Challenging / Innovative Quests and Competitions

Hope to hear your feedback on these areas :) One of the reasons I've been holding back working on BTL ToB is that I'm not sure if it's worth it as not sure who will actually go and play the game.

Edited by Zyraen, 05 March 2007 - 10:26 PM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#2 -Rick-

-Rick-

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

hey! i'm pretty new to all this mod stuff, but BTL is one of the best i've played and i eagerly await the TOB section. the plans sound good, it'll be great to learn about Kova and Kiyone's family, and i really love the idea of helping out the sentinels.

keep up the great work!

Rick

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

Given the amount of feedback on BTL SoA, I'll probably will put BTL ToB on an indefinite hold.

If at a later date, BTL should prove popular with the people who have not tried it so far simply because they are waiting for the ToB release, then the ToB portion will be completed. So far in ToB the banters between Kova and Kiyone are done already as well as the Epilogues.

But if I'm going to put in effort to code in the quests and interjections, creating new areas, new characters and subplots, I guess I would want to make sure there's actually people playing to make it worth my time.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#4 -Demivrgvs-

-Demivrgvs-

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:49 PM

I never played it because i was waiting for the TOB portion (for the same reason i've never played Chloe) but it's one of the mod from which i expect the most...

Do you think i should play the SOA portion without waiting anymore?

#5 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:19 AM

Just go ahead with the SoA first.

I guess this would apply to everyone.

#6 Peremptor

Peremptor
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

Registered just to let you know this NPC mod is definately above average compared to others I played. It's a bit annoying how Kiyone answers some of the quest dialogue for you as if she was the party leader though but it seems consistent with her zest for justice and the law. The Copper Coronet slaver ring quest comes to mind. Good job overall and if the TOB portion of the mod ever happens that would be swell as well.

#7 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

Heavenīs sake, next time I will have to hurry more with the feedback! I have just arrived in spellhold (meaning I am about to see the accelerator in action), and I was waiting with the feedback until after I have finished SoA, but I will try to write something about them tonight ;) Just a note before I do- this mod is cool. I have tried several NPC mods before and this one so far tops them all as regards seamless integration into the game. The only thing I am missing is a little more voicing, but that is explained in the readme and might be changed, no?
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#8 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

Why not post to the personality comment threads instead of in here?

#9 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

I'm a lot more likely to play a mod with TOB content than one without. I'm one of those who forms the party early & keeps it all the way through.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#10 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

Kova and Kiyone have interjections through Watcher's Keep and also an Epilogue. if you have them after finishing SoA you can easily play with them to the end of ToB. They are just noticeably more quiet.

#11 Ymarsakar

Ymarsakar
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:22 PM

Given the amount of feedback on BTL SoA, I'll probably will put BTL ToB on an indefinite hold.

If at a later date, BTL should prove popular with the people who have not tried it so far simply because they are waiting for the ToB release, then the ToB portion will be completed. So far in ToB the banters between Kova and Kiyone are done already as well as the Epilogues.

But if I'm going to put in effort to code in the quests and interjections, creating new areas, new characters and subplots, I guess I would want to make sure there's actually people playing to make it worth my time.

Did you try any advertisement on the bioware forums for the mod or ask for feedback there? I ask because there will be others that play this mod that wouldn't necessarily post a comment here, and there may be other people that have if you post a question asking for feedback on the biowar forums.

#12 Kitanna

Kitanna
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

I absolutely love you mod :) Sadly, I didnt get the wedding since after playing BG so long, I tend to play it to quickly :( So, I am trying it again a lil more slowly this time :wub: But, it is great. I for one hope you change your mind and complete the TOB portion. I want to see how it ends! :(
Neh'taniel NPC Mod

Calin NPC Mod - In progress

Navarra NPC Mod - In progress

#13 -Liriodendron-

-Liriodendron-

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:04 AM

I, too, would love to see TOB content...and I can't even get the plot of SOA straightened out properly for these two, I just like them that much!! They add color and depth to the overall story that it really needed. I keep trying to saw away at this case of theirs but I'm a terrible mystery solver; I just love the interactive feeling from it. Ehh...speaking of the mystery...any chance of a walk-through for those of us less-than-bright bulbs out here?

#14 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:17 AM

Sure, just email me at the email in the readme.txt. :) Take care and all the best!

#15 Alyth

Alyth
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

Well, it's about time you thought about a TOB portion to this mod. I've been waiting ever since you first started on this mod. :D

#16 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

Well, it's about time you thought about a TOB portion to this mod. I've been waiting ever since you first started on this mod. :D

Yep.

You have one week, I expect to see it fully coded/written/released in seven days.

K, thx.

Edit - I also expect it to be 100% bug-free.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 22 December 2007 - 04:38 PM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#17 Caffiend

Caffiend
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hello! In case the response hasn't been overwhelming enough I'd be thrilled to see some ToB content. I started mucking around with BtL a few weeks ago when I dusted off my install and decided to put it through it's paces again. I'm dragging my derriere through Chapter 3 currently (actually passed through Spellhold with Kova and Kiyone once, but managed to mess up another NPC, so restarted) and am largely enjoying it. Granted, Kiyone gets on my nerves sometimes, but I chalk that up at least in part to the fact that the past 3 years I've been playing on a Planescape NWN server and she reminds me of an idealistic Mercykiller.

...So yes. ToB content would be much appreciated, since eventually I mean to get there.

#18 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

I am very close to solving the Mystery of why I can't run ToB in Windows Vista :) So yes, once that is resolved, definitely I'll work on BTL ToB

There are BTL Banters already done for ToB, just that they are not tested yet.

Edited by Zyraen, 21 January 2008 - 01:13 AM.

#19 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

Ok ToB works now ;) hee.

#20 -Qwinn-

-Qwinn-

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

Ok ToB works now ;) hee.

Wewt!

I'll hold off on my next playthrough then :) Been looking forward to a good mod that has ToB content for a while now, and from everything I hear this mod has everything I want in one :) Great work.

Qwinn