Photo

Where are you at?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

If you're looking for a good Prestige Class then something which keeps increasing your spellcasting is best.

That's what I was looking for, but...

Eldritch Knight isn't a bad choice. The requirements in the manual are wrong, you actually only need Martial Weapon Proficiency and 3rd level spells. You can take the proficiency as a feat, and a sorceror who doesn't cast 3rd level spells has other problems :). You lose one level of spellcasting (1st EK) but you get better hit points, a higher BAB and a good Fortitude save. It still isn't a good idea to go into melee as you can't match a fighter for hit points and especially armour, but it can be effective as I found with my character.

This sounds like a good choice. Hit points are so low with this character of mine, that I currently seem to spend most of my time concentrating on buff spells and scrolls just to survive -- and, I haven't even gotten to some of the real heavy hitters in-game. I'm being snuffed on a regular basis, it seems, so, I suppose that'll teach me to pay better attention to the race-leveling adjustments. *groan* (I neglected to mention earlier that my pc was an Aasimar Sorcerer.. :( )

There's also Dragon Disciple, which isn't a spellcasting class at all, but which it's easy for a sorceror to get. It's a great class for survivability with high hit points, good saves, and all sorts of helpful bonuses. Without spellcasting though it's much more useful for someone who dips into Sorceror or Bard to meet the prerequisites but who's mostly some sort of warrior type.

Will this prestige class work better for my character than the EK?

This gives me an idea for a thread, ideas to improve a PC. Ways to beef-up your barbarian, make your sorceror supreme, get the trickiest thief. I might write something for it.

Well.. What are you waiting for? :P

#22 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:50 AM

And of course, the rogue.

But cool. At least now I know should I decide to make it with my wizard. I doubt it though. He's more of an evil, possibly Pale Masterish, sort. Not roguey. Now those are threads e don't have yet. A Favorite Class and fave prestige class. And I'm cluttering this thread.

So I think I'll be quiet now. Until I make those other threads
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#23 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

Where am I at? 3/4 of the game with my 1st game but I gave up on that character. I don't like the build. So I ended up starting over.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#24 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:08 PM

Heheh, singing to the choir. I'm considering restarting because I gave my bard the wrong deity...

:rolleyes:
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#25 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:31 PM

Heheh, singing to the choir. I'm considering restarting because I gave my bard the wrong deity...

...that's a bit extreme, isn't it? ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#26 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

Well, I finished NWN2 for the first time last week with a Drow Bard 18/Shadow Thief 2... I just love playing dialogue-skill heavy, combat-weak characters - the Trial was a real blast! On the whole it was great fun, if rather linear for my tastes, and the "waves of undead" monotony of the last Act or so did begin to grate after a while. I also wasn't too enamored with the ending - or the news that in the expansion you won't get to travel with any of the original OC companions (I was rather attached to Neeshka, Khelgar and Elanee - and I will even miss Qara!).

I am now thinking of trying it again... with a paladin this time, of course! :D

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#27 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:39 AM

I am now thinking of trying it again... with a paladin this time, of course! :D

Heh, of course! What else could you play? ;)

I'm really thinking of getting back to NWN II myself. Am thinking about how to form my character, and Bluenose's guide will certainly help a lot there!

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#28 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:44 AM

...that's a bit extreme, isn't it? ;)

Well every time I open up my character sheet there it is glaring up at me. The wrong one!

Also thinking of changing some other things too, so really not just deity.

#29 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:54 AM

My character, Minuwiel, the Arcaine Archer, emerged from Ember Trial in Chapter 2, and is just doing the side quests, ie Bryce Crypt and I am kind of wondering if she should do Collector's Mansion as well. I am not decided on the last one, because I haven't found anyone who'd direct her to go there, she just needs to break the doors in, and it's not her style. So, I might just skip it and she'll report to Nasher the findings in the Crypt and continue the main line, which will be following up on the info she got in that old mage house....

My party is: Casavir, Bishop, Grobnar, Sand and Shandra, the Fair Broom, whom I wish I could be rid off. I'm thinking to swap Sand for Qara again... but not sure yet. I'm probably going to replace Bishop with Elainee at some point.

#30 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

:rolleyes:

My build sucked because I didn't put points, etc where I should have. Plus I didn't do some of the mini quests. I don't want to miss anything on a first run.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#31 lemonio

lemonio
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

upgrading my keep.
Twenty-two astronauts were born in Ohio. What is it about your state that makes people want to flee the earth?
-Stephen Colbert

#32 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:35 AM

It's still my first time through and as I've been playing other games have just got back into it. I'm trying to get into the Blacklake District. Just stopped the weapons shipment and am heading to the Warehouse.
I love the music in this game so progression is slower than usual at times, plus I have to re-learn all the controls and what things are for :)

#33 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

More than three-quarters the way through my third run-through.. Built up the Keep (have in excess of 350,000 Greycloaks, all at the highest levels, and because I never upgraded the patch beyond 1.03.. :P) About ready to go watch poor Callum battle the Reaver down by the river. *sniff* I like that little guy.. He was a help at the Trial.

#34 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:45 AM

What is this Keep I read about often? Or perhaps I shouldn't know as I'm not that far into the game ;)

#35 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:53 AM

What is this Keep I read about often? Or perhaps I shouldn't know as I'm not that far into the game ;)

It's not really a spoiler.. :) You'll receive your own Keep about half-way (?) through the game. Nasher gives it to you, but it's a real mess and you'll have to do a lot of work on it. It's fun, though.

#36 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

I've now got about 3-4 getting ready to enter the swamp runes for that first shard, and Siril(the bard) still sitting in NW after getting the second from Duncan.

Yeah, I'm lazy/not playing excessively often.

#37 -Domi_Ash-

-Domi_Ash-

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

Well, I started Tavorek's Estate just now, and so far it seems like a pretty interesting quest, though I generally suck at keeping 3rd partry characters alive. I suppose I need some spells like resiliance sphere or something, but huh, haven't gotten any.

#38 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:56 AM

I have moved a bit further along. Been to the warehouse, and am still trying to wrangle my way into the Blacklake District. After making some bad choices (I allowed Neeshka to steal some stuff and Khelgar wasn't happy :unsure:) I now realise I'm supposed to be playing a Lawful Good Paladin. Not a recommended class for someone who often likes to clean out all the cities in Cyrodiil (Oblivion). I forgot I was supposed to be good in this game :lol:

B)

Edited by MystykStar, 11 May 2007 - 02:58 AM.

#39 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

It's not really a spoiler.. :) You'll receive your own Keep about half-way (?) through the game. Nasher gives it to you, but it's a real mess and you'll have to do a lot of work on it. It's fun, though.

My feeling on this was I hope he doesn't expect me to pay rent on this place.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#40 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:33 AM

:lol:

Well, I've sorted out how I'm gonna do this, and I will have a wizard and a sorcerer starting soon. I need my magic class.

And yeah, back at the beginning. :rolleyes: