Photo

problem with world map

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OddlyQuantum

OddlyQuantum
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

Unfortunately I have just had a similar problem, and rather than start I new thread I'd continue here. Apologies if this is my first faux pas :)

I've recently installed a group of mods into BG2 and the game allowed me to move around the map in the first game I started, but when I restarted after using Shadowkeeper to change Imoen into a Jester I couldn't move from the Candlekeep area. I've tried a new second game without editing characters and the same thing happens; clicking on the edge of the screen does not allow movement to a new area this time from the initial starting area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure it's something obvious to more experienced eyes then mine.

My Weidu.log is included with this message.

Attached Files

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:46 AM

I would suggest to use the BWS to standardize that install (but you might want to wait until the version 8 comes out)... cause I see many bad or worse things in your WeiDU.log's order, like the TS_BP after the BGT, BGT Tweaks before most of all mods, the A6XP patch just before the end and BG2 Tweaks etc.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:21 AM

I would suggest to use the BWS to standardize that install (but you might want to wait until the version 8 comes out)... cause I see many bad or worse things in your WeiDU.log's order, like the TS_BP after the BGT, BGT Tweaks before most of all mods, the A6XP patch just before the end and BG2 Tweaks etc.

There's nothing wrong with TS-BP being installed after BGT...

It takes a village...

#24 Icanus

Icanus
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:54 AM

hi there,
well, i have the same problem with worldmap 7.1: no locations i can go to when trying to leave the candlekeep-road-map.

remember having the problem before, but i forgot how i fixed it. would installing an older version of worldmap help? (where can i get one?)
what is bws?

here is my weidu-log.

thanks for your help

greetings
simon

p.s. actually the log is wrong, i installed bg2tweaks just before worldmap...but don't think that is the root of the problem anyway.

Attached Files

Edited by Icanus, 02 August 2009 - 06:58 AM.

#25 rpgcyco

rpgcyco
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

I'm having a similar problem as well. I cannot leave the ambush area (Lion's Way). When I go to the edge, the "Crossroads" area does not appear on the worldmap.

My install log is attached.

Attached Files

#26 Elve

Elve
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

Try leaving the opposite direction?
I have a similar problem: all exits are mirrored or rotated, i.e. To reach the map to the right i have to leave to the left, etc...

#27 rpgcyco

rpgcyco
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

I have a similar problem: all exits are mirrored or rotated, i.e. To reach the map to the right i have to leave to the left, etc...

I tried some of that. If I exit from the bottom of Lion's Way, I can travel to High Hedge, though I arrive at the bottom of the area, not the top as would seem logical. If I then exit north out of High Hedge I can get to Crossroads and then on to the Friendly Arm Inn.

#28 rpgcyco

rpgcyco
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

I tried some of that. If I exit from the bottom of Lion's Way, I can travel to High Hedge, though I arrive at the bottom of the area, not the top as would seem logical. If I then exit north out of High Hedge I can get to Crossroads and then on to the Friendly Arm Inn.

For anybody who's interested. I had a backup of my install from just after installing the BG2 tweaks, so I was easily able to test multiple solutions. I found that installing the Huge worldmap instead of the Large worldmap resulted in all the areas appearing as normal. Other than that change, my install order is indentical to the one I attached earlier.

Edited by rpgcyco, 08 August 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#29 Amidamaru88

Amidamaru88
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

I also have a problem with the worldmap
I whent and did Nalia's quest and now I can only enter the city gates, the rest of the areas are greyed out ,and trademeet has become unaccesible,I whent there but then left to do the Nalia's quest.
Any ideas as to what is the problem?

#30 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

I also have a problem with the worldmap
I whent and did Nalia's quest and now I can only enter the city gates, the rest of the areas are greyed out ,and trademeet has become unaccesible,I whent there but then left to do the Nalia's quest.
Any ideas as to what is the problem?

No, but did you exit from both exits of the Gate, as it should give you access to the outside(right upper corner) and inside(left corner) of the city...

#31 Amidamaru88

Amidamaru88
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Yes I did,it also appears that Tardemeet,Umar Hills.Windspear Hills,Arlax and 2 other areas from mods dissapeared from the map.
Could the fact that I have multiple strongholds component installed be the cause?

#32 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

AA-I would say that if you didn't install any mods after you started the game, there was just a clich in a quest related stuff... What did you exactly do just before the maps diapered, in what chapter you are on ... and any further knowledge would be able to perhaps answer the question.

#33 Amidamaru88

Amidamaru88
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

I was doing Nalia's quest,and I was in chapter 2.After I tryed and failed to reach Arlax I started to just travel around I whent to Trademmet to unlok it,the to Windspear Hills to hopefully unlock Umar Hills and to others.
I also started a test character in TOB after my last save dureing SOA to see how the map in TOB looks.