Favorite Quote

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 -Winter-

-Winter-

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:01 AM

Eh, I'd better register if I hang around here much longer...

Anyhow, what's your favorite or most memorable quote from the Baldur's Gate series?

My vote goes for "You must gather your party before venturing forth."

#2 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:56 AM

Hey that is my favorite BG quote.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

Kagain - "altruistic moron,,,,,"

It takes a village...

#4 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:09 PM

There are far too many. However a recent one that I really like

Keldorn: Do not be such an ass, Cernd.

Cernd: Err... are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#5 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

"Life... is strength. This is not to be contested, it seems logical enough: you live, you affect your world."

Irenicus is hands-down my favorite villian I've ever encountered.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#6 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

When I grow old and senile the one thing I will remember is You must gather your party before venturing forth. Its burned into my memory, it won't go away!

This is The End.

#7 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

Irenicus is hands-down my favorite villian I've ever encountered.

I fully agree.

I love the whole "I cannot remember your love, Ellesime."- dialogue. David Warner for president!

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

I have to concur - Irenicus is my favourite villain ever. :D

Favourite quote? I've got a few... "You sound as if you were dropped on the head when you were a child. Or kicked."... something like that, anyway. :D I can't quite remember.

Aaand my favourite banter ever:

Keldorn: Imoen! What ... are you pawing at me yet again? Do you think I do not notice. You are trying to pickpocket me, aren?t you!?
Imoen: Well, no ... I just ...
Keldorn: Just what? Out with it girl. I won?t have a party member stealing from me.
Imoen: No, no, that?s not it! I ... I was just ... I was just trying to find out if you?re as muscular under your armor as you look.
Keldorn: Eh? What?s this?
Imoen: Oh, I know that you?re married and all that, Keldorn ... but do you have *any* idea how good you look? I ... I can?t help myself, I just want to touch you all the time!
Keldorn: Imoen! I ... I have a daughter the same age as you!
Imoen: I don?t know what it is, Keldorn ... maybe it?s the Bhaal essence in me. I just want to run my fingers through your hair and nibble on your ears! Oh, Keldorn, you drive me so wild!
Keldorn: By Torm, no! This is terrible! I ... I had no idea I had this effect on you ...
Imoen: Oh, get over yourself, Keldorn! Sheesh. (giggle!) Here?s your ring back. I won?t take it again, I promise.

And also this line... ahahahahaha.

"For someone who supposedly has her soul tainted by the evil of a dead god, you remind me considerably of a chipmunk with a sugar high and a death wish." - Valygar, to Imoen.

#9 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

"For someone who supposedly has her soul tainted by the evil of a dead god, you remind me considerably of a chipmunk with a sugar high and a death wish." - Valygar, to Imoen.

Ahahahaha, that's awesome! :D

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#10 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

Pretty much anything from Lilarcor. He's comedic gold I'll tell ye what :D !

"Oooo, throw a coin in that fountain! HahahHA!"
"What's my status?! Well since when do you care about me, unless I'm impaled in something's guts?"
(I like parentheses.)

#11 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:39 AM

The one's from Imoen that were mentioned are indeed golden, including Valygar's line :). Val has very few actually interesting moments, but that one made me chuckle.

As for favourite lines, too many to count. Although I always mention Edwin's opening line:
"Greetings. I am Edwin Odesseiron. You simians may refer to me merely as "Sir," if you prefer a less... syllable intensive workout. "

As for some of the most hilarious moments, I refer to Jan's stories - the 3 pages long thing he recounts at the end of ToB is a bit too big to quote, but this here fits pefectly:

"Greetings, everyone. Sorry, no gifts or souvenirs this time but I'll keep you all in mind the next time I'm gone. Oh, Keldorn: the gods say 'hi' and that you should wash your underwear more thoroughly. Everyone ready? Let's go adventuring."

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#12 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:07 AM

My PC's dialogue with Demin:

- It fell to Ellesime to judge the crime, and she was harsh. Having forsaken everything elven, they would be outcast so they might learn how precious our ways are. Of spiritually high regard, Ellesime petitioned the gods and a divine curse was placed upon the Exiles.
- Wow, what was your first clue, genius?
- We had hoped this would turn out better.

#13 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:10 AM

one i just though of. I like this one cause I am so in love with the charcter.

Xan: Life is so hollow.
What is the point?
Our quest is in vain!
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#14 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

We're all doomed!
Whatever!

This is The End.

#15 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

A bit of a bump but I got some favorite quotes too :D

'The sun shines and I'm AMAZED we get to see another day!'
'Elminster this, Elminster that, give ME 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!'
'If we are doom to fail, can we do it FASTER?'
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#16 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:25 AM

Jan: What? But I -- ouch! AHHHH! AHHHH, NOOOO! I'M TOO YOUNG A GNOME TO DIE!! AHHHHH!! HELP ME, SOMEONE! AN ANTIDOTE, AN ANTIDOTE!! PAIN GIVES ME GAS! AHHHH!! I DON"T WANT TO -- eh? Wait a minute, that's a fly. A dead fly. You mean I ripped off my own shirt for nothing?

Viconia: Ha ha! Sometimes life has its little rewards. Even for the drow.

Jan: You're a cruel, cruel woman, Viconia. Garl help me, but I am so turned on right now.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#17 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:30 PM

C'mon people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together, try to love one another right now.

Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy.

Awww! It's just the cutest little hamsty-wamsty! Who's a fuzzy Boo?

This is The End.

#18 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

this is kind of a long one but I did laugh when I saw it.

PC: If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!

and this short little one

Bondari reloads...

(anyone remember that one? :lol:)
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#19 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

"I used to have me pretties... some are hidden, where only I can see... Many, many pretties, piled high beyond the sky" *gives you a diamond*

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#20 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:02 AM

"Edwin do this, Edwin do that... SOMEBODY GIVE THIS JERK A BANANA"

And the whole conversation with the thieves in the Minsc&Boo quest from Unfinished business.
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost