Favorite Quote

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Muse

Muse
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

My favorite quote is right here in my signature.

"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"

- Dradeel in Spellhold.

I'm not entirely sure why, but that line makes me laugh uncontrollably every time.
:lol:
"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel

#22 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:35 AM

One of my favourites.

Viconia: Minsc, that tattoo on your face. Does it have tribal significance
or did some nursery's fingerpainting class assault you with the
blue pastels?

Minsc: I do not like the tone of your voice, Dark Elf. The face I have is
the face the ladies love! Boo loves Minsc's face, too! Don't you,
Boo?

It's funnier when you hear it.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#23 --Nihonzashi--

--Nihonzashi--

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

I can't believe no one's mentioned:
"I shall chop you're foes into little foe-shaped chunky bits!" - minsc

#24 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:03 AM

Okay, here's a few I can never make up my mind about, I swear BG2 and her sister expansion pack never stop teasing. ^_^

"Yes(laughing tone) master. What shall I fetch NOW!?" Edwin, being an dog when you select him. :lol:

"<Maniacal Laughing>" Saervok, EVIL!!! and sometimes the good one.

"For the glory! Now ye die!" Korgan battle cry.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#25 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:08 AM

"For the glory! Now ye die!" Korgan battle cry.

Blood an' glory! Now ye DIE!!
(Area-Forest)Bloody forests. Bloody tree-huggers an' daisy-eaters. Burn 'em all...
- Korgan

(Morale) Discretion! Not valour! Discretion! Discretion!!
(Wound) Er...don't mean to startle you, or anything, but all of this blood spurting about is actually mine!
(Forest) Ah, home sweet home... <then, as if just remembering> Wait, I don't live here...
(Night) I've had this little problem ever since I was a wee gnome. When it gets dark, everybody glows red. Frightens a child something fierce...
(Fullbag)I'd carry the world if I could, but you'll have to package it smaller. I'm out of room.
- Jan

(Night) Call me a halfling, if you must, but I find myself incredibly hungry at the moment.
(Rare2) One word about size and you can forget it.
- Mazzy

Just a few from our short good friends.

Edited by Kellen, 04 August 2007 - 05:09 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#26 Peydey

Peydey
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:45 AM

"Rarrrrgh! Minsc will be free!!! These bonds will not hold my wrath! Butts will be liberally kicked in good measure!!! "

Or something like that..

"I can't, I'm allergic... Well alright, I'm not THAT allergic, but still..." - when selecting Jan

"Just like old times... Except for the torture and all..." - Imoen.. She never lets you forget...

#27 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

Ah yes, the lovely Edwina talks, here's a few I found.
Ah Minsc, how naive you and Boo are.

Minsc: Boo does not understand. It is not as though the scoundrel will be missed, but where has Edwin gone and who is this woman who wears his clothes?
Edwin: I will not be scrutinized for the sake of your rodent! Mind your own concerns, you stone-headed oaf!
Minsc: Such a temperament! Fire in her belly and not afraid to spit in the eye! It reminds me of the fighting women of my homeland! Ah sweet lady, you bring me tears.
Edwin: Tears indeed! Stand away lest I bring you a fireball as well! (Such suffering I must endure! The pain behind my eyes does grow steadily!)

Edwin: What!? Why do you stare at me so, barbarian!?
Minsc: You bear handsome features, though they are familiar, too. Edwin?s sister perhaps? Aye, Boo sees the resemblance? You are his superior in your manner though.
Edwin: I AM Edwin you fool! Can you not comprehend this!?
Minsc: I don?t do well with the philosophical. You are Edwin? Ah, like Minsc is Boo and Boo is Minsc because we carry each other within. Do you like hamsters? Boo likes you.
Edwin: If you do not wish to be the proud owner of a very small rug you will get that hamster away from me.
Minsc: I see more and more of Edwin in your tone, though you are still better than he. Boo will forgive you, for now.
Edwin: (I will kill ALL of them. Slowly. With ... with HOT pokey things and ... and coals and ... and prods. Yessss, prods. Many, many prods.)
Minsc: I think she warms to our company, Boo. See how she looks longingly?

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#28 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

Cernd's particular wit with Edwina.

Cernd: Are the flowers not beautiful this time of year? Perhaps a little late in the blooming, but still ...
Edwin: What!? What are you getting at!? I know you are talking about me, so speak it plain!
Cernd: Perhaps your new form has made you more sensitive, though not in a way I call improvement. I meant nothing. It is my wont to talk of nature and gifts.
Edwin: Very well. I will let your comment pass and ...
Cernd: I mean, if I say how the great cycle fells the mighty oak, yielding to the furrows and valleys of a more subtle landscape, is it my fault if you take more offence?
Edwin: I see, I see. I shall let the slight pass and ...
Cernd: And if I say that the great stag casts aside its wondrous mantle as the long winter approaches, should it be my concern if you draw any comparisons to your ...
Edwin: Yes, yes, yes, now will you please cease your prattle!
Cernd: Poor Edwin. When nature casts aside an appendage, she is confident it will return in the proper season. My heart weeps for your insecurities. Weep, weep.
Edwin: (I wonder what his nature would say about the cleansing power of nature. I wonder.)

Edwin: Why do you stare so, Cernd? No doubt you are to laugh at my predicament, so get it over with!
Cernd: Why does the king protest? His forests are pilfered, leaving just hills and scrub, but what loss is it? How can it be of value when it was never put to use?
Edwin: (There is an insult in there somewhere, I am certain. Would that I could stop time and kill them ALL first.)

And Haer Dalis' famous rhyme.
I once knew a Red Wizard of Thay
who dreamed of lichdom someday.
He said he knew how to do it
But he still managed to screw it
up in the funniest way.

One of the greatest of Jan's

Edwin: Out with it, gnome! I see that you are fabricating another of your fanciful lies as you look at me!
Jan: Oh, don?t get all huffy. It?s just that, at this angle you look a lot like my Uncle Ager of the Tomes.
Edwin: Ah, and I suppose he had a comical disfigurement, or his mind fell a few coppers short of a silver, or that his tremendous odor kept the stars afloat, or some other thinly disguised failing told ONLY to demean me in the eyes of others!
Jan: Eh, no, he was a mage. Tell me, Edwin, are you having trouble at home?
Edwin: (sigh) Go away, gnome. Go away.

And with Yoshi.

Yoshimo: Tell me, Edwina, would you like me to let out the seams on your robe? I?m quite handy with a needle. You do, after all, have more ... bulk ... in the upper chest area.
Edwin: Silence you fool! Chauvinist pig! (What am I saying?) I mean to say - ?Idiot!?
Yoshimo: I was only an offer, m?lady. There is no cause for anger.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#29 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

any Edwina quote is great.
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#30 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

I kicked him in the head until he was dead.

Heya, it's me Imoen.

You're a queer fellow.

You must gather your party before venturing forth.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#31 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:01 AM

"Dooon't teach my hamster to suck eggs!" Minsc= genius :D
"Less talk, more fight."
"Turnips eh? Hand em' over." :devil: PC talking to Jan in TOB kick Jan out of party dialog.
"ahaha aha <burp> s'cuz me." drunks, ugh! :angry:
"STOP TOUCHING ME!!!" <in a little girl voice by Xzar>

~***~***~***~

#32 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:23 AM

And here's a lil present for all us Anomen haters out there.

Imoen: So. You?re part of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, right, Anomen? The paladins and Clerics that run around Amn getting outraged at everthing?

(If Anomen passed his test)
Anomen: I find your description bordering on insult, girl ... but, yes, I am a member of the Order. Why?
Imoen: Well, a full hundred of them marched up all solemn-like up to Candlekeep about ten years ago, all to donate a single book to the monks. Do you know anything about that?
Anomen: No, but it sounds like something the Order might do, depending on the book.
Imoen: It was a big book, as I recall. I stole into the archive to look at it ... did you know it had all sorts of pictures of naked men and women? Total filth! I?m surprised the Order even had something like that.
Anomen: No doubt it was a book of great evil. Perhaps the Order gave it over to the care of your monks so that it would not be used by those of impure intentions.
Imoen: Well, I don?t know about that. Winthrop caught me peeking and gave me hell like you wouldn?t believe ... but I noticed he kept the book in his room after that point.
Anomen: Vile girl! I?ll not listen to any more of this! Go bother (CHARNAME)!

(OR if the moron failed) <_<
Anomen: Ha! An apt description of those blowhards, if ever I had heard one. No, dear girl ... I am no member of the Order, although I was a novice. Why do you ask?
Imoen: Well, a full hundred of them marched up all solemn-like up to Candlekeep about ten years ago, all to donate a single book to the monks. Do you know anything about that?
Anomen: No, but it sounds like something the Order might do, depending on the book.
Imoen: It was a big book, as I recall. I stole into the archive to look at it ... did you know it had all sorts of pictures of naked men and women? Total filth! I?m surprised the Order even had something like that.
Anomen: You don?t say? Well maybe the Prelate was finished with it and gave it to the head of your monks as something of a present? Those paladins are quite the repressed lot of stuffed shirts, you know.
Imoen: Oh, they?re not so bad, I guess. Better them than some of the evil I?ve seen ... they can just be kinda pompous, as I remember. You?re not as bad as I figured you might be, though, Anomen.
Anomen: Well, I?m glad you think so. I escaped from their clutches just in time, I suppose, eh?

~***~***~***~

#33 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:01 AM

I hate those Flaming Fist pansies.

This is The End.

#34 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

"Murder! Death! Kill! Murder! Death! Kill! Murder! Death! Kill! MWAHAHAHAHA!"
I suppose you all know whos words it is).

Edited by Gort, 06 August 2007 - 07:48 PM.

#35 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

Aerie!

Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone

#36 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

Minsc: There is safety in numbers, and I am two or three at least.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#37 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

The big fella sure is popular. 8)

"Butt Kicking! For Goodness!"
"See battle Boo. Ruuun, Boo, Runnnn." "Squeeeak!!!" <- As if we need a translator for that one. :lol:

~***~***~***~

#38 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

"Cespenar makes good servant. OH YES!!!"
"Ooooh. Shiney ones."
"Back to cleaning I guesses."

I'll have more, once I write them down.
Trust an imp to be a nutcase. :lol:

~***~***~***~

#39 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:41 PM

Life... is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world. But is it what you need? You are... different... inside. This woman lives and has strength of a sort. She lost her parents to plague, her husband to war, but she persevered. Her farm has prospered, her name is respected, and her children are fed and safe. She lived as she thought she should. And now, she is dead.

Her land will be divided, her children will move on, and she will be forgotten. She lived a "good" life, but she had no power. She was a slave to death. I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?

This is The End.

#40 Gollandrian

Gollandrian
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

All of these are, for the most part, tied for the rank of my favourite quotes. (I have a horrible memory and as such will only post where the quotes are in the game and maybe a bit of it)

Haer'Dalis - His endgame (SoA) line, I find it pleasingly epic and the fact that he's my favourite NPC really helps.
- Many of his other quotes that incorperate his being a bard, such as saying aloud the current events in a story format

PC - "I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but we have a real good one." (I actually could remember this one!)

Minsc - "There is strength in numbers, and I am two or three, at least." (too memorable)
- "Evil 'round every corner. Careful not to step in any." (Same deal)

Jon Irenicus - "Once my thirst for power was everything. And now I hunger only for revenge. And... I... Will... HAVE IT!!"

Edwin - Half of the things he says...

Anywho... pretty much every line in Baldur's Gate is amazing anyways...