Photo

Pictures of Oblivion Characters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

#41 JazzJR

JazzJR
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:25 AM

Ok my new Cat , its not my one at home :P its just a idea of me to have a gorgeous Cat :P hope the fur is good

Posted Image

Posted Image
come on stand up!

Posted Image
come on!

Posted Image
wanna mess with the best?!

Posted Image
i wish i could swim :crying:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by JazzJR, 06 May 2007 - 03:27 AM.

#42 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:58 AM

Been playing with tfc, and apart from the movement being rather fast managed to get two images. I would have taken more but was having issues with Actors In Charge so I had to find myself an NPC to have a chat with to fix it, plus it was getting dark.

Krystal is wearing my re-colored Exnem Sorceress outfit in purple. I've been working on another, which is keeping Exnem's fancy detailing, but Photoshop is being screwy with the DDS plugin and I have all but the loincloth done. I wish there was a DDS plugin for Photo Impact or Paintshop Pro as well.

Anyways, first up, Krystal doing a bit of pole dancing. Sort of ;)

Close-up in daylight...

To others who have done Exnem Sorceress re-colors, what are the textures supposed to be saved as? What DXT compression as well as the setting for the normal map? Half the time mine save all watercolory and it takes me all day to do one texture.
None of the tutorials I have say much about saving. There's that mushroom re-coloring tutorial but I'd assume mushrooms and clothes would be rather different <_<
I will share my recolors if someone can help with my question :D

B)

#43 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:27 AM

Very nice, is retexturing just a case of changing the colours of a texture file in photoshop?
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#44 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:40 AM

Been playing with tfc, and apart from the movement being rather fast managed to get two images. I would have taken more but was having issues with Actors In Charge so I had to find myself an NPC to have a chat with to fix it, plus it was getting dark.

Krystal is wearing my re-colored Exnem Sorceress outfit in purple. I've been working on another, which is keeping Exnem's fancy detailing, but Photoshop is being screwy with the DDS plugin and I have all but the loincloth done. I wish there was a DDS plugin for Photo Impact or Paintshop Pro as well.

Anyways, first up, Krystal doing a bit of pole dancing. Sort of ;)

Close-up in daylight...

To others who have done Exnem Sorceress re-colors, what are the textures supposed to be saved as? What DXT compression as well as the setting for the normal map? Half the time mine save all watercolory and it takes me all day to do one texture.
None of the tutorials I have say much about saving. There's that mushroom re-coloring tutorial but I'd assume mushrooms and clothes would be rather different <_<

B)

As a general thing, I tend to save as DXT5. mushrooms and clothes aren't that different, though ;)

EDIT: By the way, love the colours on that one =D

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 06 May 2007 - 04:50 AM.

#45 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

B)

This helps you understand a little more about DDS

is retexturing just a case of changing the colours of a texture file in photoshop?

Any changes to a texture would be called restexturing I guess. :unsure:

Edited by Darziak, 06 May 2007 - 04:56 AM.

#46 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:53 AM

Heh, it appears I was way off =P

You learn something new, every day XD

#47 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:04 AM

Cool, thanks for the link :) That's handy and explains alot. I wasn't saving my textures properly. I was saving the normal maps like the guy did with his mushroom tutorial, though.
I think I'm going to have to reinstall Photoshop. There's always a program error, or an error relating to the DDS plugin when I try to save what I've done. Maybe because my version of PS is old *shrug* It's version 7.

Very nice, is retexturing just a case of changing the colours of a texture file in photoshop?

That's the right way, I would think. Previously I just whacked a texture on an exiting mesh in Nifskope. That's how I got the "aussie coloured" Exnem Amazon armor and 'bikini' (underwear). Although the denim version I did of the bikini turned out good, despite not doing it properly.

B)

#48 Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:05 AM

Hello everyone. :)
Sleeping under a bridge.
Looking to buy a horse.
Negotiating the price.
Sunset.
Sunset 2.
Target in sight.
Posted Image

#49 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:07 AM

You can use DXT5, I remember some posts on ESF that there was little noticeable difference between DXT3 & 5.

I use DXT5 for this helmet

#50 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:15 AM

My first chance to post some shots of Avalon!

From humble beginnings...
Did a character come...
Born of Magic, Born of Stars
She would come to join us, from her island paradise, her namesake..
Avalon..

Well, you've all seen Avalon before, but, he's my first posts of her!

My game has just been completely started from scratch, including a data folder wipe. So, things aren't perfect, yet, but, I was dying to show her off! ;)

----

NON-STORY DETAIL POST (I'm not quite ready for a story, yet =P)

First thing she did in my game, was go to Rindir's Staffs (Or was it Staves.. ;) ), and buy herself a robe or two.. or three.. or well, yeah, lots of them =)

Avalon tried a few on, and, I think this one certainly suits her best =) The shot is when she was checking out the weapons at A Fighting Chance, sadly, none of those were really to our taste =/

Posted Image

Next stop, Anvil!

She bought a few bits and pieces, there, but, only ended up using the Sephis Axe she got there.
(No screenies, sorry)

Onwards, to Narfinsel!

(I had taken a shot at the entrance, but I had forgotten to do tm, so, I've not posted it :< I'll do another version of it, when I go back in, the blasted thing crashed after the last one I took :<)

Heading for the treasure, a book that would allow her to teleport to an Ayleid Sanctum, she happened to fight some imps, so, action shots ;)

Posted Image

Two down, one to go.

Posted Image

And another one bites the dust. =)

----

Was going to take another few shots, but, as I said, crashed there. =/

#51 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:17 AM

Cool, thanks for the link :) That's handy and explains alot. I wasn't saving my textures properly. I was saving the normal maps like the guy did with his mushroom tutorial, though.
I think I'm going to have to reinstall Photoshop. There's always a program error, or an error relating to the DDS plugin when I try to save what I've done. Maybe because my version of PS is old *shrug* It's version 7.

That's the right way, I would think. Previously I just whacked a texture on an exiting mesh in Nifskope. That's how I got the "aussie coloured" Exnem Amazon armor and 'bikini' (underwear). Although the denim version I did of the bikini turned out good, despite not doing it properly.

B)

Well, the /best/ way, to do a retex, is the way you did it with the bikini. Replacers aren't the best way to do it, imo. I mean, make the texture from the original, yes, but, don't save over it, is a better way to do it =)

#52 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Kimory

Kimory

The Official... Something... Of the something forum...

• 117 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:20 AM

Hey everyone, Im new here, from the Beth forums, so yeah. I had a Mystic Elf before, and she wasn't that nice looking, but after countless changes, I've gotten results that I find great, although I have yet to get a good close-up.
Landing from a high jump. I got this purely out of luck.
Lookig at a dropped item, but can't pick it up. (Darn arena rules!)
Fighting with some ugly guy.

Here's another one, unrelated to my Mystic Elf. It's a race Im working on.
Dremore-Argonian Hybrid
"There is no genius without a touch of madness" Sheogorath
Xbox 360 and PC user
What am I working on now?
Remake of my Draconian Race, which was lost long ago...

#54 Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:21 AM

Beautiful screenshots Floydian1 :)
Posted Image

#55 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:23 AM

nice shots, Floyd, very nice indeed!

EDIT: Welcome, Kimory!

EDIT2: Also, I love the shots, Kimory, and, as I believe I said on the bethsoft forums, I love the Draconians =) They look great =D

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 06 May 2007 - 05:28 AM.

#56 Kimory

Kimory

• 117 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:26 AM

Hey, I just came up with a tip for screenshots that I don't think is in the Action Screenshots tutorial:
If you want your character to look somewhere specific, do Createfullactorcopy, then plce yourself near enough and etc. So you don't see the person. I did this in this pic.
Xbox 360 and PC user

#57 lemonio

lemonio
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:40 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

where did the windmill come from? mod?
Twenty-two astronauts were born in Ohio. What is it about your state that makes people want to flee the earth?
-Stephen Colbert

#58 Kimory

Kimory

• 117 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

Yes, I think it's Unique Landscapes.
Xbox 360 and PC user

#59 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

http://tessource.net...le.php?id=10768
Posted Image

#60 MystykStar

MystykStar
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:01 AM

Well, the /best/ way, to do a retex, is the way you did it with the bikini. Replacers aren't the best way to do it, imo. I mean, make the texture from the original, yes, but, don't save over it, is a better way to do it =)

:unsure: So, editing the original texture isn't the way to go? Or is? I'm confused.
The way I did it with the bikini was grab a texture off the 'net (from a free texture site), resize it and save it as a .dds Open Nifskope, load up the mesh of the item I wanted to edit and change the texture to point to my new one. Someone asked on TESF if I'd release the pink latex-looking Amazon armor but I didn't really want to as it just seemed too amateurish the way I did it. The pink was supposed to be wool but ended up like plastic :blink: So, I made a mat for my houseboat with the actual wool texture, seeing as it didn't turn out right for the armor :lol:

But if it doesn't bother people that I don't re-tex like Koldorn then I don't mind sharing :) I haven't sent them to anyone, but others could also point out where I could do better, or if something is weird. That'd help, of course.

B)

Edited by MystykStar, 06 May 2007 - 06:02 AM.