Photo

'An Age of Relics' project screenshots...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 --tavishhill2003--

--tavishhill2003--

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

You... are a GOD!!!
Howdid you make everything? How did you make the map?
GAAAAAH!!!!! YOU'RE SO FRIKKIN AwWWSOMMMM!!!!

Glad you guys like it so far. Another update concentrating mostly on promo material (film poster, some banner ads, final version of the world map, story info to be specific) will be posted next week sometime. So stay tuned and keep the inventions of famulous jargon relating to 'awesomegasm' up. Very inspiring stuff. :)

#42 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

Glad you guys like it so far. Another update concentrating mostly on promo material (film poster, some banner ads, final version of the world map, story info to be specific) will be posted next week sometime. So stay tuned and keep the inventions of famulous jargon relating to 'awesomegasm' up. Very inspiring stuff. smile.gif

#43 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

I've been away for a few weeks since I didn't have internet for a while. I have kept busy with the project of course over this time, however, and now am ready to show some of that off. I have finalized the Enera world map, got started on a few new sets (a couple screens shown below), finished the base storyline for my films, built up characters and their backstories to my liking, and even found the time to make some prototype promotional material that you guys might like to see (banner ads and film posters). As always I am looking for feedback of all kinds on all of these items, so don't be shy. :P

VERY special thanks to those kind souls who are letting me use their characters in my films including Grimbot, Sia, Darziak, Alexander Wolf, OathinBlood.

World Map:

Posted Image

Banner Ads:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soundtrack Cover:

Posted Image

Film Posters:

Posted Image

Posted Image

*Sorry for weird scaling issues with the way the site presents images. The banner ads aren't really that large and they appear blurry due to the upscaling...
**All characters not created by me are used with permission and are characters in my films**

New Screens...both sets are still VERY early

Blackwater:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Skarson:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by tavishhill2003, 14 June 2007 - 06:06 AM.

#44 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

Sia, fame at last :)
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#45 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Yeah like she wasn't well known enough as it was, lol. Btw, I have finished my project's story arc recently and will probably change a lot of the names of many of the characters. One of them likely being Blaire, teh character your fine character plays the role of. I was wondering if you would prefer that character being named Sia so that her character, as you designed her, would be retained. If you would like her to retain her name, lemme know. I like the name Sia for her either way, but if you would prefer I use my own name, I can understand that as well. :)

#46 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

You can keep her as Sia if you wish.
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#47 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:03 PM

Those are dam sweet images. :woot:

If you want a shot with the horse alone I have a save with it frozen in that position.

#48 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

I dunno...I kinda like the guy on the horse atm. These will only be 2 of many variations of the film posters though. I plan on making a whole bunch when principle filming is done late this year and when it is time to put the promotion into full gear. :P

Who knows though, I may change my mind on the horse thing. lol

#49 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

Would you ever consider releasing your "sets"?

#50 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

Possibly. But that is a matter of getting them made into fully playable fashion, which is a relatively hefty task. I'd love to release them, however there may be issues with playability. I'd have to find someone who can finish up the stuff that isn't seen in the films because honestly I dont' bother creating most of the cities, usually just what is needed for the shots.

#51 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

This is the set I've got so far for the catacombs. There are scenes where characters walk through teh catacombs, and for that I will mostly use the pre-existing rooms in the Imperial Dungeon. There are a couple mroe rooms I will add to the set later on for film 2. I've decided to concentrate on the film 1 sets from now until they are ready to be shot. The screens below are a few of the shots in the opening scene. For anyone curious to the exterior look, I am using a slightly modified version of the entrance to Mankar Cameron's temple from the existing game. I've decided it would be wasteful to design that set myself when it is just so perfect for what I am wanting. Anyow, comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

Catacombs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

I only just started this recently, so bear with me as in-game pics will be posted when I get some free time. For now, enjoy pics of the evil Lord Carrick's mountain lair from the CS. The character in the one image is a placeholder btw. I just wanted to see how things looked with a character in the seat. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

wait o.o i thought you were making a new land... you're making a movie? COOL =D

#54 Grimbot

Grimbot
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Haha!  Rad!  I just saw this for the first time!  Can't wait to see it in motion!

#55 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

Bleeding Steppe (now with 100% more flags!):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:57 AM

Do the flags move or are they static?

Aside from being cool I almost thought the first shot was a half-man half-horse. :P

#57 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:10 PM

I can't imagine the flags move. The physics system, Havoc I believe, used for Oblivion doesn't support cloth movement very well (if at all).

#58 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

The flags DO move actually. Very convincingly I might add. Turns out I found a way to cleverly force them to "move" by taking a normal ship 's flag and resizing it (affects how violently it reacts with the physics engine relative to the normal sized world around it) and then intersecting it into the geometry of otehr things, in this case mostly Kvatch pikes. The way the Havok is set up has the flag reacting violently and sporadically to the intersecting meshes (much like how if you put 2 objects inside on another, many times it makes them go nuts and react violently in-game). All that is required is a bit of a breeze to make the flag move just a tad, and suddenly the bugs in the Havok engien take over and make it wave violently. Maybe later tonight I will try to make a short video of the flags moving for you gusy to see if you really want to see how it looks coupled with the rest of the set. :)

#59 -The Reaper-

-The Reaper-

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:43 PM

Is this ongoing still? I'd love to see an oblivion machinima blow the half life and other machinima out of the water. Please let it be so.

#60 tavishhill2003

tavishhill2003
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:43 PM

Yes it is still going on. I have to wait to film anything until I have a stronger PC. I don't want to compromise any of the visual aspects of the project.