Comments about PoOC thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
373 replies to this topic

#41 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

:lol: i'm sure GF ;) the lynda.com classes are really good.. if you have some time you should check them out when your wife is finished with them :)

In the meantime, I'll start a "buy GF a new PC fund"... lets see... I have... 87 cents in my pocket :P

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#42 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

:lol: i'm sure GF ;) the lynda.com classes are really good.. if you have some time you should check them out when your wife is finished with them :)

In the meantime, I'll start a "buy GF a new PC fund"... lets see... I have... 87 cents in my pocket :P

That reminds me of when you were going to buy everyone on the old Pic thread a new pc if you won the lottery. Guess that didn't happen yet unless mine got lost in shipping.

#43 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

yes, the offer is stilll on... if i ever win a few mil, you guys will be the first to know :P

#44 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

Trying to make a Dremora female.
Aiyla
Posted Image

EDIT: Second Attempt (used a face from badmagic as a base)
Posted Image
Comments please. Good? Bad? So-So?
Would appreciate any tips.

Just thought I'd post this here as well since I don't know where else to post it.
Tips/comments/critisism please?

Repost. Some help? Advice? Tips? Anything?
I really need to know.
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#45 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

depends on what you're trying to go for shadow :) I think the second shot looks better than the blue eyes... I would maybe pucker her lips up a bit more, but that's just personal preference. How about a side shot?

#46 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

@ gf1 - The Blondie is Eryn :P! And I'm sure she will pay you back (although not in the way you are hoping for :lol:)

@ Shadow - I think she looks good (atempt one)!

@ Sev - I like the filters, but I think you way want to try and soften the background and sharpen Avalon for a really cool effect!

@ Treetop - She looks good! I don't like the pauldrons to much though, and I could do without the little "scales" on the armor, but I know thats the new set of Amazon armor (Nope, I'm not jealous of the idea of putting Ebony pauldrons on amazon armor, nope, not at all!)

@ Spike - I really like your new elf! I can't wait to see her story develop!

@ Floyd - Great, as always. I predict hot girlie-girl action.

@ Highpressure - Thanks for the comments! I also really like your girl and Adonis seems pretty cool!

@ Those I missed - I DO see your shots and I want to see more of them!

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 19 May 2007 - 03:47 PM.

#47 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

I really need to know.

I dislike dremora in general (as player characters), but I'll try to offer some constructive feedback...

The head and body are totally different colors, although it's quite more noticeable in the second version. Use the eyelid and cheek blush tone sliders to adjust the body to try to match (yes, the eyelid sliders seem to have more effect on the body than most others - although, oddly, almost all the "eye" tone sliders have a noticeable effect... the eyebrow sliders are very useful (or annoying) for this as well). In the second shot, the beard sliders can darken up the lower portion of the face, the neck, and the body, possibly getting a perfect match if you're careful.

I like the dremora eyes better than the blue ones. The tattooing is quite cool. The overall shape is good from what I can tell - a profile and a 3/4 shot would be needed to be sure, though. I wouldn't advise puckering the lips any more, however... lemon-sucking is for mystic elves. :P

Edited by Luchaire, 19 May 2007 - 03:48 PM.

#48 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

Here's a side shot.
Posted Image

Puckered the lips a slight bit.

I really need to know.

I dislike dremora in general (as player characters), but I'll try to offer some constructive feedback...

The head and body are totally different colors, although it's quite more noticeable in the second version. Use the eyelid and cheek blush tone sliders to adjust the body to try to match (yes, the eyelid sliders seem to have more effect on the body than most others - although, oddly, almost all the "eye" tone sliders have a noticeable effect... the eyebrow sliders are very useful (or annoying) for this as well). In the second shot, the beard sliders can darken up the lower portion of the face, the neck, and the body, possibly getting a perfect match if you're careful.

I like the dremora eyes better than the blue ones. The tattooing is quite cool. The overall shape is good from what I can tell - a profile and a 3/4 shot would be needed to be sure, though. I wouldn't advise puckering the lips any more, however... lemon-sucking is for mystic elves. :P

I noticed the discoloration. I'm at a loss on how to fix it, but I'll try what you said. Thanks Luchaire.
Times like this I wish you could imagine the face you want and presto, it's there. But magic is for fantasy it seems...
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

#49 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Another thing I noticed: the body textures don't look right.
Does anyone have a fullproof Slof texture for females using Exnem's body? Anyone? I think the one I found isn't working too well.

EDIT: I give up. This is sucking away all my fun. Think I'll mess around with GMod or The Movies or something...

Edited by Shadow', 19 May 2007 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

#50 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

Shadow' don't be a bitch! :lol:

Dremora's are the most user-unfriendly race, simply because they were not designed to be used by players!

Try a diffrent race, have some fun!

#51 Kimory

Kimory

The Official... Something... Of the something forum...

• 117 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

Dremora's are the most user-unfriendly race, simply because they were not designed to be used by players!

Yea, I once made a Dremora, but it was ugly as hell. Ugh... You should listen to Hector, I think he's had a bit of user-unfriendly moments with the Blowup Layla Dollies. :ROFL:

JazzJR Poor kitty... He must have been scared against that huge Gatekeeper... They're awesome shots. Keep up the good work!

Floydian1 Is that a new character? She looks very nice. By the way, nice ownage on the bandit.
"There is no genius without a touch of madness" Sheogorath
Xbox 360 and PC user
What am I working on now?
Remake of my Draconian Race, which was lost long ago...

#52 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

Ah nevermind. I'll just live with it. :lol:
User-unfriendly. That's an understatement. :lol:
It's just a discoloration anyway.
But still, if anyone has a link to some proper working Slof female textures (maybe Lady Slof herself would be kind enough to post a link?)
for Exnem's, since the one I found does not seem to work 100% (skin looks awkward for some reason), please post it.

Be back with screens.

@Kimory great screens. :)
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

#53 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

Does anyone have a fullproof Slof texture for females using Exnem's body? Anyone? I think the one I found isn't working too well.

EDIT: I give up. This is sucking away all my fun. Think I'll mess around with GMod or The Movies or something...

It's an exnem curse Shadow`.. if you want the tits, your head's got to be a different color than your body. Avalon's the same way too...

#54 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

It's an exnem curse Shadow`.. if you want the tits, your head's got to be a different color than your body. Avalon's the same way too...

Ah crap.
Well that explains alot.
*shakes fist at Oblivion*
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

#55 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

Actually, Exnem's seems to work pretty well with default char's. Maybe he will RELz new face textures to match the body? If he doesn't, I might!

Although, even given my constant advertising\spam of re-textures I doubt it would get much intrest! :P

Yes, I know they come with a headhuman.dds, but it doesn't work to well and it isn't for all races.

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 19 May 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#56 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

@Treetop Smoker: Is that butterfly a tattoo or part of the armor? It is confusing because of the way it is overlaps the leg and the armor.

#57 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:36 PM

Could it be in the material properties of the Exnem body mesh? I know I had to tweak some material properties to make default head meshes and the BAB body match exactly.

#58 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

@Shadow': Nice shots ! Where do you get those cool projectile ? :P As for your Dremora female, I preferred the first version

@Spike4072: :lol: Those little picture story are so cool.

@Treetop Smoker: What did I said ? :new_bottom: :lol:

@Chimera: Nice chars you got there, they're hawt ;)

@cyborgakadjmoose: More nice screens, keep it up :)

@Soul_Slayer: Like Treetop's character, she shouldn't be fighting around with those, I'm worried about her :unsure:

@Floydian1: Beautiful, what more to say ;)

@JazzJR: Great shots ! :clap:

@Kimory: Nice shots and nice little story :) Keep em' coming

@Grimbot: I love all your shots, your character is so cool :P

@Zombie216: She's hawt :new_thumbs: But you posted the same shot twice :P
Posted Image

#59 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

@Treetop Smoker: Is that butterfly a tattoo or part of the armor? It is confusing because of the way it is overlaps the leg and the armor.

Its a tattoo ! Works with most armor mods.

@ Cosmic-Banana Very cool shots again !!

@ Ryu Doppler: Welcome to the Shivering Isles ! :cheers:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 19 May 2007 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#60 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

<snip>

Wickedly awesome screens! A+ all the way! :)

<snip>

You still haven't given me her phone number! :) Fantastic screens again Treetop!

A new purchase to tide me over...
<snip>

Nice SI Screens!

Enarin decided to finally try out Exnem's sorceress outfit, even though she found it a "tad" revealing. ^_^
Enarin 1
Enarin 2
Enarin 3

It may be revealing, but Enarin wears it well! Very nice sreenies there. B)