Comments about PoOC thread #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
326 replies to this topic

#41 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

So do you guys think that grown up Haruko looks different enough from Luna? it was the last post on the page so i guess it got over looked.

Thats enough Spike . Different hair with lighter/darker facial textures are enough. (Even with the presence of same eyes/hair color )

@ Spike: I would love to continue reading your wonderful mini picture story...... :rolleyes:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 26 May 2007 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

#42 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

So do you guys think that grown up Haruko looks different enough from Luna? it was the last post on the page so i guess it got over looked.

Thats enough Spike . Different hair with lighter/darker facial textures are enough. (Even with the presence of same eyes/hair color )

@ Spike: I would love to continue reading your wonderful mini picture story...... :rolleyes:

Thanks I should have the next part tomorrow.

I am still confused what it means when people use this :rolleyes:

#43 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

Normally I would interpret it as sarcasm, but in Treetop's case, I'm not sure. :lol:
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#44 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

Great to hear that.

Treetop's Definition of the Day is
:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: = a subtle, evil, sly expression to gain something beneficial.

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 26 May 2007 - 09:34 PM.

Posted Image

#45 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

:Bow: :wub: @ Floydian's pictures

VanQa, we're having all the same ideas! I just finished screenshotting my character's first run through the Kvatch Oblivion gate and some of them are nearly identical to yours!

Haha funny ! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Welcome Fyrefae, liked your pictures !

Great picture story, Soulslayer :)

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#46 LprMan

LprMan
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

Hmm, there could be a bit more differences between them, but they are just fine as they are now. Luna looks more serious, while Haruko is happier and full of energy (I hope I got the names right :unsure: )

#47 Daiyoukai Ramza

Daiyoukai Ramza
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

Hey everyone! I finally figured out what was causing that "patchwork pussycat" khajiit! Get this... it was a loading order issue. I can't believe it didn't occur to me to switch the load orders of roberts and beautiful people. :crazy: Ah well, at least my khajiit look... ya know, normal. Well, as normal as a 6 foot bipedal cat-man can look.

EDIT: Also, I apparently edited the wrong mod, initially... D'OH! Oh well, now I've got a working load order AND non-screwy khajiit... HUZZAH!

Anyway, I've had to restart my quasi-paladin AGAIN, because... er, well, my recent installation of several mods caused him to acquire an appearance tone not unlike that of Michael Jackson. Fortunately, I'd only played him for an hour, since I only used him to mess around with clothes and armour. I've been contemplating making a female ranger (or something along those lines.), since, well... I've got exnem now and a bunch of exnem-ized clothes/armour.

Anyway, time for some comments!

@highpressure: Nice screenies... I especially like the second third and fifth ones!

@Zombie216: I still like the ears.

@Treetop Smoker: Good screenshots... the one where she's in the blocking pose is my favorite out of the initial three. I also like that the shot where she's wearing that... mythic dawn-ish armour. And finally, the screenshot where your character is fighting the goblin is very dramatic!

@Floydian: Great as always. The screenshot where she's fighting Umbra (or an Umbra look-alike) is pretty cool. Also, Rufio's expression in one of the later screenshot is pretty humorous.

@Fyrefae: Nice screenshots... the third one "apotheosis" is my favorite, due to the pose, which is my favorite "sheogorath cane" pose. The screenshot where Baurus and your Tabaxi character praying over Uriel's body is very touching.

@JazzJR: That's an interesting feline fellow... I've seen such a mod (or one similar, anyway) somewhere before, but I can't recall where.

@Cosmic-Banana: Nice tattoo textures!

@Soul Slayer: I almost feel sorry for that bandit in the last screenshot. Keyword: almost.

@Shadow': That's the first blue-haired character I've seen in a LONG time. And, as a guy who likes blue-hair, I approve. The assassin fight screenshots, especially the one's with the little flashes of light during parries are very well done. Also, I see you're using Kadaj's sword from... er, one of the FF7 weapon mods that is floating about out there.

@Spike4072: One can definitely tell they're the same person, except for one being older, of course. Nice job!

Hrm, and... well, I'm off to think of a decent custom class for my ranger chick.

I'm thinking...

Race(in order of preference): Wood Elf, Dark Elf/Mystic Elf, or Redguard.
Sign(in order of preference): Thief, The Lord (for Dark Elf or Mystic Elf... I use OOO, so it's a fairly nice sign, IMO), Warrior, the Ritual.
Class Name: Ranger
Specialization: Combat (Secondary Specialization: Stealth... SS is a S.P.A.M. feature) (I might switch them around...)
Preferred Attributed: Endurance (I almost ALWAYS take endurance) and Agility (maybe speed, depending on which race I choose)
Majors: Blunt (Axes only... she'll be a woodswoman, so I figure she'll have chopped wood at some point.)
Light Armour (for several ranger-friendly L.A. mods I have.)
Alchemy (self-sufficiency)
Armorer (see alchemy)
Sneak (For stalking prey)
Marksman (Durr)
Block or Athletics (Whichever... both would basically be filler)

Keep in mind that the leveling mod I use (S.P.A.M.) gives me set multipliers based upon my specialization, secondary specialization (S.P.A.M.-only), and preferred attributes... so I really don't have to be quite as careful making a class as I do with the normal system.

Edited by Daiyoukai Ramza, 27 May 2007 - 12:39 AM.

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

You Are a Ham Sandwich

Posted Image

You are quiet, understated, and a great comfort to all of your friends.
Over time, you have proven yourself as loyal and steadfast.
And you are by no means boring. You do well in any situation - from fancy to laid back.

Your best friend: The Turkey Sandwich

Your mortal enemy: The Grilled Cheese Sandwich

#48 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:14 AM

Reworking my Nord, Cymbri... could use some opinions on this look:

Posted Image

Nice work on the tatts :new_thumbs: Why do you needed help :lol:
Posted Image

#49 Daiyoukai Ramza

Daiyoukai Ramza
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

She's looking very good, to my eyes! The woad tattoos are VERY well-done. The somewhat asian appearance is a plus. The overall facial structure is very pleasing and balanced, as well. And finally, the hairstyle works very well with both the aforementioned facial structure, her eye colour, and skin-tone you've given her.

I wish I could make characters that looked that good. >_<

But, since I'm under a sort of quasi-time-limit during character creation, as the facegen opportunity in the prison cell makes my video card heat up to crazy temperatures. The opportunity right before the sewer exit doesn't... but the lighting is pretty poor at that spot. Of course, there's always the option of "showracemenu"... but that can be somewhat cumbersome.

You Are a Ham Sandwich

Posted Image

And you are by no means boring. You do well in any situation - from fancy to laid back.

#50 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:05 AM

Hey, noticing a few of you use this mod (and, my souba mod, too, for that matter...) anyone want a souba variant of...

Posted Image

^ This? ^

I have one done, just need to check permissions, again (I'm sure it was a resource, but, need to check..) and then package and relz, if i can.

EDIT: nice, its a resource, just give credit, basically =)

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 27 May 2007 - 01:11 AM.

#51 Daiyoukai Ramza

Daiyoukai Ramza
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:18 AM

Hey, noticing a few of you use this mod (and, my souba mod, too, for that matter...) anyone want a souba variant of...

Posted Image

^ This? ^

I have one done, just need to check permissions, again (I'm sure it was a resource, but, need to check..) and then package and relz, if i can.

Ooh, you're the one that made the souba mod? VERY nice work on that. I typically don't use japanese-derived weapons in-game, due to RP concerns (such weapons haven't 'fit' any of my character thus far.), but, if I had a character that wielded that type of weapon, you can bet that I'd be using the souba A LOT. The same goes a souba version of the above weapon. I say release it.

You Are a Ham Sandwich

Posted Image

#52 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:54 AM

@ Luchaire: I like the facial tatoos lots, but personally i think it would look better if the lines going down from eyes towards mouth are made shorter... ending not at the corners of the mouth, but halfway there. (Hmm i hope that made sense). And wow... can't get over how pretty your characters are :)

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#53 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:47 AM

Ooh, you're the one that made the souba mod? VERY nice work on that. I typically don't use japanese-derived weapons in-game, due to RP concerns (such weapons haven't 'fit' any of my character thus far.), but, if I had a character that wielded that type of weapon, you can bet that I'd be using the souba A LOT. The same goes a souba version of the above weapon. I say release it.

Aye, that'd be me =)

I'm very glad you like it! I've honestly never understood why people love it so much, really. Its a really simple edit, imo =) But, it does make me very glad to see people getting some kind of use out of my stuff! =)

I'll just put this baby in-game.. test it a little.. then upload =)

there's actually a lot more souba variants that I'm working on, really =) Wakizashis, tantos.. offhands.. an ebony blade souba.. (and, basically the various different materials of this, too, with the possible exception of the forged one. (the ebony blade was used to make "kodachi"s in sevarian's akaviri imports mod, where I've gotten the textures from =) ) ) a goldbrand souba, as well, again, the different materials (the original wakizashi's from sevarian's katana were a smaller goldbrand, and the tantos were also made from goldbrand, so, again, I have textures for all but the forged variant, which I shall attempt to make)

The Goldbrand and the Ebony Blade meshes are done, by the way =)

I also have a new Daedric Katana, Its a mesh edit, editing the akaviri katana to be more... daedric-like, sadly, this one has a new uv-map, so, I can't use the daedric katana textures from sevarian's akaviri import resource =)

AlienSlof was going to take a look at a texture for me, though, so, here's hoping she ends up doing one =)

I'll also be making a souba variant of that katana, too. =P

A final thing I'm planning.. well, I have one done, but.. I want to do it again from scratch, is a meteoric iron katana, and, again, a souba variant =)

This is waaaay off topic for the comments thread, though :<

Sorry about that, guys!

Edited by Kaelis Ebonrai, 27 May 2007 - 02:48 AM.

#54 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:35 AM

@ fyrefae - Great shots! And welcome to the nuthouse. :) :devil:

@ Cosmic-Banana - Those tatooes on his back look like wings. very cool. BTW - why is it that every time I see your name I hear the "Bananas in Pajamas" theme song? :whistling:

@ Treetop Smoker - Looks like Sakura has a lot of heart. ;)

@ Soul Slayer - enjoying the story :coolthumb:

@ Luchaire - Cymbro looks good, though she looks more Polynesian than Nord. :)

@ VanOa - Very interesting angle on that first shot. :new_thumbs:

@ Shadow' - You tryin' to steal the harem? HUH? HUH? Are ya boy? *Takes out lightsaber*

*ignites double-bladed lightsaber*
You wanna make something of it?
*prepares to go Darth Maul on Hector*

:P

Outside with that lightsaber tomfoolery yyou 2! We just had the floors cleaned in here and I'm not gonna want to mop up all those muddy footprints again!!. (expecially not Hector's...)

Not sure where to post, so I'll post this here - I'm sorely lacking in sleep, so not much onlineness today - but look at the draft of SCOOP that khayman's worked up:

http://s.comtraya.net/t/scoop_01.png

I love it. What do y'all think?

EDIT: DOES NOT SHOW ALL CATEGORIES simply because it's a draft mock-up thingy. They'll all be there in the end. ;)

Looks good. I'll have to go read through that thread again. :)

She looks different enough to not be the same perosn, yet similar enough to definitely be related.

Hey everyone! I finally figured out what was causing that "patchwork pussycat" khajiit! Get this... it was a loading order issue. I can't believe it didn't occur to me to switch the load orders of roberts and beautiful people. :crazy: Ah well, at least my khajiit look... ya know, normal. Well, as normal as a 6 foot bipedal cat-man can look.

EDIT: Also, I apparently edited the wrong mod, initially... D'OH! Oh well, now I've got a working load order AND non-screwy khajiit... HUZZAH!
<snip>

Excellent! This means that load order was probably the problem I had with Roberts when I tried useing it way back when. Though I didn't get xcrewy Kajiits, just inviso-groins on all the males when they were sans trousers. :whistling:

Chiglet :ph34r:

#55 Kaelis Ebonrai

Kaelis Ebonrai

The Nightblood Reigns..

• 294 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:19 AM

Not sure where to post, so I'll post this here - I'm sorely lacking in sleep, so not much onlineness today - but look at the draft of SCOOP that khayman's worked up:

http://s.comtraya.net/t/scoop_01.png

I love it. What do y'all think?

EDIT: DOES NOT SHOW ALL CATEGORIES simply because it's a draft mock-up thingy. They'll all be there in the end. ;)

I love it! =D

Looks really cool, in my opinion ^__^

#56 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for the kind words gang.

The order of my shots got messed up. You'll have to look at most of them going from bottom to top (darn thumbnails).

Yeah, I've found that I have to upload my shots in reverse order to get them displayed in the correct order.

Great shots, the nap shot is my favorite. :woot:

*snip*

Nice shots. :cheers:

*snippity*

Great action shots.

Looks good, although the tats look a bit too "busy" to me.

*snip-o-rama*

Nice, love the Oblivion gate shot.

drool, I mean *snip*

Love what you've done with the place, the new carpet looks great.

*snip*

The randomize button is your friend, keep clicking it until you get a base face that you are mildly happy with, then edit it from there.

So THAT'S where my keys went...

Hey, you could poke someone's eye out with those things. :ROFL:
Nice shots.

*snip*

Love the scenic shot, but, you probably already knew that. :cheers:

*snip*

Beautiful, the white dress looks perfect on Sapphire. :cheers:

Edited by Soul_Slayer, 27 May 2007 - 05:51 AM.

#57 Daiyoukai Ramza

Daiyoukai Ramza
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:10 AM

<Godzilla vs the Snip>

*snip*

The randomize button is your friend, keep clicking it until you get a base face that you are mildly happy with, then edit it from there.

<I'll take a burger with a side order of snip>

I do that, but... well, I've never seen a randomized redguard face that didn't make want to claw my own eyes out. It's the only race where I actually prefer to work from the 'basic' starting face. In any case, I've managed to tweak her face since that post of mine, so it's a bit more pleasing to the eye, in terms of facial structure. The eyesbrows are still pretty obvious, but the newly tweaked face make it less irksome. Thank you for the response, though.

You Are a Ham Sandwich

Posted Image

#58 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

<SNIP>

She looks very nice. Good job on that tattoos :) :clap:

#59 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

@Zombie216: Nice Wolf elf you have there :D To bad shop owners dont know how how good a nice bone is to gnaw on :lol:

Yea i know. Elise then thought maybe the store owner would've perfered meat, so she brought her some venison. she still got kicked out :crying:

#60 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:09 AM

Shameless Plug

@Daiyoukai: Are you using my Better Redguards mod? You might find it a lot easier to make an attractive redguard if you do. That's why I made the mod in the first place - redguards and FaceGen normally don't get along well. As for the eyebrows, they can be made much thinner and less obvious also using BR because of the darker base texture, which gives more wiggle room for thinning and lightening without weirdness. added bonus: eliminate the anti-moustache that happens to female redguards where the upper lip area is distinctly lighter than the rest of the face). Example.