Modding Playground

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 Michael

Michael

NullCascade

• 116 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

Having caught up with classes and my move half way across the United States, I'm getting back to work on the site.

One thing I have thought about doing is changing the site to focus more on the BiG World Project's installer - generating the code for the .bat file based off of the component selection instead of a SMM-based install.

Looking over the code again, tweaking a few things... then I need to catch up on updated mods, and make sure correct versions are assigned.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Rants? Is there still interest for such a thing?

The '3 character minimum search length' prevents some modders from being searched for (as their nick is 3 characters long).

I'll make a configurable exception list to the rule for that later.

EDIT: Also, perhaps making a new topic for future development may be better... perhaps in the Mega Modification Help forum?
EDIT2: Planned feature: Added user logins. Logging in will allow you to set your generic location (for IEGMC mirror selections), and operating system (for non-Windows mirrors). Possible translations available in future versions.

Edited by Michael, 09 September 2008 - 10:19 PM.

This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

What is IEMI?

Please provide feedback on IEMI.

#82 Michael

Michael

NullCascade

• 116 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

Discussion has been moved here, as this doesn't link to the main purpose of this thread... and, well, it seems to at least deserve its own topic.
This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

What is IEMI?

Please provide feedback on IEMI.