TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#2 -Radagast-

-Radagast-

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

Hi there, Was kinda hard to find the forum here cause most searches in google and other forums had only dead links to dead forums :S

Anyway since i found it there is a bug in the arena pit fights that I have with 2.1 version of the mod. I think this is an old bug though i did quite some research and found no solution to this so any help appreciated :P

I have the blue circles bug in the arena fighter pit fights. ( southern pit for me)
All the players including the fighter going in the pit have a blue circle around them so i cant control anyone and the enemy fighter almost always locks on kivan outside the pit and attacks him so the fight never ends unless i cheat... Some kind of script error it seems or mod conflict. Any solution to this yet?

Radagast

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

Can you post your weidu log, the weidu.txt file in your SOA directory so anyone can see the possible conflict. Better to post it in the topic I started In MegaMod help under RoT arena help?!

Edited by Hoppy, 01 August 2007 - 08:30 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 -Radagast-

-Radagast-

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

Can you post your weidu log, the weidu.txt file in your SOA directory so anyone can see the possible conflict. Better to post it in the topic I started In MegaMod help under RoT arena help?!

Ok i answered there so anyone who is interested for this rot arena bug follow the link :

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=28438

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:20 PM

Ok i answered there so anyone who is interested for this rot arena bug follow the link :

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=28438

I would imagine this problem has to do with the fact that the override script of the cres has been changed by BP to BPWTSIGT.bcs from the original WTASIGHT.bcs so the arena fighters aren't reacting properly. Another issue as far as they attack the party members outside the arena can probably be resolved by finding the location of player 2-6 in the RA4300.bcs and re-locating them slightly further away from the edge of the arena so the fighter will recognize the party member in the arena as "nearestenemyofmyself" instead of a party member outside the arena.

It takes a village...

#6 -Radagast-

-Radagast-

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

I would imagine this problem has to do with the fact that the override script of the cres has been changed by BP to BPWTSIGT.bcs from the original WTASIGHT.bcs so the arena fighters aren't reacting properly. Another issue as far as they attack the party members outside the arena can probably be resolved by finding the location of player 2-6 in the RA4300.bcs and re-locating them slightly further away from the edge of the arena so the fighter will recognize the party member in the arena as "nearestenemyofmyself" instead of a party member outside the arena.

So what are u suggesting that I should try using again the old WTASIGHT.bcs?
Finding the location of players in RA4300.bcs and changing it to make them appear far away doesnt sound very easy for me to do :S Not a programmer yet so any clarifications are welcome :P
Thanx for the suggestions anyway i might try using the old file.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

The problem is not the script of the fighters. If your character is blue it means they are unselectable meaning no action. Whether the hostile fighter attacks the wrong people is not a big issue, it's the fact that you can't engage the fighter in combat resulting in a neverending battle. In my adventure if I cntrl+y the first 2 or 3 the next ones seem to attack my fighter properly but I can't do any action! What opcode is responsible for making a player character blue? In this case, players 1-6 are idle. If we can find that opcode in the BCS to change at least player 1 to be moveable, then we will have it. Trying to find it in Near Infinity now.
Any thoughts?
Wish me luck
Hop
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#8 -Radagast-

-Radagast-

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

The problem is not the script of the fighters. If your character is blue it means they are unselectable meaning no action. In my adventure if I cntrl+y the first 2 or 3 the next ones seem to attack my fighter properly but I can't do any action! What opcode is responsible for making a player character blue? In this case, players 1-6 are idle. If we can find that opcode in the BCS to change at least player 1 to be moveable, then we will have it. Trying to find it in Near Infinity now.
Any thoughts?
Wish me luck
Hop

I searched a little the bcs file through infinity and the bad is that there are way way lots of entries about making the whole group unselectable in arenas which means that it will be hard for us novices to fix it :S Any expert willing to help?

Whether the hostile fighter attacks the wrong people is not a big issue, it's the fact that you can't engage the fighter in combat resulting in a neverending battle.

Let me disagree on that cause id really like to experience the game like it was real and id prefer to fight the other warriors "FAIR" style and that means with them retaliating my attacks and not just stand there.
Ye its a neverending combat but since Ctrl-Y is a solution it is the same for me if the hostile fighter never attacks my arena warrior cause both ways are "cheating".

If we can find that opcode in the BCS to change at least player 1 to be moveable, then we will have it.

Its not just player 1 its the player "in arena at that moment tbh" , and the hostile's fighter intentions of attacking wrong people ofc.

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Moving the other players is easy to edit in the script. My goal at the immediate moment is to be able to gain movement control and attack for our principal character to do battle. I experimented with a couple things and got the fighter to first go for the outside guys but then change his mind and go for me. Could not retaliate at all thus making my experiment worthless. Removing the MakePLayer Unselectable did nothing. Also changing the # from 999999 to some other numeral might help.

- King Diamond

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:38 AM

Radagast fixed it here

- King Diamond

#11 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:00 AM

Character(s) die when being teleported out of the city of the Gragha

Edited by Azazello, 10 July 2008 - 05:10 PM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#12 -Dunkan-

-Dunkan-

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

I'm going to make a fresh mega mod install with RoT. Can you please tell me what things I need to change in BAF files before RoT installation to fix problems in arena? I know that I can do it after installation in BCS files but I don't know how to use tools to decompile them etc. Also simple editing BAF in notepod is faster and better method for newbies like me. I hope you can help me or even upload correct BAF files :)

Thanks in advance!

#13 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:00 AM

Bug with Drizzt. Drizzt is given 5 stars with Two Weapon Style, this is gives worst THACO than 3 stars. I think it should be lowered to 3 stars.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#14 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

OLMGUAR1.BCS changes the name of the Olmar guardian after the battle and acquired stronghold to "you leave the torch for now.....etc" and can be easily fixed by changing the BCS to look like this

IF
	Global("DeadPeple","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("ChangeName","LOCALS",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetName(30115) // Guardian
		SetGlobal("ChangeName","LOCALS",1)
END

Cheers bugzappers!!

Edited by Hoppy, 21 April 2008 - 05:21 PM.

- King Diamond

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=266533

Azazello's Cadderly BCS fix is here and probably can go into the next version.

How do I link to the post instead of the topic?

EDIT:I think that link should go to post #17. I don't know if other fixes in that topic are also needed for 2.1 still. Just wanted the Cadderly BCS since a lot of people are looking for it and not finding it.

Edited by Hoppy, 23 April 2008 - 12:33 AM.

- King Diamond

#16 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

I don't know... That Cadderly fix doesn't seem to be needed for everyone. In fact, I'ld love to learn why some peep needed and some don't. I thought it was due to my using Baldurdash, but that's like blaming BP for every bug in someone's megainstall - a likely suspect but not necessarily the guilty party.

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:22 PM

I don't know... That Cadderly fix doesn't seem to be needed for everyone. In fact, I'ld love to learn why some peep needed and some don't. I thought it was due to my using Baldurdash, but that's like blaming BP for every bug in someone's megainstall - a likely suspect but not necessarily the guilty party.

Not sure why but you are pitching a perfect game with that edit as it always works.

- King Diamond

#18 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

OLMGUAR1.BCS changes the name of the Olmar guardian after the battle and acquired stronghold to "you leave the torch for now.....etc" and can be easily fixed by changing the BCS to look like this

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
END

Cheers bugzappers!!

I've not find such a file in the unpacked RoT directory. Could it be that I must RoT installed first to get this file?
Have someone this file, so I can make this fix?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#19 -Hoppy-

-Hoppy-

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
END

Cheers bugzappers!!

I've not find such a file in the unpacked RoT directory. Could it be that I must RoT installed first to get this file?
Have someone this file, so I can make this fix?

Greetings Leomar

#20 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

Woopsie :whistling: . Just one of those days.

Leomar,
look for OLMGUAR1.BAF in the RoT\BAF folder. It says

SetName(63273) // Castle Guard but it ends up being really messed up every time. So maybe the TP2 needs to be changed?

- King Diamond