• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 01:42 AM

Hi Dorotea!

I have a small question here with me (actually, this one bothers me for a while..)
I know this has been discussed before, but isn't there ANY chance that you will make a version, where Irenicus won't be a party add-on, but will work with the party just like Bodhi and Balthazar does? Somehow dropping one party member doesn't seems good to me - if that NPC is there till the last battle, it is for a reason, and that character should have a great importance for the party. Irenicus is an extremely interesting and fine add-on, but why not make him a controllable, but still independent ally? This way he could use his abilities more efficient (no matter how well you play him, his original ToB Ascension performance seems unbeatable to me compared to a player-controlled mage) and one could avoid losing another important party member.
The original version (where he actually JOINS the party) should be there as well for anyboby who likes that idea, but please, if you don't find it too much of a nonsense, give your mod an option where Irenicus joins you in the fight but won't join the party!

Please consider this request and keep up your excellent work!

TGM
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:23 AM

Chuckle. I am afraid this is not going to happen any time soon - simply because right now I am working on the expanded version of Irenicus in the party - the one when you can get him right after Sarevok approximately, and have him for entire ToB.

I hope this way he will make more sense as a permanent party member and the new mod will eventually replace the Redemption , as it will have an option of having Ascension ( or not) and also will have a separate case of having Jon just for the last fight.

My position on it was stated quite clearly - Redemption is a role-playing mod, not a power-gamer add-on. If you want to reform Jonny you have to make a sacrifice, since the only way it can be believable enough, is in fact if you take him into the party permanently. If you want him as a power tool only without redeeming him - wait until I release the Longer Road.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:17 AM

Understood. Then nothing is left, but to wait for the Longer Road.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.