Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
219 replies to this topic

#21 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

VanQa - I love the coloring in the shots of Aurora. Honestly, she's my least favorite of your characters so far though (perhaps it is just the race itself). She looks spectacular from the sides, but something about the front view is offsetting. Perhaps the eyes could go a bit farther apart? Or the cheekbones be either thinner or lower? That being said, the pictures are gorgeous as always - with her all golden & the background all blue & misty.

Posted Image

Thank you for the comment :) I've tweaked a bit, but can't get it much better then this :)

:clap: Actually, that's now perfect, in my eyes. I love the darkness around her eyes, and the cheekbones don't look so harsh now. Beauteous! And to me she still looks unique, too - as do all your characters!

@ Soul_Slayer - you're very welcome.

#22 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:22 AM

:clap: Actually, that's now perfect, in my eyes. I love the darkness around her eyes, and the cheekbones don't look so harsh now. Beauteous! And to me she still looks unique, too - as do all your characters!

Yay ! Thank you ! Sometimes this sort of comments help incredibly loads to make it better, cuz i saw that awkwardness you saw too but couldn't discover where exactly the oddness was (prolly cuz i had spend hours watching the screen fiddling with the sliders. Damn the Mazken and Aureal have very ugly noses!!!)

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#23 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:16 AM

@ Spike - Cool story, I especially liked the crack about the eyes glowing in the dark. You have a real knack for infusing personality into your characters. :new_thumbs:

Spike4072 - Love your characters, as always - like greatfool1 said, your characters always have such character! :P I must say, I do miss Luna though. Of course, I also miss SeV's Jade, so perhaps I'm just suffering from an attack of nostalgia.

I will try to get some more Luna shots :D

#24 Von Stahlriven

Von Stahlriven
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

Von Stahlriven - First off, that is a bad-ass outfit! Love it, esp on your character there. Great shots, really. Did you do anything special to get her all lit like that, with the background still dull and unlit?

Thanks. ^_^

The lightning in those shots is untouched really. The only lightning in that room is a small bunch of candles just short distance away from the view. That room is located in Jerall View hotel in Bruma if you want to see it yourself. ;)

I have developed a slight problem to find suitable lightning conditions for screenshots you see... :blink: That's why I dont post much screens...
"I'm invisible, now I'm certain." - Von Stahlriven.
My screenshot Gallery.
My DeviantArt Stuff.

#25 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

Von Stahlriven - First off, that is a bad-ass outfit! Love it, esp on your character there. Great shots, really. Did you do anything special to get her all lit like that, with the background still dull and unlit?

Thanks. ^_^

The lightning in those shots is untouched really. The only lightning in that room is a small bunch of candles just short distance away from the view. That room is located in Jerall View hotel in Bruma if you want to see it yourself. ;)

I have developed a slight problem to find suitable lightning conditions for screenshots you see... :blink: That's why I dont post much screens...

If you're not doing all sneaky stuff, and just want some lighting, sometimes a light spell is good enough - just change the light spell to use the torchlight. Or, use the droppable lit torches - you can drop torches all around your character!

#26 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

God, your character is hot.

#27 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

Great shots everyone!

I'll be posting some screens shortly! :D

#28 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hi everyone <3 Sorry I've been away for so long. The shots looks amazing as ever. I see I missed a whole ruckus over some new Ren hairs, but that's probably a good thing. Unfortunately, I have just done something incredibly stupid to mess up my facial textures and I can't work out how to fix it, so no screens from me for a while.

Shamanih: *holding face and wailing* I'm melllllting! MELLLTING!! Plus, Martin looks like Kevin Sorbo with the plague.

:( Oops. I'm going to have a lot of brownie points to make up after this.
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#29 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

Rumms- When that's happened to me before, I've reinstalled whatever facial texture mod I was using, and re-ran archive invalidation thru obmm, and all's been fixed right up. In fact, sometimes just re-running archive invalidation's done the trick.

Though, personally, I'd like to see this Kevin-Sorbo-with-the-plague version of Martin. :P

#30 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image

God, your character is hot.

Thank you. :cheers:

#31 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

By the gods...
You guys have to stop making me feel so left out with those screens. :P

Seriously though, amazing job everyone. Please keep the screens coming.

As for me, I still won't be posting any for awhile. I'm going through a pile of games ATM:

Vampire The Masqurade: Bloodlines (PC)
Jade Empire (PC)
Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3) (This game is not as bad as the reviews say)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
Odin Sphere (PS2)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)

Some I've beaten by now, some I'm just starting, and I will eventually be going through more (blame my Gamefly account for access to the non-PC titles :lol:). Yeah, I'll be away from OB for awhile. :lol:

@kalia: HI! Good to see you are able to take time to post. You always brighten up the place when you do. ^_^

Well, I'm out. Keep Posting! *dissappears ninja style*
~Shadow

EDIT: New Sig FTW

Edited by Shadow', 05 July 2007 - 03:36 PM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#32 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

Rumms- When that's happened to me before, I've reinstalled whatever facial texture mod I was using, and re-ran archive invalidation thru obmm, and all's been fixed right up. In fact, sometimes just re-running archive invalidation's done the trick.

Though, personally, I'd like to see this Kevin-Sorbo-with-the-plague version of Martin. :P

That's what I thought. I'd hoped that'd fix it, but it didn't :( I really don't know what I've done or how to fix it, and I really hope I haven't lost my favourite face :( Bosmer use Imperial textures, don't they?

As for Martin... :lol: I'm trying to get him back to this. You don't even want to KNOW what he looks like now!
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#33 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

@ Gwen - :ROFL: Oh, that is GREAT! Ah, priceless!

#34 Von Stahlriven

Von Stahlriven
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

@ VanQa: Funny stuff! :D
"I'm invisible, now I'm certain." - Von Stahlriven.
My screenshot Gallery.
My DeviantArt Stuff.

#35 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

Exnem's new modding community

The Elder Scrolls Eye Candy

Register for future benefits :cheers:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 05 July 2007 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

Okay its high time I commented on all these pictures.

Wonderful pictures everyone, they always seem to be getting better and better.

And now with that done I'm off to bed, good night all.

What? You actually wanted more than that? Good grief....

Page 1

Floydian 1: I really like how you managed to combine items ment for Bab, Exnem, and normal oblivion all in one picture :)

highpressure: I agree with you on that something is a bit "off" with the whole hair thing. Oh and where did the boots in that picture come from?

Soul_Slayer:
Those wings look really neat being transparent though I'm a bit surprised your not even wearing your own armor anymore :)

jackmix69: How did you manage to import the texture? I was unable to do anything with the texture files from overlord due to the strange file format

sanityCheck: I really like the lighting in the Cave Exploration picture (is that an Albino rat behind you? :) )

VanQa:
She looks great! The skin color fits the armor perfectly

Floydian1: I know its not the intent but in the first picture there it looks like the dagger got tangled up in all the rings and chains :lol:

Treetop Smoker: Great group pictures, I have been using the Ramy's Efant as well and they are one of the most unique companions I have yet seen :)

Darziak:
Nice SI screens, I really like the last one

Spike4072: I am really enjoying this story you have. How did you get the eyes to glow with the rest of the screen black?

highpressure: :( :( :( :(

Chiglet: Rupert....eyes burning...pain.... (just kidding) I really like those 2 sunset shots and the 5th thumbnail

cyborgakadjmoose: Shivering isles is just full of nice people isn't it? :)

cyborgakadjmoose: :doh:

Floydian1: :( :( :(

Floydian1: Holy (or unholy not sure which yet) that first picture is awesome

Von Stahlriven: wow nice outfit, what is that made up of?

Floydian1: okay id have to go with holy on this one :) That dress come from bab right?

Page 2

Soul_Slayer: Did you make that retexture or did I miss yet another awesome looking item for Exnem's?

Rogue Sun: Now that is an amazing looking night sky :)

Chiglet:
That reminds me of my attempts to change the texture on race :) (only i never actually did it...)

Chiglet:
Well that retexture of the Dark brotherhood armor is interesting :) (the one on Bast) Of those 3 I personally like Bast the best.

Chimera:
Do you use IFT or natural faces? I just noticed they look a tad blotchy

fyrefae: We seem to be having a rush of male Dremora around here :) Great looking character

Floydian1: Okay that is an awesome looking dagger, where is it from?

Grimbot: wow you sure have a lot of different armor and weapons in your pictures (not to mention characters) I really like all those mass combat pictures you have

Floydian1:
Random Awsome pictures are always good in my book :)

Flucidity:
Your character looks quite Regal (the oblivion one that is ;) )

VanQa: Thats a really cool wallpaper, did you use any editing or is that unchanged?

Soul_Slayer: I'm still quite curious what home that is :) I also must echo several other people, That character is beautiful :)

highpressure: Remind me to avoid that character on a late night walk :)

Spike4072: Okay that is cool, time to go hunting for that mod (I saw the WiP thread awhile ago but i didn't know it was out)

Floydian1: I think she is getting annoyed with the posing, she looks kinda ticked :)

highpressure: Woohoo my characters aren't the only ones who do strange poses in the middle of the road :)

Floydian1: That second picture looks really good, those wings fit perfectly

sanityCheck: That guar looks kinda cute actually (not to mention a bit shy :) )

Floydian1: How do you get the Flaming hands effect? IS that a spell from Midas magic?

Page 3

Rogue Sun:
Okay, I'm speechless, try gain next week after I have had time to recover from seeing that AMAZING picture

highpressure: I really like that blood elf armor though in my opinion besides being red it doesn't look at all like the Blood elf armor from wow

Soul_Slayer: See the second part of my last comment about your pictures :)

Floydian1:
More knifes! your characters really seem to like them...

Flucidity: I really like the first thumbnail, she looks quite pleased with herself

Chimera: I think i missed something, why is there a padlock on their armor? :)

Soul_Slayer:
Is that a retextured Widow dress? I was working on one of those :)

VanQa: Agreed that is a great comic, in fact most of Ctrl-alt-delete is (I'm completely addicted to it)

highpressure: Now that is one long sword :)

Floydian1: well its nice to see you have moved on from knifes but I don't think swords were the right direction for safety :)

Soul_Slayer: That first one is a great shot (yes i do mean both the arrow and the picture :) )

Darziak:
Nice lighting you have there, It looks like you stabbed the light

highpressure: What armor is that? It looks like a cross between Soul Slayer's Mithril armor and the Black luster set

cool only 3 hours, a short one.....*passes out from lack of blinking*

Edited by Karandras, 05 July 2007 - 09:01 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#37 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

Exnem's new modding community

The Elder Scrolls Eye Candy

Register for future benefits :cheers:

I did! Great forum btw.

You guys should register there. So says this ninja! :ph34r: :D

Really guys, check it out for all your Exnem needs.

My username there is Chaos Zero incase no one recognizes me. :)

@Karandras: Whoa! I salute you for taking the time to comment like you did. :)

Edited by Shadow', 05 July 2007 - 09:18 PM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#38 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

Soul_Slayer:
Those wings look really neat being transparent though I'm a bit surprised your not even wearing your own armor anymore :)

Soul_Slayer: Did you make that retexture or did I miss yet another awesome looking item for Exnem's?

Soul_Slayer: I'm still quite curious what home that is :) I also must echo several other people, That character is beautiful :)

Soul_Slayer: See the second part of my last comment about your pictures :)

Soul_Slayer:
Is that a retextured Widow dress? I was working on one of those :)

Soul_Slayer: That first one is a great shot (yes i do mean both the arrow and the picture :) )

I made the retexture on the bra, the panties were done by using the alpha channel from the White Lace panties.
Player House mod
Thanks. :cheers:
Yes, I call it the Blood Widow Dress (not a whole lot of imagination in the name, I know)
Thanks. :cheers:

#39 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

VanQa: She looks great! The skin color fits the armor perfectly

Thank you :)

VanQa: Thats a really cool wallpaper, did you use any editing or is that unchanged?

The only thing that got edited is the edge around the picture :)

VanQa: Agreed that is a great comic, in fact most of Ctrl-alt-delete is (I'm completely addicted to it)

it is quite addictive indeed :)
And i think Karandras deserves a :hug: for putting so much time in saying something nice about everyones pictures

Posted Image

#40 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

Edited by VanQa, 05 July 2007 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image