Photo

the BPv1-8-0 Wishlist

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Gaspare

Gaspare
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

Have you tried with some recovery program like stellar-phoenix? I had an HD failure a year ago and was desperate cause it was a 160Gb HD with all my important data among other things. I've tried this program and was able to recover almost all...

Try it or something similar before taking any hard decision!!

#42 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:11 AM

Even with the HD working he couldn't find time to work on BG anymore ...

Let's think about something new :rolleyes:

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#43 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for all the kind regards, I have managed to recover about 75% of my files from the dead hard drive, now I just need to sort thru thousands of files and figure out what they were. Sometimes it pays to have a disk of hacking tools handy and know how to use them.

Will try to keep everyone posted on the progress (my files and BP).

In all seriousness though, I think that SCS2 will blow BP out of the water if it compares any to the first SCS and SCSBGT.

#44 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:59 AM

Well that's good news! :cheers:

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#45 J Beau

J Beau
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

In all seriousness though, I think that SCS2 will blow BP out of the water if it compares any to the first SCS and SCSBGT.

Yeah ... but it doesn't have all the extra content that BP does.
Tempus fugit - memento mori
Time flies - remember death

#46 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:55 AM

Sorry guys but what's this scs stuff you're talking about? Any links? BP does contain more stuff and additions? Has anyone a small description for me?

I really don't want to try another mod just to find out that it contains even more bugs and (much worse) needs more hacking and weired installation procedures :wacko:

@Ronin: good news! Despite the bp stuff i couldn't imagine what it means to loose some really important material :crying:

#47 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

SCS is Sword Coast Strategems and works for BG1 TUTU but also I have heard it is available for BGT which can be downloaded here at SHS. Here is the site for SCS which gives the description for the TUTU component. The version here at SHS is the BGT compatible one.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#48 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:27 PM

I really don't want to try another mod just to find out that it contains even more bugs and (much worse) needs more hacking and weired installation procedures

In my short experience, SCS for BGT has been very good and bug-minimal. No "weired installation procedures" required, and because the mod is maintained by a team of modders, much easier to get things fixed when needed.

#49 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:07 AM

hmmmm, looks promising. I wonder wether it is better (sorry) than BP or if i may use it in addition to BP. Is that possible?
I plan to do a fresh install of BGT using only TS as an additional mod. So what works best for me?

#50 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:03 AM

SCSII is going to be for BG2. see more here: http://forums.gibber...s...54&hl=scsII

#51 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:20 AM

I am betatesting SCS II on BGT and so far it has worked flawlessly.

#52 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:28 PM

Thanks ronin and Salk, it looks like SCS II will be a winner. So will SCS I and SCS II be needed in a BGT install?

edit: I would like to learn more about the smarter dragons component and how that differs from BP

Edited by Hoppy, 04 September 2007 - 01:32 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#53 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

might be a dumb question, but is there any way of merging BP with SCS? since BP seems to be burning out, get that's got from it, and re-implement it?

BP was great, and still is, but if it's gonna be substituted for SCS, at least let the merit of it survive.

#54 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

SCS is closer to Weimer's Tactics, being the next step in Tactics evolution; whereas BP is an interpretation of W's Tactics, being more a divergence of Tactics.

I don't really see any merging.

#55 Rubberduck

Rubberduck
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:25 PM

I am betatesting SCS II on BGT and so far it has worked flawlessly.

Very well. Any chance of a release in a near future? At this point do you know anything of the installation procedure?
Will it work with BGT 1.05 which also should be released in the near future (i hope/guess).

Do i also need SCS I for a BGT game or will it be replaced by SCS II. I mean does the BG 1 part of the game also benefit from SCS II?

#56 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:33 PM

Very well. Any chance of a release in a near future? At this point do you know anything of the installation procedure?
Will it work with BGT 1.05 which also should be released in the near future (i hope/guess).

Do i also need SCS I for a BGT game or will it be replaced by SCS II. I mean does the BG 1 part of the game also benefit from SCS II?

SCS will not be replaced fully by SCS2, but some components of it might. Special compatibilty issues between SCS, BGT and SCS2 were not focused on yet. (but I think all will be perfectly compatible)

Edited by Gort, 04 September 2007 - 10:36 PM.

#57 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:05 PM

SCS will not be replaced fully by SCS2, but some components of it might. Special compatibilty issues between SCS, BGT and SCS2 were not focused on yet. (but I think all will be perfectly compatible)

Thanks for that tip Gort and it sounds like a good play. I am looking forward to the whole SCS 1 and 2 experiences.

One other question, will the other mods be able to be installed? Like DSotSC, SoBh and others for BG1 as well as mega mods for BG2?

Edited by Hoppy, 05 September 2007 - 01:10 PM.

- King Diamond

#58 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

I think all of it will be as compatible as it is possible. Though, you better ask the author, DavidW over G3.

#59 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

It is really sad to hear that this great mod is going to be left alone. I will probeably still be using it with my installs though , even if SCS 2 will be released because of much extra content which is in BP where SCS is as far as i know purely AI enhancing mod

#60 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

I can't believe my eyes.............. :blink: :wacko: :blink:

You guys, actualy think adding MORE POSSIBLE PROBLEMATIC issues to the game is the answer.

You know what,, .. Here I was a while back told to calm down that my opinion was wrong and out of place about the the real constant battle of finalizing a concrete game ,, all the while being told by EVERYONE here on this board that I was wrong that you weren't adding more stuff and that wasn't the cause for the bugs,,, and yet'

your doing it all again..right here right now, exactly what you said you weren't doing. Let me put it to you all in a way you might finaly understand...

FIX THIS FIRST THEN ADD AN ADDITION LATER THEN MAYBE you'll at least AFTER 6 years of FKN around,, have a complete game....HOLY FK .,.you guys are loosing your brains......

You all just refuse to see the truth that you have chase away one of the largest fan bases a video game has ever had over the past few years with all your fkn around,, saying 'NO WE HAVEN'T, NO WE HAVEn"T,, and yet here you are talking about doing YET AGAIN..

INCONCIEVEABLE..... UNRETRIEVABLY INCREDULOUSLY INSANLY STUPID..........

Time for a CHEVY CHASE FREAK OUT.

GOOD BYE........................no realy,,, your all dumb. You must be, either that or you just don't want to have a finished product, ever!