• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#61 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:56 AM

Wow, I imagine this will save SBB alot of time. :) Thank you.

#62 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

A few more bugs/comments:

1) Occasionally, I get a female "Can I help you?" soundset when clicking on Ril. My quess is that there is a typo in the soundset pointer flag. Maybe in the bantar section? I'll see if I can track it down.

2) Myth Drannor - Blodgett won't add to my party. I requested him from Ilewtharyn, he arrives , but doesn't add to party, just stands there neutral and won't talk to group.

3) When party returns from myth drannor to bridge district it is easily possible to have many more NPC's trying to be in party than the limit of 5. (I picked different NPCs for the side quest than I had prior to talking to Pel'ja.) I find this a very confusing situation. Managing equipment, dropping NPC's, ... I'd like to see a cleaner transition. Possibly either dropping NPC's prior to leaving with Pel'ja or leaving newly picked up side quest NPC's prior to returning to Bridge district. As it currently plays this transition doesn't flow well and creates conflicts.
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#63 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:43 AM

Thank you so much. I moved your post to our hidden workroom. You got mail.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#64 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

I have an update to that distubing bug about Blush not appearing in the Inn of Saltmarsh with Aesdale.

It appears that for female PCs, she shows up each time without flaw. I've tried successfully 5 times and its worked. ^_^
However, Male PCs are still experiencing the same problem. None of the 7 times I've tried with a male PC has Blush shown up with Aesdale after their 'lunch'. :(

My party consisted this time of: Rurik, Paraway, Dirbert and Shadow in that order. :)

Rurik offered to go back, and I accepted, so far everything is now running fine. But like I said before, she never appears for the male PC in all my trials so far. ;)

Oh and another thing which may constitute as a bug, the inn owner Particia, I'm able to offer her a parenting role for some girl which I have no idea comes from.
I haven't infiltrated the Umberleene Temple or anything. Of course, this only applies to female party members since they can only get so far with talks with the fat ***.
Sorry couldn't help myself. :)

Anyways, there's my report thus far...

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#65 -Methusalar-

-Methusalar-

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:02 AM

Jot is more of an Easter egg bug. He does have high XP but because he leaves as soon has he takes one successful hit, you have to be damn lucky to kill him immediately. I have done it with a magic arrow from Dirbert but that was my only time in about 100 attempts now. I know others seem to be more successful than me but for now I am leaving him at this high level.

Command does it! (combined with armour melt and another command!)

#66 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

1) Occasionally, I get a female "Can I help you?" soundset when clicking on Ril. My quession is that there is a typo in the soundset pointer flag. Maybe in the bantar section? I'll see if I can track it down.

OK , I did a little sleuthing. The Ril5.cre file is OK. The bug occurs in the Ril7.cre file. There are two links to soundsets that are the female "Can I help you?" . Last night we fixed this file but then realized we didn't save the fix. Will try again tonight.

Leahnkain, I am sending you some additional BAM fixes we made last night. Mostly centering of the BAMs. Althought I think the Rusty Plate Mail required some additional editing. [edit] Well I tried but couldn't figure out how to add attachement to the personal message so I will add an additional posting with the attachment for you to move to the workroom.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 07 September 2007 - 07:26 AM.

Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#67 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:48 AM

I have an update to that distubing bug about Blush not appearing in the Inn of Saltmarsh with Aesdale.

It appears that for female PCs, she shows up each time without flaw. I've tried successfully 5 times and its worked. ^_^
However, Male PCs are still experiencing the same problem. None of the 7 times I've tried with a male PC has Blush shown up with Aesdale after their 'lunch'. :(

My party consisted this time of: Rurik, Paraway, Dirbert and Shadow in that order. :)

Rurik offered to go back, and I accepted, so far everything is now running fine. But like I said before, she never appears for the male PC in all my trials so far. ;)

Oh and another thing which may constitute as a bug, the inn owner Particia, I'm able to offer her a parenting role for some girl which I have no idea comes from.
I haven't infiltrated the Umberleene Temple or anything. Of course, this only applies to female party members since they can only get so far with talks with the fat ***.
Sorry couldn't help myself. :)

Anyways, there's my report thus far...

The script for Aesdale and Blush appearing has absolutely nothing to do with your PC's gender. Personally I haven't seen this bug in months. However, for 0.42, I have redesigned the script so it shouldn't matter anymore.

As for the innkeeper, I wish I knew about that bug before I uploaded 0.42. Oh well, I will see about adding a fix for the next release.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#68 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

1) Occasionally, I get a female "Can I help you?" soundset when clicking on Ril. My quess is that there is a typo in the soundset pointer flag. Maybe in the bantar section? I'll see if I can track it down.

Fixed for next release

2) Myth Drannor - Blodgett won't add to my party. I requested him from Ilewtharyn, he arrives , but doesn't add to party, just stands there neutral and won't talk to group.

The script looks good. The only thing I see that might be an issue is that I check to see if this is the first time he has talked to you. So it may be that if you had talked to him at the inn in Oakhurst, this is being carried over to the recreated CRE file when he is summoned. As for as I know, that doesn't happen, but it is the only thing I can come up with. So I will change his dialog file to use a different condition. Hopefully that will fix this problem.

3) When party returns from myth drannor to bridge district it is easily possible to have many more NPC's trying to be in party than the limit of 5. (I picked different NPCs for the side quest than I had prior to talking to Pel'ja.) I find this a very confusing situation. Managing equipment, dropping NPC's, ... I'd like to see a cleaner transition. Possibly either dropping NPC's prior to leaving with Pel'ja or leaving newly picked up side quest NPC's prior to returning to Bridge district. As it currently plays this transition doesn't flow well and creates conflicts.

Yea, this is a serious problem. I haven't found the best way in this game to track every NPC and determine what to do with them during the jump to and from Myth Drannor. If you jump away from your party, they stay at that spot. Since you pick up possibly 3 more NPCs, you can now have a 9 character party. I need to remove the extras if possible. I also want to readd the lost NPCs back into the group when you return. So far, my scripts have been really buggy on this. I guess I have stepped away from it long enough that I might be able to attempt to fix it again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website