Bug List for 0.41a

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#41 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:09 AM

Hmm, the imp one is brand new. Congrats. *grumble.* I'll have to see why the dialog fails.

As for side quests, I am trying to keep some areas relatively open for future expansions by us and other modders. There are some quests in Saltmarsh. As pointed out, all of Mistmoor is a side quest. Also, we are working on adding some additional quests into Mistmoor once you solve the main quest.

Westgate has one quest at the warehouse. There isn't really much else here to warrant side quests.

There is a small village near the slaver fortress. I haven't finish this area yet but there are two little quests here.

As for Aesdale, you don't have time to move around because his script is set to talk to you immediately when you see him. As for the Blush part, I just made some changes the other day that should fix the appearing problem for her.

Rurik had a bad global variable which I just fixed. This effected his dialog in the shop. Not sure about dialog problems during chapter 1. He used to just say "What?". Something has changed.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#42 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:40 AM

I've just hit a really horrible bug. At the end of the Myth Drannor quest, Pelja teleports everyone back to the Vault. But once there, neither Ilewtharyn or Pelja have anything to say to you, and you can't escape the area. I've tried saving and reloading, and reloading from an eariler save, and I've completed Myth Drannor with no problems before. I'm not entirely sure what could be causing it. :blink:

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#43 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:58 AM

Is everyone in your party alive? Due to some dialog jumping between people, I check to make sure the whole party is alive before he talks to you. Otherwise, he "should" talk to you.

Classic Adventures

#44 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:13 AM

Ok I know this has appeared in another thread but here's another 'Lethal' bug as I've come to know them by.
I found this when going through today on a bug hunt so to speak.

When returning to the swamp after talking to the captian of Saltmarsh militia who got the council agree to an alliance against the Sahugain, the cutscene that ensues doesn't proceed anywhere, no one comes to talk to lord what's-his-name.

A fairly nasty bug in my opinion, just thought I'd post it here since it is an issue that desperately requires a proper remedy.
And I hope to see Blush sometime soon, that intro talk is very earie . ;)
(the one that happens when he reappears at the Saltmarsh inn after leaving with blondie priestess of Sune ^_^ seriously... R&R isn't meant to be so bothersome) :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#45 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:28 AM

Is everyone in your party alive? Due to some dialog jumping between people, I check to make sure the whole party is alive before he talks to you. Otherwise, he "should" talk to you.

Everyone's alive. The party is Rihn, Falastra, Althon, Ilhara and Vildamyr. I've used MoveToArea to move on though.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#46 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

Lysan Lurraxol you are probably the first person to tell me you have Ilhara in your group! What are your first impressions of her?

Ok I know this has appeared in another thread but here's another 'Lethal' bug as I've come to know them by.
I found this when going through today on a bug hunt so to speak.

When returning to the swamp after talking to the captian of Saltmarsh militia who got the council agree to an alliance against the Sahugain, the cutscene that ensues doesn't proceed anywhere, no one comes to talk to lord what's-his-name.

A fairly nasty bug in my opinion, just thought I'd post it here since it is an issue that desperately requires a proper remedy.
And I hope to see Blush sometime soon, that intro talk is very earie . ;)
(the one that happens when he reappears at the Saltmarsh inn after leaving with blondie priestess of Sune ^_^ seriously... R&R isn't meant to be so bothersome) :)

I think SirBillyBob has addressed this bug. I am glad you like Blush's intro. It was the first cutscence I wrote. Blush is the blondie priestess of Sune. So if you want to add her, you have to let Aesdale go on his date and pick them up togther. Althon who is also in the cutscence will be availible to your group soon. he is the best fighter of the game.(and probably the most fun to write)

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#47 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

aye, thought so guess i gotta thank both of ya then. ^_^

Now as for the Blush thing, there is a problem leahnkain.
She doesn't appear after they go on their little date. Aesdale is there, but after my male PC gives an introduction on his part, that's it. Aesdale joins, but Blush gets no dialog there, nor is she present in the room for that fact.

Now I'm unsure what to do from this point, she simply disappears and I even made room for two extra party members on the team. Aside from that I'm still hunting, so no guarantees this will be the last of 'em.

And our very weird fallen cavaliar still behaves as he should so no arguements there. :)
Although I do find the dialog of some characters very odd considering their alignment and class and so on. But that is NOT a bug issue so it has no place here.

Oh there was something that has bothered me, but it is more of an audio file problem. Its just some characters sound well, outta sync. so to speak, is there a thread around for that? Or a person I can inform about this minor yet slightly annoying issue?
Their voices are working fine as for normal functions, its just the recording of them sometimes doesn't show up well in-game.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Solar's Harper, 01 September 2007 - 09:27 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#48 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

Check the second floor of the inn, she should be there. Some people have reported having found her there. For some strange reason she is sometimes found away from Aesdale. As for alignment, it's based on second edition...everyone does match up once you let their storylines kick in you will see how or why some people behave as they do.(Blush is the only one who I beleive was questionable but if you read some of the older forgotten realms novels you will see other characters being duped as well.
Althon will start to try to corrupt you as the game goes on, you have a choice to help him or let him help you fall into darkness.
Which characters are having audio troubles? If you make a list then we can look into it. Althon's just got a new soundset and I haven't heard any comments about it yet...is it his soundset?

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#49 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

Well that's just the problem, I find Aesdale on the second floor of the inn. But Blush is nowhere to be found.

And I can't say nothing due to the above problem about Blush just yet, although she is one of those with a bit of sync. problem with her voice track. I'm checking through her dialog files to compare it to her alignement so far no problems on that ground so good work ^_^

I'll start up a thread away from this one for those sound issues, I'll compile that list I've got going and post later on. :)

~***~***~***~

#50 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

You might have to use a CLUA command to bring her in. This is strange because she always appears somewhere in the inn. Have you tried resting a day and then looking around to find her?

#51 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

Yep its the only way Aesdale reappears for me, well not only since i haven't waited the equivlant game time, but one or two rests usually get him there. Blush however, does not.

And yep, CLUAconsole command may be the only option at this point of time. Just thought I better raise this bug before another patch is released.

Edited by Solar's Harper, 01 September 2007 - 09:50 PM.

~***~***~***~

#52 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:15 PM

We are just about to release an update soon. I will email SirBillyBob about this.

#53 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:54 AM

Another update already? Wow, you work really fast :)
Will this be a patch or the 0.42 update? I can't wait to play the Palace of the Silver Princess.

Leahnkain, I quite liked Ilhara from what i saw in the short time I had her. She seemed very self confident, a little aloof and a little tragic. I think it's an interesting concept, especially since she has to deal with a new identity and culture shock.

#54 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:14 AM

The new update includes 4 new low level NPC's and Palace of the Silver Princess. It should be ready in the next few weeks.

#55 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:03 AM

Wow. I can't wait. :)

I think the encounter with Girana in westgate is broken, you can go into the barracks, but no-one has anything to say to you, which is a little unrealistic considering what's happened.

BTW Is Buranta in the city of Westgate or in one of the slaver fortresses?

#56 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:26 AM

I can't remember but I think she is in a slaver fortress. The one where you find Icar. Ilhara and Chaarna's feedback is useful to me because it decides if they will be a romance or not. Thanks for telling me your first impressions about Ilhara.
I think Sir BillyBob fixed Girana's dialogs already. Thanks.

#57 -Methusalar-

-Methusalar-

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

First of all thanks for what looks like an awesome mod so far! I've just returned from the tree/apple quest, so only just started but hooked already.

A few (very) small bugs:

-At the very beginning, I went straight into see Collette (at the first house you see) and she started going on about hoping I'd find the apples or somesuch. As I'd only just started, I had no idea what she was talking about. Is there anyway of giving her a different line until you've spoken to the mayor?

-(spelling) On the first map - Margie in her cabin is talking about the goblins and says something like 'They leave down in the hole' - presumably she means 'live'?

-When you're in the kobold camp and try and rest, you frequently get interrupted by neutral kobolds turning up.

-Jot the Quasit (the guard for the Dragon Priest Troll) can be killed for 6000xp. I assume this is left over from BG2 as it's a huge amount of xp for this stage and you only get 720xp (or something like this) for the Dragon Priest himself.

More to follow when I can!

#58 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

Jot is more of an Easter egg bug. He does have high XP but because he leaves as soon has he takes one successful hit, you have to be damn lucky to kill him immediately. I have done it with a magic arrow from Dirbert but that was my only time in about 100 attempts now. I know others seem to be more successful than me but for now I am leaving him at this high level.

Resting with the kobalds or resting away from them doesn't matter. Sleep encounters are based on the entire area. The appearing kobalds are guards, so they will bother you if you are friendly, but attack you if have already attacked the kobalds. The chance level for interruptions is low but for some reason, you can attempt three or more times in a row and still not be able to sleep here. I find the outer area better.

The intro that appears above your head does give you some indication that you are to go immediate to see the mayor. You don't have to, as you have already found out. However, yes the dialogs make better sense if you do.

I'll see about the dialog spelling error.

As for Girana, he is the only one in the barracks that will talk to you. I guess I need to move him closer to the door or have another enemy call everyone else over to start fighting you.

Classic Adventures

#59 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:42 AM

At the end of the Slaver Fortress, after killing Kessa, Blackthorn appears and spouts the same dialouge endlessly, repeatedly spawning werewolves.

#60 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

-(spelling) On the first map - Margie in her cabin is talking about the goblins and says something like 'They leave down in the hole' - presumably she means 'live'?

Actually that one can be translated two ways. One yes is live down in the hole, but that would assume they are not attacking, merely defending, which contradicts what "The Outcast" set them up to do for him. :)
Second is they leave that way after going on a minor raid, since I have yet to see them be responsible for anything really serious, except in the case of Targos in IWD 2.

Anyways in case this one has been forgotten about I'll put the lamp over it again. Ned what's his name in the haunted house, when he ****** you, he keeps intiating last chance to stay dialog, which was NOT pleasant as I ended up killing him with him still in the group, then reviving him, and kill him before he disappears just for good measure.
I'm certain this one has been up before, anyways, its under the microscope again so yeah. :)

Look foward to also seeing the expanding areas and character development, plus any new NPCs that may show up in the next patch. I think you guys have reached the equivlant if not more amount of joinable NPCs to BG2 and/or BG1, so congrats to you guys. :cheers:

~***~***~***~