Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#22 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

Lol, great!

But about your idea, I don't think I can come up with anything that fits - like I said, all my chars are lore-killing!
Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#23 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

leomorg -
I see the light at the end of tunnel here :]
Actually I have found one potential shot in your gallery that would fit Loading Screen template quite nicely - this one :] Alas the horse's hoofs are too close to bottom's edge ;]
I am an operator of my pocket calculator.
TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#24 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

By the way Trollf, would you prefer Shivering isles or Cyrodil shots?

Edit: okay my monitor doesn't seem to support any of the resolutions you gave (Oblivion crashes on launch) is 1280x800 or 1280x768 okay?

Edited by Karandras, 30 August 2007 - 02:08 PM.

Posted Image

#25 fyrefae

fyrefae
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

ooh exelent i love your loading screen mod i cant wait to see this one finished :new_thumbs: , if you like any of my pics then feel free to use them , i would be honoured actualy :)

#26 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

Karandras -
I prefer Cyrodiil, because I will make special LS for SI later. And 1280x768 is ok but make sure that you don't have NPCs fitting the whole screen because margins (top or bottom or both) will be cut.

fyrefae -
Thanks, I'll see what you have there ;]

Edited by trollf, 30 August 2007 - 02:47 PM.

TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#27 Lady Blue

Lady Blue
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

You can browse my posts if you'd like, though you might not find anything particularly interesting I think, but hey, you might, somehow... :ROFL:
I'll try to do some nicer ones now since I'm extremely bored ;)

Edited by Lady Blue, 30 August 2007 - 02:53 PM.

#28 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

Any questions? Fine. Let's start screenshoting, shall we? :]

@Trollf: If you want to use any of my images you can find my Imageshack Images Here.

Unfortunately, since I normally only screenshot in 1024x768, I don't have too many widescreen ratio shots. Although there still are a few shots that came out well despite this.

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 30 August 2007 - 02:54 PM.

A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#29 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

• 523 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

Double post...I know. But I now just realized I have 20 broken files.
Image-shack server 329 seems to hate my pictures... :(

#30 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

Okay I have come up with a few sample shots, do these fit the general type you are looking for?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Edit: Okay links should work now

Edited by Karandras, 30 August 2007 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

Alright here we go, these are just some shots that I thought might work.

27 (reduex)

D'oh, just read the "rules" Trolf posted. Oh well, some of my shots have wings (very few).

Edited by Rogue Sun, 31 August 2007 - 07:18 AM.

#32 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

Only the start but planning to make the place full people.

#33 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

• 523 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

Ah hell...I might as well post screens too...

Just a scenic shot in Bruma
Painting Version of above
Knee deep in the dead
A moment of reflection
Another prospect, how glorious...
With a stench as great to match...
Poor thing musta been stripped by wolves
Taken aback by the sword

Sword? Check. Dungeon? Check. Lets go...
Looking out at the Imperial City
Nightshot 3 WIDE
Nightshot 2a WIDE
Mine Fight
Carnage of a Pyric Battle

Are you still at it Ajira? This is worse than with the Smugglers...
Never seen a Necromancer afraid of death before
Assault on Cadew Chapel...
My fair Dunmer, give me the hardest Ale you have!
Ajira/Smuggler Sparing...
Gotta remember to stop getting blood on my books...

Random Skeleton Army
My first decap in a long time...

Through the door
Through the door closeup
Don't give me that look! Look what your trying to kill me with!
Rule #5 about facing me - I may get pushed to the edge...
It's freezing, and your standing there drinking Ajira? Unbelievable...
Scenic Ayleid dungeon
Nice kitty, I'm not arguing about you...
Being sneaky on a statue
Being sneaky on a statue closeup

Oh boy a Human! I will name him George and I will hug him...
And squeeze him...
And pat him and pet him and never let go!
Listen you, I'm not a...wait a minute...
Too tight! Choking! Ack...enough of this!
I ain't no Ogres plaything!
Heh, I guess he wasn't...ah forget it. This joke has run on long enough.
Let's see, carrots or onions first?
Brains!!!
Simply Reading a note...
Oblivion Factoid #1: Blue Glowie things are nice...
A Feast fit for a King...or a couple of friends at least
Random memoriable equipment shot
But once I got it in a hug, it calmed down alot...
Black bear says hello...

Random Scenic Shot
On the Edge of Stump!

If only there was more Open wilderness!
If only there was more Open wilderness 2!
If only there was more Open wilderness 3!
Traveling through Skyrim
Still lost...
But we push on...
For there are so many sights to see...
Forests to roam...
Marshes to...marsh about in...
Gone border Adventuring
Random Scenic Shot 2

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 30 August 2007 - 09:57 PM.

#34 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:58 AM

I'm running your loading screens trollf, very nice work on them, much better than the ones that came with the game. :cheers:
Feel free to use any of my shots you might deem usable. My photobucket album is HERE

#35 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:53 AM

O+O

I didn't expect such dedication here. I was underestimated you ^_^ I'm moving slower than you post here, I'm only at no. 10 post in this thread and just started to browse Hector's shots :]

Though I converted couple of shots from galleries of Darziak, Floydian and Karandras. Well, finally I have a time and chance to see all of your great pictures ^_^ Alas only few of those you have made until now fit into template I have. But they are very good nonetheless :]

In the meanwhile you can find all shot I have converted so far - here (these are from current galleries of Darziak, Floydian and Karandras). Well, it seems we need more particular shots made exclusively with Loading Screens in mind ;]

I will do everything step by step, so sooner or later I'll answer all your question and I'll write comments on shots you have posted here.

In the meantime I can give you another few hints, maybe you will hate me for that, but all of my screens are about details, sometimes I can throw out very good screenshot with a very minor thing I don't like in it O_o

I have found that when the screenshots are with distant and close waters visible at the same time only few water mods look acceptable in such shots (acceptable for me at least ;]). These are Default Water ;] Real Water and Enhanced Water which I recommend. Any other mods I tried produce weird and pesky line between close and distant waters - here's an example (this picture probably won't make it into the final version).

And one more thing. Quite important one :] (I feel almost killed by you here ;p)

Could you provide your screenshots with descriptions that will be visible as loading captions? O_^
Well, English is not my native language and I actually want to make this Loading Screens addon with the descriptions and I know that I'm not able to provide many descriptions even half as good as yours :]
You don't have to stick closely with TES lore. Some all-around description are a nice addition - but you have to remember that description must match action on screen :]
Example - If you make a shot with some NPC lying on the ground and some hill in the background then the description could say something like: "Jumping from high places can cause severe injuries or even death." You are only bound by your imagination here :] Funny or macabresque captions are most welcome ;]

I think this is enough for now, time for me to back to browse through some of the Hector's screenies... :]

Edited by trollf, 31 August 2007 - 03:55 AM.

#36 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

Okay a bunch more from me :)

Oooooh shiny...

I wonder what this does?

Hey! I know that guy!

Ancient spire

Door to the unknown

Unknown language

Underground flora

What does it mean?

Crystal cave
Posted Image

#37 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:30 AM

Don't you mind if I write few thoughts about almost each picture you have posted in this thread? What's good and what's bad from my point of view? And why particular screenshot (even great one) don't fit the template I have and my vision about this addon? :] I'm asking especially Karandras and Ryu :]

Edited by trollf, 31 August 2007 - 06:31 AM.

#38 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

Don't you mind if I write few thoughts about almost each picture you have posted in this thread? What's good and what's bad from my point of view? And why particular screenshot (even great one) don't fit the template I have and my vision about this addon? :] I'm asking especially Karandras and Ryu :]

That would be great, it is always good to be able to know where to improve :)
Posted Image

#39 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:39 AM

That would be great, it is always good to be able to know where to improve :)

That's the spirit! ^_^ Toast to him! :]

So, I start with your shots then ;]

Picture 1 - this one is quite good, you can see it converted here. I have only one complain though - it could be even better if she wear not so sexy and much darker clothes or armor. She could look like a thief, pirate or some sailor. Besides her body reflects too much light here and that's somehow unrealistic in comparison to foggy weather.

Picture 2 - Nice picture and that's all. It shows some character but it's not interesting at all for casual observer ;] Well, maybe except those boobies O_^ The point is I don't want to focus on characters! I prefer to have pictures that focus on situations, actions, activities. From this picture I have no idea who that girl is? O_O Knight? Thief? Alchemist? Or just... well, nevermind that ;] ^_^

Picture 3 - fitting ;]

Picture 4 - the same as Pic2 - no activity there and nobody (except you ;]) knows who she is. Besides those big leaves of grass are pixelated and rather "disturbing".

Picture 5 - Her pose seems "unnatural" and with those skimpy clothes such feeling is even amplified. Maybe another pose (more vertical), one thrown knife, second in the hand and preferably foggy forest than this bridge and we have an agreement ;]

Picture 6 - Hmm, that character is almost barely noticeable, blends with background - when the picture will be converted to Loading Screen we'll see actually only a bridge - and it won't be really interesting, methinks ;]

Ok, almost enough this babling ;]
Now, few all-around suggestions/advices.

1. If you post many great pictures of the same looking character, know this that only two or three of them will make into the finale. I'm aiming for variety here not quantity :] Try to change clothes, hair, look of your chars every few pictures - that will be the best option for me and maybe you will like it as well ;]

2. Avoid any sexuality exposed content (even mild one) where there's no need for this (example is that 5th picture of Karandras ;]) Though such pictures as "meeting of the lovers at the morning", "bribing with grace", "threatening but desirable sorceress" (who actually does something besides posing ;]) are a nice addition for this pack of screenies.
Make pictures more "modest" than you usually do ;]

3. Make THEMED pictures. Pictures that have some meaning. Not portraits or posing to the camera. There must be explanation of the content and situation in your picture. "Casual observer" should look at particular shot of yours and say "Ah, the thieves..." or something like that ;]

4. Please, when you make a picture and post a link to it here, add some caption to it. Such caption will be in final version under your loading screen. That will make my work much easier and this mod will be finished sooner than later ;] Thank you.

Edited by trollf, 31 August 2007 - 07:42 AM.

#40 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:43 AM

Point taken :) Hopefully the next batch will be more along the lines of what you are looking for. (As in the batch I have yet to make, upon review my second group group suffers from the same problems as the first)

Edited by Karandras, 31 August 2007 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image