Marital Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Liriodendron-

-Liriodendron-

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

I've finished the mod, and I loved it, but Kova and Kiyune didn't get married...or seem to like each other very much. I solved the case to the best of my admittedly limited mystery solving skills, and while Brega & Co. seemed satisfied the cowled wizard lot definitely wasn't and they still chased us. I don't know what I could do differently, but the next time I run this mod I really want to give these guys a happy romantic ending. Any words of wisdom?

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

Well if you solve the case too quickly they don't have time to get fresh with each other.

Assuming that you do not have a saved game from before the trial, you may want to load a game from before the Tree of Life, and set KKRomance global variable to 2.

Alternatively, you can simply set KKRomance to 2, and then use CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR2900") on the whole party :)

=========================

Still, the romance wouldn't make sense without them getting to like each other much.

For most cases, you should be able to use CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(64000) to get the timer to roll ahead. Assuming you are ahead in the case, but before attending the trial, this will work until the last conversation, which due to a bug keeps looping. So if you get to that conversation you'll know you're doing ok.

Many of the fun scenes like the Cooking Chats also occur in situations like Resting in the Inn, while the Fishing ones occur in Resting in the Wilderness but only when KKRomance is set to 2.

Edited by Zyraen, 10 September 2007 - 10:22 PM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

Off the side note, totally separate from relationship problems, there is an optional part 7 that you can do to get the Cowlies to stop chasing you ;) You'll need to have a contact to look for after the trial though. If you had already disposed of the contact in various ways prior to that, you won't be able to do part 7.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#4 -Liriodendron-

-Liriodendron-

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:27 AM

I hung around for a long time I remember, until they stopped saying anything at all, but I think that was after the trial finished. Also, I tended to only rest in inns rather than in the wilderness; I've got some bug that keeps crashing the game whenever I rest in the wilderness...at my wits end I'm about to give it a clean install to try to fix it. So, sounds like I should have left the trial until the very last minute, maybe, and try sleeping outside. Who am I supposed to meet after the trial to tie up the cowled wizard story?

#5 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:49 AM

You'll need to meet Dayven. If you missed their romance you can skip it by setting KKRomance to 2, but you miss how they get fresh with each other.