race restrictions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 toby_fowl

toby_fowl
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

Hi,
I have a question - is there a race restriction by this mod? Because I play with a half-orc (intelligence 14) and kill Mae“Var with Eddie in the party, but then nothing happens. Then I had the idea to change the race of my character to human and voilį it works! Is this only a problem by half-orcs or by some of the other races, too?

#2 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

Hi,
I have a question - is there a race restriction by this mod? Because I play with a half-orc (intelligence 14) and kill Mae“Var with Eddie in the party, but then nothing happens. Then I had the idea to change the race of my character to human and voilį it works! Is this only a problem by half-orcs or by some of the other races, too?

This is from the Readme -

You do need to start a new game of BGII for the Romance to start. For the Romance to run, your PC must be female, and have an Intelligence of 14 or above. There is no racial restriction. Edwin will be found where you normally encounter him in the game, in Mae'Var's Guild, and will join your party in the normal fashion. The romance proper will only start once Mae'Var is dead. Note: For the romance to start, Edwin *must* be in your party as you kill Mae'Var.

So you should be all right. Once or twice I had to reload to get the first Love Talk after killing MaeVar. If Eddie didn't say "So, now MaeVar is worm food..." then try again. Usually his dialog kicks in right away like I said, but once or twice it didn't. Your race shouldn't have mattered. Are you sure you didn't just need a reload?

#3 toby_fowl

toby_fowl
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:47 AM

I have try to reload several times and I make the fight, I think three times, but nothing...the lovetalk doesn“t appear until I change the race to human. Then he starts to talk with me directly after the reload of my savegame where Mae“Var was dead.

#4 toby_fowl

toby_fowl
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:18 AM

I have made a test and with female dwarves and female half-orcs the first lovetalk doesn“t start. Is there a possibility to use the CLUAConsole? Did anybody now a solution? If not, I change the race of my character permanently...

EDIT: Okay, I search the forum for this problems and find a solution. You have to create the variable EDWINMATCH and sets the value to 1 (with shadowkeeper). Then the Lovetalk appears and the other variables (romanceactive etc.) were created. :lol:

I hope it works normally yet and I can enjoy my Eddie-experience! :wub:

Edited by toby_fowl, 29 September 2007 - 04:41 AM.

#5 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

I have made a test and with female dwarves and female half-orcs the first lovetalk doesn“t start. Is there a possibility to use the CLUAConsole? Did anybody now a solution? If not, I change the race of my character permanently...

EDIT: Okay, I search the forum for this problems and find a solution. You have to create the variable EDWINMATCH and sets the value to 1 (with shadowkeeper). Then the Lovetalk appears and the other variables (romanceactive etc.) were created. :lol:

I'm honestly not sure why the mod would act this way - it was intended to work for all races, without editing. Has anybody else had this problem I wonder?

#6 toby_fowl

toby_fowl
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:11 AM

I only want to tell you, that the romance seems to work normally. I wasn“t sure if it was enough to create the EDWINMATCH variable, but it works so far!

#7 -Fogia-

-Fogia-

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

I had the same problem:

With my half-orc, int 14, female PC the romance did not start
With my Human, int 14, female PC the romance started

There is a race restriction, it could be a bug or a an error in the readme file.