948 replies to this topic

#21 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:12 AM

My good friend mm75,

I too hope that clearly only the advance players/installers should use something like this or any Mega Mod install (I have not tried it with the bat files to see how hard it is with them).

While i respect this work, really, i honestly don't see the point having so much mods together and moreover ... anyone can/should install what they want and find if a mod is compatible or not with another (or help to be compatible).

Why not???? :huh:

Looking at the installation instructions (they are very good), there are many mods I would not plan to install and some mods that I would install but not together (there are even suggestions not to install some mods with others). I have a few questions for L.W. but I think this install guide should become the standard, with players picking the mods they want to install and leaving the rest out.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#22 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:37 AM

Just different views mate...may be i'm too sceptic about this project. I said that the work is really great indeed but i have too experience in BG modded game that i won't trust any kind of MEGA (where mega is 100+ mods!) installations. It's just difficult to have it running without problem a single mod (a great one i mean).

LW job is awesome, but i fear about keeping update the list(s),installs and compatibility.

It's just my vision now ... i really hope to have a different opinion later :-) I repeat myself, i don' wanna offend or not consider this big project, quite the opposite, but i fear i can use it for a trustable MEGA install (it's the MEGA install at all i don't trust, not LW job).

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#23 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:55 AM

The guide is not mentioning SCS II, It's because completly incompatible or just not tested?

From what I am seeing on the SCSII forum it needs a bit more work before it should be included in the BiG World Project.

I agree: it's still beta, which isn't the ideal state for something that you're hoping to be pretty stable. I'd anticipate it coming out of beta around Christmas.

#24 CrowLord

CrowLord
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:25 AM

Im new, so just bare with me.

I really want to install this, but im not sure if my pc can handle it. Could Leonardo or anyone else who has got the 'BiG World THIRD edition' working tell me how much space on my hard drive this will take up.

My processor is 1.2 Ghz, and i can't remember exact graphics capability, but it can run ToB fine.

Cheers.

Also, i have some advice. If any of you guys has uTorrent or any other bittorrent client, you could it up there in one big torrent and make i much easier for people to get hold of. you could just stick a link to the torrent in the forum.

This should Rock

#25 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:16 AM

Please if you are new to modding stay out of this install for now. As far as i know the installation is bugfree but the game probeably won`t be and belive me you don`t want to know how many possible errors there may be. QWhen this install will be fully tested(i don`t think this will be fast - probeably a year or even more) it will be viable for everyone but for now when i will test it bughunting i don`t even want to think about how many times i will be banging my head against a wall when my game will crash again :). I`ll probeably try to use NI to eliminate some of those bugs and play further but with my limited modding skills i`ll probeably have to stop because i won`t find any way to bypass the problem that will arise...

#26 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

Anwers to your questions:

Q: Are we sure an installation (and game) like that works without any issue?
A: Don't expect the perfect solution! There may be a lot of errors. I had mentioned it already in the introductions: This should be a base for further developments.

Everyone can compose his/her own megamod with different mods and components based on these instructions. In the course of time we can repair all the arising errors step by step and the megamod gets better and better.
Is it not worth a try? I think the question should not be: "Is that possible at all?" but should be: "How can we make it possible?" But we need a standard for to know where to make changes to make one mod compatible with the others.

Q: The guide is not mentioning SCS II, It's because completly incompatible or just not tested?
A: It's not tested yet. It is not done only to install a mod at any place. The installation of an additional mod sometimes entails radical changes, so that a lot of mods must be differently arranged. And this lasts its time. It's planned for the next update.

Q: The versions of the following mods are newer than those in the guide
A: Thanks for the tip. All the same, at which time I publish the instructions, there will be always more topical versions of some mods afterwards. I will consider them with the next update.

Q: I find these two mods on the link list but not in the guide
14.20. Neh'taniel Alpha 2.1
20.11. Tashia v205g
Should i ignore them?
A: Ignore them. They are for the German installation only.

Q: 25.2. Chloe v1.2
I find a patch "ChloePatch-v12.rar" on this mod. Should this patch be applied?
A: yes

Q: I find that the section 19.5 is missing in the guide. Accoding to the download link post, that should be sword and fist v2.0.
A: It's from a former attempt. It's now under 22.7.

Q: Could anyone tell me how much space on my hard drive this will take up?
A: 19.0 GB for the complete SoA folder+ 700 MB if you install BGT-NPCSound-WeiDU + 2 x 2.0 GB if you choose the uninstall-component from mid_biff and end_biff + 2.5 GB for BG I.
The unzipped mods take place 3.21 GB and you need additional space for the backups.

@ aVENGER
Thank you for your reply. I will correct errors regarding Rogue Rebalancing with the next update.

@ all
Look here for links to missing mods: http://www.kerzenbur...ead.php?t=34931

#27 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

Bravo Leonardo! I have started reading your instructions for the second time now and have downloaded most of the mods. One thing is that the Anishai v1.2 is quite difficult to find through the links (no problem though as that was the only difficult one from the beginning through to the NPC mods in your mod install/download list)
If anyone else has hard time finding it, you may try here at a Russian site:
Anishai
The download is in the right column about halfway down in the description text of the mod.
Just wanted to let people know about that if they wanted it. I remember trying the link before at PocketPlane.net under One-day NPC's and the link led nowhere.

Great resource and the directions are quite clear as well as the links for the mods.
:cheers:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#28 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

Stickied.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#29 -golgoth-

-golgoth-

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

Anyone got a link for Worship the Unseeing Eye v1? I can find only v2, and i didn't understand if it's the same or not.

#30 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

You really don't want to install 'Worship the Unseeing Eye'.

High light to see spoiler:

Here:

It is a joke mod, you get blinded

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#31 --EarthquakeDamage--

--EarthquakeDamage--

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

You really don't want to install 'Worship the Unseeing Eye'.

Actually, IIRC it's more
Spoiler
or something along those lines. Much more annoying than
Spoiler

#32 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:30 AM

Ok thanks, then i won't download it :)

I just downloaded every file, im beginning the install process...! *crossing my fingers*

#33 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:05 AM

where did you find nej files? PM me the adress if you can

#34 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:30 AM

Ok thanks, then i won't download it :)

I just downloaded every file, im beginning the install process...! *crossing my fingers*

GOOD luck ... u need it :rolleyes:

mm75

PS: Dragonian: if u need them i have nearly everything from 2004 on regarding versions of mods ... the problem is just ... where/how can i send you 100+ MB files?

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 24 October 2007 - 06:31 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#35 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:34 AM

I skipped NeJ cause i couldn't find it anywhere (and unluckily i deleted it from my HD 2 months ago).

As for the 100+ MB files, you can split it in two parts and upload them on rapidshare!

#36 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

NeJ old versions
Here we have Vlad's opinion of the older versions of the mods. I am not sure if he is for or against us dealing NeJv4.2 amongst ourselves. That is something that should be taken gingerly or at least ask his permission, IMHO.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#37 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

NeJ2v42b + NeJ2v602 with the Baldur?s Gate Trilogy-Never Ending Journey 2 Compatibility Modification v 1 works well, it does not have all the content that the current version does. The BiG world project has info on installing it for the best results. Always read the readmes carefully!

What you do privately and quietly is alright. Just understand that Vlad does no longer support the older versions and never has supported installing with other big mods.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#38 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:32 AM

Hi, folks!

First of all, congratulations to Leonardo, because this is way more than anybody here expected!

I installed the Monster with nearlyall the components mentioned. Although the installation went through with no errors, I have problems, that make the Megamod unplayable. I don't think, it's a problem of the installation order, I think it is one or more mods, that have bugs.

1. Most NPCs don't start dialogues with me. E.g. Imoen, when I kick her out of the party. She doesn't say a word.
I have to talk to Xar and Montaron to start the dialouge. I have to start the dialogue with Garrik for the quest with Silke in Bergost. If I kill Silke, Garrick doesn't start his dialoguefor joining my party. I have to talk to him to start it. If I let Silke live and attack the other chars, she doesn't start her dialogue either.

2. Many Monsters and other enemies don't attack me. They just stand around and wait for me, to come near and attack them. They don't even follow me. Without BP installed the monsters attack me. But within 3 Megamods I never had problems with BP

3. Sometimes my NPC just stops attacking and stands around, waiting to be killed.

Does someone know which components of wich mods could cause this?
Probably it is scs? Which version do I have to use?

Could it be, that one of the fixes Leonardo made contains errors or causes errors?
Without BP installed The Monsters attackme, so probably there is the problem.

I backuped my installation after the Mid_Biff. This installation is corrupted, too, because the NPCs don't start the dialogues. Thisis why I think, that scs or another KI mod is responsable for this.

If anyone knows Where the problem could be, please let me know!!!

Thanks to all of you and good luck with the installation!

Marvin

#39 rpmaster

rpmaster
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:42 AM

1. Most NPCs don't start dialogues with me. E.g. Imoen, when I kick her out of the party. She doesn't say a word.
I have to talk to Xar and Montaron to start the dialouge. I have to start the dialogue with Garrik for the quest with Silke in Bergost. If I kill Silke, Garrick doesn't start his dialoguefor joining my party. I have to talk to him to start it. If I let Silke live and attack the other chars, she doesn't start her dialogue either.

I have the same bug - when i reform party, NPCs have nothing to say. I suspect that it is caused by BG1NPCv12 (and 14), because when i try the same install but with old (v11) BG1NPC, I dont have this problem

#40 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

That's the message I was afraid for. But I can not confirm your problems. I just checked it again - all works fine, I cannot recognize any problem. I think something went terrible wrong during installation.

I had two times a serious problem that appears during the install process using my primitive .bat files: Some mods had been installed as was intended, but suddenly they had been mistakenly deinstalled unnoticed. I don't know exactly when this happened, but I think it was at 21.8. Ding0's QuestPack. It is to be installed after Big Picture, but one component (General AI Improvements) has to be installed before SCS. So for any reason all mods had been deinstalled up to SCS and then reinstalled again. But BP cannot be reinstalled. I have remarked it in my instructions. If this happens, the whole installation is ruined!

You can check you WeiDU.log, whether this had happened. If you installed as me, you should have:

~SETUP-BATTLES.TP2~ #0 #19 // Knights of Dark Renown
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Correct various errors on race, class etc

and all went fine. But if there are no General AI Improvements here and it is installed together with the other Ding0's QuestPack components instead, then your installation failed.

Sorry for your troubles!