Photo

Problems with DSotSC and NTotSC in BG1 and BGT

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

Nadalin didn't give the salamander quest. I tried to speak with him after the catacombs of Candlekeep.Is there a proper time when must talk to him to get the quest? Even if I talked Skipper of the village and clear out the cave of salamanders. He only says:" Hello I'm Nadalin" or something like that and nothing else happen, he won't go back to th village either.

#22 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:52 AM

Nadalin didn't give the salamander quest. I tried to speak with him after the catacombs of Candlekeep.Is there a proper time when must talk to him to get the quest? Even if I talked Skipper of the village and clear out the cave of salamanders. He only says:" Hello I'm Nadalin" or something like that and nothing else happen, he won't go back to th village either.

I think you need to talk to him as soon as you get to the docks in Baldur's Gate. I'll check that part of my install when I get there.

It takes a village...

#23 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:52 PM

Did u kill all the fire salamanders and sirines? U need to speak with the fisherman and then go to Nadalin in the docks and he should give u the quest,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#24 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:12 AM

Yeah I did kill them all of them I went back and checked it. Only around the boat were sirines and only in front of the cave and in the cave were salamanders ? If not I missed some of them.

#25 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:43 AM

Yeah I did kill them all of them I went back and checked it. Only around the boat were sirines and only in front of the cave and in the cave were salamanders ? If not I missed some of them.

And did u speak to fisherman (or Nadalin himself i don't remember now) after killing those? If yes ... i'm sorry but i don't know what happened here. Moreover, if u find Nadalin at the Docks in BG it means that he should be ready to talk to you.

mm75

#26 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:17 AM

as far as i remember you had to talk to him before actualy killing the sallamanders if you didn`t do that you`ll have to set a global by CLUA

#27 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:05 AM

After I've finished the Candlekeep catacombs I talked to Nadalin, but he didn't give the quest. Then I spoke to the village chief and killed the salamanders. Then I tried to talk Nadalin again, but he said nothing and he didn't returned to the village. In order to get to the mysterious island I need to speak Nadalin the very first time I enter the docks?

#28 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:51 AM

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal('HelpNadalin','GLOBAL',2)
just use this command(you have to turn cheats on) and you should be able to get to the island(Nadalin should be near his boat after you use this CLUA)
and yes you have to talk to him first time you enter docks

#29 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

Líthas
I need some help:
1st how can I get to the Black hand temple? It didn't appear on the worldmap even if i talked with the monk Redreeg in Ulgoth's Beard. Is there a proper time when to talk about the temple? I had to cheat myself there.
2nd : Entering the orc chieftain's tomb with Gothar's sword gave me almost 4 000 000 or more experience.
Well for example Minsc became 50 lvl ranger after level up. I don't know it is a bug or no.

#30 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:25 AM

i often had problems with understanding the new maprevealing the worldmap mod introduces. if i were you i'd uninstall the option and stick with the old map revealing.... there's no universal logic behind it and the ways to get areas to open are often not documented and require ingame actions you are not used to from playing an unmodded game (example: bandit camp).

for the second problem, this is a bug but not fixable in-mod afaik. it is supposed to grant negative exps to you but that's not possible by bgmain.exe, or at least so i remember. best ingame fix aside from cheating and simulating with the console is dropping the sword outside of general ghotals tomb and enter.

#31 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

1st how can I get to the Black hand temple? It didn't appear on the worldmap even if i talked with the monk Redreeg in Ulgoth's Beard. Is there a proper time when to talk about the temple? I had to cheat myself there.

In order to reveal the Temple of the Black Hand on the Worldmap, you need to have Tracea Carol's scroll in your possession when you speak with Reedrig in Ulgoth's Beard. That is the trigger that opens the part of his dialog that reveals the Temple on the Map.

It takes a village...

#32 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:07 AM

Where can I get that scroll? Sometimes I stuck with the game. Does anybody need walkthruogh besides me? If there is I will make an attempt to make a detailed one.

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:37 AM

Where can I get that scroll? Sometimes I stuck with the game. Does anybody need walkthrough besides me? If there is I will make an attempt to make a detailed one.

Well, there are small once in the ReadMe's, DSotSC and NTotSC.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#34 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:03 AM

I've read both of them , but a bit more detailed needed for me. Where can I find Tracea Carol's scroll?

#35 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:14 AM

Please search in this forum ... i did translate and updated a walkthrough,

mm75