Photo

baldur.bcs

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

recently it was BG1: Sonner and Tenya (about the bowl) and in BG2: a quest i have not tracked down yet. all i can say it's a quest i have not running... this made me open this topic and see if i can reduce the stutter with other methods.

in the past i had stutter with jaheira when playing her BG1:NPC mod quest in the cloakwoods (reported on this forum) and Husam in BG1: (also reported on this forum). another one was Madulf the Ogre when playing the Ranger Class quests in BG2. that one i also reported on this forum.

#42 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:05 AM

recently it was BG1: Sonner and Tenya (about the bowl)

So in this example, you had a stutter before you started this quest, and then when you completed this quest, the stutter went away?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#43 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

yep that's what it was like. i still have a similar problem in my bg2 part allthough i have really cut down the size of my baldur.bcs. i could play a few maps and now it's so bad that i had to start a new game with a different char and save the old one until a solution comes up...

#44 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

is it really that hard to create the database ?

:lol:

#45 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:23 AM

nice, postcountwhoring at it's best. if you cannot contribute in a positive way, best remain silent as they say...

anyway, i cycled through some save games and my guess is the current stutter is somehow related to the RoT Arena. when entering that area, stutter came up for no reason...

EDIT: another possibility would be that stutter occured after paying Gaelan Bayle 100,000 Gold to start the Soubar plot..

Edited by Bloodtitan, 25 November 2007 - 04:53 AM.

#46 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

nice, postcountwhoring at it's best. if you cannot contribute in a positive way, best remain silent as they say...

anyway, i cycled through some save games and my guess is the current stutter is somehow related to the RoT Arena. when entering that area, stutter came up for no reason...

EDIT: another possibility would be that stutter occured after paying Gaelan Bayle 100,000 Gold to start the Soubar plot..

Anytime you begin the Soubar plot, whether it be from paying Gaelan or delivering the sealed letter, you begin all those Hell Blade checks in baldur.bcs file. That's why I deleted them.

It takes a village...

#47 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

hmm right but i deleted all those.

#48 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

yep that's what it was like. i still have a similar problem in my bg2 part allthough i have really cut down the size of my baldur.bcs. i could play a few maps and now it's so bad that i had to start a new game with a different char and save the old one until a solution comes up...

Just another question about this with Sonner and Tenya. Did the stutter start before you first entered the areas containing the group of farmers and Tenya, or after you visited these areas (regardless of whether you started the quest or not)?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#49 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

it was before i entered the ankheg map. i had finished cloakwood and went to the friendly arms inn to catch Jetlaya. the DToSC plot went on without problems but when i started the Othos Nephew Quest, it began to stutter. stutter ended when i finished the Sonner/Tenya Quest.

#50 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:21 AM

it was before i entered the ankheg map. i had finished cloakwood and went to the friendly arms inn to catch Jetlaya. the DToSC plot went on without problems but when i started the Othos Nephew Quest, it began to stutter. stutter ended when i finished the Sonner/Tenya Quest.

That's interesting then, because no features of that quest would even be active when you got the stutter. Hence, we can't really conclude that a quest causes a stutter because finishing it abrogates the stutter. I'm thinking that its more complicated than quest-hunting.

--------------
Retired Modder