• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #95 // Better NPC management

OK that could be it. I still could not fix the deal with Xzar and Monty so I will try from a fresh BG2 without BG1. However I just CLUA Monty and when I kick them out, they go to the docks like they are supposed to with TDD. It is not to bad with Kagain because he will stay wherever you leave him and that may be the same with Yeslick, so not too big a deal.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#62 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:02 PM

Besides the broken TDD (Priest of Sylvanus kit just says cleric). I have played a few quests, mostly all of the thieves (old and new) stuff and had one CTD as i think a travel trigger got corrupted. It is in the docks on the east side where you come out of the guard barracks. I think I have incompatible thieves guild components so I place no blame. The quest works fine I just get a CTD leaving the top floor of the barracks in the docks going outside (party would appear on the east entrance side) and vice versa going in. The normal entrance on the temple of Oghma side works fine. Plus on entering during the thieves battle, the guard who usually says get out, keeps looping his dialog every 5-10 seconds. Annoying only during that part of the battle.

Still in Chapter 2, haven't touched the game in almost a week and found an incompatibility in AR0902.BCS where Dawn...Sain is not spawning after Telwyn sends me there to help (normal BG2 quest). CLUA works and I see in the script 3 references...
Nevermind , my version is outdated. Adding a create creature action in the BCS gets him to spawn. It was two conflicting Globals being set
IF
	Global("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
	OR(2)
		Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)
		Kit(Player1,GODLATHANDER)
	OR(6)
		Class(Player1,CLERIC)
		Class(Player1,FIGHTER_CLERIC)
		Class(Player1,CLERIC_MAGE)
		Class(Player1,CLERIC_THIEF)
		Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC)
		Class(Player1,CLERIC_RANGER)
	!Kit(Player1,GODHELM)
	!Kit(Player1,GODTALOS)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("SCSAIN",[642.627],0) // Dawnbringer Sain
END

IF
	Global("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("SainSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
END

:wall: My version of Divine Remix is old.

Edited by Hoppy, 12 February 2008 - 03:03 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#63 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:12 PM

:wall: My version of Divine Remix is old.

How old is 'old'?

#64 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:30 AM

Azazello: I have a lot of old versions on CD's and I was following BWP combined, so I may have installed an older version in confusion. There is something peculiar in the BAF that made me think of the incomat... and the date created was 2004.

Edited by Hoppy, 08 May 2008 - 10:59 PM.

- King Diamond

#65 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:39 AM

Sain only spawns if you are a cleric now of some sorts. Glad I found that.
http://forums.gibber....php/t9333.html

Now for a new CTD everytime I beat Amon of the Purple Brotherhood who is the mage with Pooky and Mencar in the Den of 7 Vales. These guys are changed from the Battles mod. Everyone else goes down with a tough fight and Amon dies and CTD. Can't find a way around that one except maybe Ctrl+y as I have not tried that. I was able to beat him once and it CTD going down the stairs to first floor of the Den of 7.

I dunno :huh:

- King Diamond

#66 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

WOOOOOOW!!
I beat that last buggy after trying 9 times to not get the CTD and only complete successes every time

AFTER

Mencar, Orcslicer, the thief who's name I promptly forgot and Pookie are slain. Then a Holy Shit/(or whatever you name your save)

Amon stands in the back (out of sight). If I let my summons defeat him,,,,,CTD

If I full on attack, AAAAAAHHHH, Victory and no CTD

GAME ON!!

Edited by Hoppy, 20 February 2008 - 03:53 PM.

- King Diamond

#67 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:44 AM

Cool mate ! :-))))

mm75

PS: i know what does it mean ... solving and find solution, lol :-D

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#68 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:18 AM

Cool mate ! :-))))

mm75

PS: i know what does it mean ... solving and find solution, lol :-D

Thanks mm75! Glad you could work through your slowdown. I will look at my game again and see if it does the same following your scenario. A couple days ago, I think I had a malady called "Baldur's Gate Burnout" which the only medicine that helped was a day or two off (maybe more) and some hard liquor ( if one is at the appropriate age). :rolleyes:

Clarification: By a day or two off, I meant playing the game. The Real Life adventure we cannot escape and hard liquor is optional.

Edited by Hoppy, 22 February 2008 - 05:21 AM.

- King Diamond

#69 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:52 AM

New st...st...stutter bug in my game.

Cause: Judge and Jury bow (TDD I think). I had nver used this item until this playthrough.
Effect:any NPC equipping will walk 5 steps and stop in there tracks whether alone or commanded with party.
Solution: for now a quick trip to the Adventurer's Mart for approx. 4000 gp..

- King Diamond

#70 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

A couple days ago, I think I had a malady called "Baldur's Gate Burnout" which the only medicine that helped was a day or two off (maybe more) and some hard liquor ( if one is at the appropriate age). :rolleyes:

Clarification: By a day or two off, I meant playing the game. The Real Life adventure we cannot escape and hard liquor is optional.

Hey, I have had that... same perscription :D

#71 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

Thanks cmorgan!!
I love your rum!! cmorgan=Captain Morgan!
Have a good weekend all!
Hop

- King Diamond

#72 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

Yep, don't forget to take your medicine. Sometimes a week recuperation is necessary, or even another game for a while. Then you get an itch again. :cheers:

#73 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

Yep, don't forget to take your medicine. Sometimes a week recuperation is necessary, or even another game for a while. Then you get an itch again. :cheers:

Oooh yes the other game is Planescape: Torment. I just got some used but like brand new CD's and installed some tweaks. Maybe I will try to write a large scale sequel mod with help from a cast of thousands. That would put SHS on the map!! Hehehehehehe

- King Diamond

#74 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, I wanted to try that out too. Hell I always use Vhailor/Trias/Dakkon soundsets in my games. Made me wonder what the original was like. Saw it at Best Buy a few years ago in a multi-pack for 20 bucks, figured to get it sometime and then never saw it anywhere else.

#75 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Good luck! I payed 50 bucks for it used thru Amazon .com. You can play it if you get GameTap and purchase the paid games. It is 50. bucks a year for a subscription to play paid games but with that purchase you can play PS:T, IWD1 and 2, BG1, or2 and they are in raw format. No files to hack. I play my old Nintendo favorites like Castlevania just for kicks. And Street Fighter 1.

- King Diamond

#76 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

Game destroying CTD. Well folks, this baby may be toast. This CTD happens in the slums district and there is cut scene that starts immediately on entry and is part of the Planar Sphere mod. I couldn't see this bug in the actual mod forum for a fix I may have missed. Maybe I overlooked it as I don't know what cutscene it is yet. I did the Gov't area quest for mystra and returned to Docks and beat the Demi-Lich and others and started for te slums.

When Melanthium speaks in the cut scene, some Knights of the Order come and fight him. After that, Mel turns to party and he says he'll summon some dudes and split. Two animations start and the second animation spell causes CTD. I am on the case now and just thought if I posted someone may shout out a fix or workaround.
I am in CHAP2 and I can't pay Gaelan to move on to CHAP3.

Addendum: Here is where I found the culprit but it is not fixed yet. It is in psmelfed.dlg where he finishes dialog and is supposed to summon three things.
CreateVisualEffect("S077CRVS",[292.575])
CreateVisualEffect("S077CRVS",[475.696]) <---------This is where it happens.

Edited by Hoppy, 15 March 2008 - 10:11 AM.

- King Diamond

#77 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Got it and fixed. replaced psmarile.cre with one in 2.6b and no editing needed. Now I get a crash in the Temple via the same mod and don't know what the hell. Noober says Help! Demons! and ends dialog and poof. I give up, I think my game is hosed.

- King Diamond

#78 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

I feel for you!!! :wall:

For along time I have wished to play the PlanarSphere mod. That mod has been 'very' buggy! I am waiting to see how well the playing/testing goes for PlanarSphereMod26b.rar before I try to install it with a Mega Mod.

Thanks again for all your help with testing and reporting your findings!!!! :cheers:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#79 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

New st...st...stutter bug in my game.

Cause: Judge and Jury bow (TDD I think). I had nver used this item until this playthrough.
Effect:any NPC equipping will walk 5 steps and stop in there tracks whether alone or commanded with party.
Solution: for now a quick trip to the Adventurer's Mart for approx. 4000 gp..

There's no TDD bug thread for the current version, so this could be the start of one. I like that bow and have no idea what's causing that problem.

#80 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:29 PM

There's no TDD bug thread for the current version, so this could be the start of one. I like that bow and have no idea what's causing that problem.

I did that quest pretty early on this time and that was when I decided to try it. I wonder if changing the BAM on it would be a solution in game to figure it out. Maybe check effects even. Once we find the cause we can edit the file and add it to the TDD rar package. I have to fix some other issues in my game right now but I may give it a shot this weekend.

Ciao!

Addendum: while we are on the subject of TDD, does anyone know about kit editing? The Priest of Sylvanus kit of the TDD kits is really non existent. It ends up just saying cleric even leveling up to 11.

Edited by Hoppy, 15 March 2008 - 07:31 PM.

- King Diamond