• 2107 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

Attached File  WeiDU.log   33.43K   231 downloads
UPDATE:Weidu Log part 2

TotSC quests done>no problems
Finished NTotSC quests> no problem
Defeated Sarevok and entered Shadows of Amn via Bert in the Palace>No problems

Shadows of Amn started and dream sequence to Check the Bodies>OK
Scrolling left to Right in AR3500(new Candlekeep) crashes; a duplicate issue as Alexandar reported in CTB forum. My scrn resolution is 800x600 for game but monitor is
1440x900. Maybe I should install the widescreen mod or try different resolutions? The crash does not happen if I scroll up/down and is a minor issue.

Just thought of the hanging cut scene in CTB with Imoen. What if there were just two more cows in the area that could have the same scripts to give the fresh milk, thus getting the chores done a bit faster for say 8 milk pails? If I talk to Imoen at HR13 and play, when we finish the HR is 18 which is time to go for the lesson. Just a thought.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#42 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

OK, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Now I have my hands full. Some mod(s) overwrites CC to the point where I have no Adario NPC(TDD) Bolivar NPC(SOS) and no Melynda for CtB quest (Helping Melinda). The Bouncers are instantly killed as I enter, Forp is not in the BCS at all for TDD quest. MAJOR incompatibilities going on here.

So, I did this to the end of 0406.BCS, all just additions of the snips (BAF) from CtB, SoS, and TDD

IF
	Global("Adario","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("Adario","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("ADARIO12",[786.1528],0) // Adario Kalvaras
END

IF
	Global("spawn_Forp","AR0406",0)
	XPGT(Player1,779999)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("DDgull01",[1487.1649],8) // Forp
		SetGlobal("spawn_Forp","AR0406",1)
END

IF
	Global("wmSpawnJoluv","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("wmart1",[1337.1751],4) // Joluv
		SetGlobal("wmSpawnJoluv","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
	Global("CbMadameSpawned","AR0406",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("CBSCHOOK",[282.979],3) // Melynda
		SetGlobal("CbMadameSpawned","AR0406",1)
		Continue()
END

IF
	Global("BOLIVAR","GLOBAL",0)
	LevelLT(Player1,16)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("BOLIVAR","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("BOLIVR09",[426.1462],8) // Bolivar
		Continue()
END

IF
	LevelGT(Player1,15)
	LevelLT(Player1,21)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("BOLIVR15",[426.1462],8) // Bolivar
		Continue()
END

IF
	LevelGT(Player1,20)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("BOLIVR20",[426.1462],8) // Bolivar
		Continue()
END

NOW IT WORKS!!

New thing: TDD NPC's Kivan, Kagain and Yeslick have Global's of 0 to spawn them, if not in BG1 party or in other words not imported. They should still spawn if their respected globals are set to 0 again. Ex. ("Kagain", "GLOBAL",0), but right now they have globals of 1112849 (I made up a number but it was like that)
How do I go about about resetting those Globals back to 0 via BCS scripting (not CLUA or Shadowkeeper)

I was trying

IF
	Global("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("Kagain","GLOBAL",0)
END

In the same area AR0020, I am trying to get the GLOBAL to reset to 0 so the following will happen

IF
	Global("Kagain","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("Kagain","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreature("KAGAIN11",[547.494],12) // Kagain
		Continue()
END

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Edited by Hoppy, 13 January 2008 - 12:11 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#43 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

IF
THEN
RESPONSE #100
END

will loop you constantly - try finding a variable set by TDD (I have no clue what, but something that only TDD does).

Then try

IF
Global("<<WHATEVER TDD SETS THAT SHOWS USAGE>>","GLOBAL",<<WhateverNumber>>)
Global("HoppysTTDNPCFix","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("HoppysTTDNPCFix","GLOBAL",1)
END

If you don't have a global from TDD that applies, you can install one on detection of TDD by copyibg the block only if TDD is installed.

#44 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Ok, well if BGT imports Kagain, it looks like it should go in AR0020 and that is not happening. Please correct me if I am wrong or if he spawns elsewhere.
Thank you.

- King Diamond

#45 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

@cmorgan
Thanks man,
That is exactly what was happening, the looping.
There are a few blocks for Kagain to spawn

IF
	Global("KagainPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("BP_KagainBG1Check","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("BP_KagainBG1Check","GLOBAL",1)
		AddXPObject("Kagain",50000)
		GiveItemCreate("HELM12","Kagain",1,0,0) // Helmet
		GiveItemCreate("LEAT04","Kagain",1,0,0) // Studded Leather Armor
		GiveItemCreate("SHLD03","Kagain",1,0,0) // Medium Shield
		GiveItemCreate("AX1H01","Kagain",1,0,0) // Battle Axe
		SmallWait(10)
		ActionOverride("Kagain",FillSlot(SLOT_HELMET))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",FillSlot(SLOT_ARMOR))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",FillSlot(SLOT_SHIELD))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",FillSlot(SLOT_WEAPON))
		SmallWait(10)
		ActionOverride("Kagain",SetGlobal("IWasKickedOut","LOCALS",1))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",ChangeAIScript("",OVERRIDE))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",SetDialog("KAGAIP"))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",EquipMostDamagingMelee())
END
And
IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride("Kagain",SetDialog("KAGAINDD"))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",ChangeAIScript("KAGAINDD",OVERRIDE))
		ActionOverride("Kagain",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(0))
		SmallWait(10)
		SmallWait(10)
END

And from the TDD command used for all associated NPC's that are brought from BG1(Kivan, Yeslick, but Xzar and Monty are extensions from the original quest and Harpers)
IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Continue()
END

Edited by Hoppy, 13 January 2008 - 01:54 PM.

- King Diamond

#46 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

woops, only the last one has the create creature action. If I manually do it by console (set GV to 0) it works so I will try your code suggestion.

- King Diamond

#47 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

woops, only the last one has the create creature action. If I manually do it by console (set GV to 0) it works so I will try your code suggestion.

AR0020.bcs should read as such:

IF
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
  ActionOverride("Kagain",SetDialog("KAGAINDD"))
  ActionOverride("Kagain",ChangeAIScript("KAGAINDD",OVERRIDE))
  ActionOverride("Kagain",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(0))
  SmallWait(10)
  SmallWait(10)
END

IF
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
  Continue()
END
1st block is from BGT/Compat/TDD/Replace/xAR0020.baf
2nd Block is from TDD/snip/tAR0020.baf along with some other stuff including other Adario stuff. It may be difficult to re-construct everything that got wiped by some other mod's overwrites,,, <_< good luck.

Edited by erebusant, 13 January 2008 - 02:17 PM.

It takes a village...

#48 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

TDD just uses the normal variables to spawn an NPC as I noticed with the Copper C...issue above.

IF
Global("<<WHATEVER TDD SETS THAT SHOWS USAGE>>","GLOBAL",<<WhateverNumber>>) here would be ("Kagain","GLOBAL", x)*
Global("HoppysTTDNPCFix","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("HoppysTTDNPCFix","GLOBAL",1)
END

* as of my BG2 game, the Kagain GLOBAL is 11132882
How can I get the game to recognize the value of x as in this case, the rather large number? And in other cases, that number won't be the same in the transfer from BG1 to BG2.

Edited by Hoppy, 13 January 2008 - 02:17 PM.

- King Diamond

#49 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

Great!
Thanks erebusant. Only the Copper Coronet got wiped out of all my xtra NPC's. Auren, Nina and the above ones to boot. So, I found those and replaced, they work. All other associated areas did not get erased from checking script BAF's from other small mods. For now...

Re:the TDD NPC spawns, My BCS shows like you wrote but I am trying to figure how to reset the GLOBAL for Kagain back to 0 because it is way up there right now. Well, without CLUA command. Is there a way to code in the BCS to erase a GLOBAL?

Or can I ask in the IF block, whether the Global is greater then 1?

Edited by Hoppy, 13 January 2008 - 02:34 PM.

- King Diamond

#50 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

YAAAAAAAY!!!!
I fixed that funky mother F thanks to cmorgan and erebusant's help.

Me fix for all ye swashbucklers

IF
	GlobalGT("Kagain","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("HoppysTDDNPCFix","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("HoppysTDDNPCFix","GLOBAL",1)
END

I put that right before this in original BCS

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Continue()

Now I will do same for 0900 BCS and Yeslick global
Shar Teel will remain unaffected because no global similarities as with Xzar and Monty.
Kivan will have to use this fix if Kivan and Deheriana is not installed

SWEEEEEEET!!!! GAME ON ! Global GT is the key.

- King Diamond

#51 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

YAAAAAAAY!!!!
I fixed that funky mother F thanks to cmorgan and erebusant's help.

Me fix for all ye swashbucklers

IF
	GlobalGT("Kagain","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("HoppysTDDNPCFix","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("HoppysTDDNPCFix","GLOBAL",1)
END

I put that right before this in original BCS

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Continue()

Now I will do same for 0900 BCS and Yeslick global
Shar Teel will remain unaffected because no global similarities as with Xzar and Monty.
Kivan will have to use this fix if Kivan and Deheriana is not installed

SWEEEEEEET!!!! GAME ON ! Global GT is the key.

But what was it in your installation that caused all these overwrites? That is the key thing to find out or others will have the same problem instead of being able to avoid it.

It takes a village...

#52 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

That BCS wasn't overridden. It was 0406 and I just found it: IRONCUV2 nuked everything in the CC. NOw I found the BCS in the backup file for IronCuv2 and everything that was missing in my game is there so now I can copy those over to new BCS and enter CC for the 1st time (in game)

The Globals for Kagain, Yeslick and the rest I "think" are being set by BG1 NPC proj. As those enormous numbers are like dialog counters seen in Romance GLOBALS and the like.

- King Diamond

#53 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:22 AM

Some of them are actually vanilla stuff, too, I think - BG sets things like "coran" and "kivan" as timers for their "hey, pay attention to my quest or I will leave FOREVAR..."

which is why modders now use community prefixes and do heavy research on who else does what in both vanilla and modded games now. Because it would stink to have a great mod, only to find that when you have set your global named "chapter" to 5 in BG, and nothing works because the game uses "chapter"...

Edited by cmorgan, 14 January 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#54 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

Some of them are actually vanilla stuff, too, I think - BG sets things like "coran" and "kivan" as timers for their "hey, pay attention to my quest or I will leave FOREVAR..."

which is why modders now use community prefixes and do heavy research on who else does what in both vanilla and modded games now. Because it would stink to have a great mod, only to find that when you have set your global named "chapter" to 5 in BG, and nothing works because the game uses "chapter"...

That is a good point and it looks like BG1 NPC has some unique Globals of its own to combat that "shared global" mixup. Your suggestion of the code worked perfectly to get the desired result of Kagain and Yeslick spawning via the area BCS. There is a BGT Tweak too that imports all of the NPC's from BG1 that I have installed and I will check that, so the key for whatever is importing the NPC, to set those generic globals back to 0.

Now that I am in SoA parts now, I am feeling nostalgic for the BG1 NPC project, I wouldn't change a thing besides the normal "housekeeping".

I have almost rebuilt the Crapper Coronet area BCS from scratch, so the rest is just small potatoes ;)

- King Diamond

#55 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

Weird stuff with Hendak now.
Just finished slave quests and the slaver ship related to Hendak. At the dialog he says thanks for freeing the kids, XP is fine and gives gold +sword and reputation increase of 1. Instantly at the end of the dialog, Reputation decreases 2! WTF!! Thanks for a job well done? :huh:
I looked in Hendak DLG and found the reference to where this is happening and it says the normal bits and reputationinc of 1. Nowhere can I find the Rep decrease of 2. I think I restored the AR0406BCS pretty damn well I must say but can't find the cause. I only know at this point that RE (Romantic Encounters) adds some stuff to his dialog, but I checked his whole file.
Just weird s***
Any Ideas?

Edit: got it, Yarraena was the cause. Her joining and leaving affects reputation like Viconia, but it was very late so that is why I was confused. She was acquired in Chateau Irenicus and the Rep didn't change then.

Edited by Hoppy, 21 January 2008 - 07:34 PM.

- King Diamond

#56 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

I can't get Xzar to resurrect Montaron's body as per TDD operation with those two NPC's and the Harper hold. Xzar spawned fine and Lucette kills him, then he comes back and says hey babies can you rescue that groovy cat, Monty for me. Meronia shows up takes Jaheira away and we wait a day for her to come back and reenter the Harper Hotel California. Picked up Xzar and fought Galvarey and his ragtag brigade. Now I have the body and all the stuff for the quest is in Baldur.bcs so it should work but,,, I remain in silent anticipation for 1 day, 2 days, 5 days (in game).

I wonder if there is still some stuff going on from the previous BG1 part that is confusing things. Any ideas coding ninjas?

- King Diamond

#57 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

For Yeslick to spawn as per the TDD mod in the Temple I did this in AR0900.BCS

IF
GlobalGT("Yeslick","GLOBAL",1)
Global("HoppysTDDNPCFix2","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Yeslick","GLOBAL",0)
SetGlobal("HoppysTDDNPCFix2","GLOBAL",1)
END

Probably not a problem if starting a fresh BG2 game with out the transition from BG1.

- King Diamond

#58 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

Cool. Now that my Darkest Day NPC's are in my game and I cannot defeat Torgal any more with Kagain using the warhammer (TrollSlayer or TrollKiller= doesn't exist in my game now?), I decided to use the actual TORGAL.CRE overwrite file in the SHS forums for the first time. No big deal but,,,,,,

I HAVE THE CHOICE OF SENDING KAGAIN TO:
1) The Friendly Arm
2) Jovial Juggler
3) Elfsong

But, I don't have to do that because I can CLUA to those places and see him there. Why is Kagain (Fighter) and Kagain (Trollslayer) getting sent to the same place? Got it! They all use KAGAINP.DLG which is changed by one mod component that I can't name right now because I am sleepy........

- King Diamond

#59 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:12 AM

Hoppy, thanks for tracking all the changes need for BGT Tweaks and TDD for NPCs. I too had to make a lot of manual changes to get my babies in to BG2. I think you've covered all the bases.

Could the KAGAINP.DLG be due to BG1NPC?

#60 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

Not if you are using BGT; but check the NPC management stuff in SCS. BG1NPC's "wait at an inn" components only install on Tutu (and we don't want to go there for BGT; SCS's implementation is much more multi/mega mod friendly.)