Photo

SMM Auto-DL / Auto-Installer (GUI) / Manual Install / WalkThru

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#101 Kaylia

Kaylia
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:27 AM

Thanks Bigmoshi and Omeletted for your feedbacks.

I will continue to check other thread to get more grip on mega mods.
About BP, I tried to install it and I didn't see any Fix package for other mod, only change
of "rules". Is it really "cimenting" other mods together (and needed to do that ?)

I guess it is one of the key finding when using the mods, I also saw that TDD is installing
set of rules for high level play (level 50, taco fixes and such), hence they do not need to be installed again with Tweak pack. (Who is maintaining TDD weidu ? I didn't found any forum for this one, and I am interrested to see what set of rules and things are installed by it asside the optional kit part)

Another question a player should answer is which fix-pack to use, and which fixes may be mandatory for some mods.
Usually that can be found by digging in some threads.

I will do later a new thread on what I am installing, and give feedback (and ask questions) there, so I am not polluting this thread any more.
Lets keep this thread for the people that are installing automatically using SMM, sorry for the offtopic.

#102 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

save http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

Hi OverKil!

Just tried your saved game. Your world map seems smaller than the one from my auto-install version for some reason. Can you send me your weidu.log file? its in your bg2 directory. I'll try to auto install based on your weidu and see if I can read your game file properly.

Thanks! :D

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#103 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:25 AM

I will continue to check other thread to get more grip on mega mods.
About BP, I tried to install it and I didn't see any Fix package for other mod, only change
of "rules". Is it really "cimenting" other mods together (and needed to do that ?)

Hi Kaylia! Well, I do know that it was meant to fix up conflicting rules / scripts etc in the big mods. And it does have a reason for being a popular choice among the expert modders I'd say. I think Azazello is one of the active guys fixing bugs to BP, so you can try him as he'd probably know the mod inside out by now.

I guess it is one of the key finding when using the mods, I also saw that TDD is installing
set of rules for high level play (level 50, taco fixes and such), hence they do not need to be installed again with Tweak pack. (Who is maintaining TDD weidu ? I didn't found any forum for this one, and I am interrested to see what set of rules and things are installed by it asside the optional kit part)

The answer I had from a similar question I asked before was that King Diamond seems to be main guy supporting SoS, TDD, TS-BP, CtB, and RoT and does the updates for them about once a year. Expecting another set of updates this mid-year if it goes by that schedule.

Another question a player should answer is which fix-pack to use, and which fixes may be mandatory for some mods.
Usually that can be found by digging in some threads.

On this, BigWorld Project would probably give you a very detailed view of the installation conflicts & solutions if any.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#104 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

I have a question about this install. Is the wild mage class supposed to be unable to use magic items and scrolls after this install is done? And unable to write new magic to his spellbook? So far I have been unable to equip the Ring of Sorcery from BG1 and I have been unable to write any new spells to my spellbook.

Hi Usurper!

I'll try to create a char for this and see what happens. Thanks for reporting that!

After doing a bit more digging it seems to be a problem with the BG2 Tweak Pack, specifically the ability for wild mages to dual-class. Any way to change this without having to reinstall the whole shebang?

Hi Usurper!

Tested it with some positive findings, and have posted them at the link that you gave above - http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=9208.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#105 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:32 AM

Bigmoshi thank you so much for the installer and your work! I just installed my first ever mega mod install thanks to your efforts! :Bow: :Bow: Is there a chance in the near future to update your installer and include NEJ as well? I know that there are some compatibility problems but it would be a miracle if this mod would be one of the listed ones. I am not experienced with modding and i don't even want to try one of the bigger manual Mega Mod Installs that i've seen in the forum. I've read almost everything about them but they seem too difficult for me (and non stable as well). I thing your efforts is really appreciated by players with no much experience with modding! You really rock! :new_thumbs:

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#106 OverKilL.

OverKilL.
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:35 PM

to bigmoshi Weidu Log - http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

#107 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

Yet another question. The TDD kits are removed from the SMM or i've done something wrong in the install?

My Deviant Art account

#108 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:52 AM

Hi OverKiL!

Your weidu.log seems to have stopped at SCSII? Did you happen to miss out on the following mods for some reason?
  • BG2_TWEAKS,
  • REFINEMENTS,
  • TB#TWEAKS
  • BP-BGT-WORLDMAP
  • XPMOD
  • SCSBGT
Thanks!

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#109 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:05 AM

Bigmoshi thank you so much for the installer and your work! I just installed my first ever mega mod install thanks to your efforts! :Bow: :Bow: Is there a chance in the near future to update your installer and include NEJ as well? I know that there are some compatibility problems but it would be a miracle if this mod would be one of the listed ones. I am not experienced with modding and i don't even want to try one of the bigger manual Mega Mod Installs that i've seen in the forum. I've read almost everything about them but they seem too difficult for me (and non stable as well). I thing your efforts is really appreciated by players with no much experience with modding! You really rock! :new_thumbs:

Hi Silinde, thanks! The big part of those credits really belong to the modders & megamod-testers. I just tried to simplify that bit behind what they did for the past many years. As for NEJ, there's a good chance it may happen as some of the mod-experts seem to be tweaking it to merge it with the other mods.

Yet another question. The TDD kits are removed from the SMM or i've done something wrong in the install?

TDD kits wasn't installed because doing so would fill up the kit slots limited by the Infinity Engine itself. Briefly, each class can have at max 9 kits, and TDD kits fills them all up, which wouldn't allow any other mods to add kit classes. BP would give you that "balanced" set of kit classes that would work with the other bigmods. Hope that answers your doubts :D

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#110 OverKilL.

OverKilL.
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hi OverKiL!

Your weidu.log seems to have stopped at SCSII? Did you happen to miss out on the following mods for some reason?
  • BG2_TWEAKS,
  • REFINEMENTS,
  • TB#TWEAKS
  • BP-BGT-WORLDMAP
  • XPMOD
  • SCSBGT
Thanks!

no the folders with mods are exist and full....

Edited by OverKilL., 23 January 2008 - 10:02 AM.

#111 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:31 AM

Hi OverKiL!

• BG2_TWEAKS,
  • REFINEMENTS,
  • TB#TWEAKS
  • BP-BGT-WORLDMAP
  • XPMOD
  • SCSBGT
Thanks!

no the folders with mods are exist and full....

Hi OverKiL!

Did you manage to install fully? The weidu.log file that you posted showed that the last mod installed was SCSII. The above mentioned mods should have been installed after SCSII.

If you need a quick resolution, you can msn me (its in my profile). I'll be online for a while. Thanks!

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#112 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

Thanks so much for the fast reply! Your work is simply great because now everyone can play this SMM, even if he is a simple player (like me!). That would be great news! The NEJ is the only big module left out and i think it would make a difference! I have no time to play this "monster" over and over so I guess I'll wait a while, looking forward to your next updates! Have a nice day my friend! :D

My Deviant Art account

#113 Kaylia

Kaylia
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

TDD kits wasn't installed because doing so would fill up the kit slots limited by the Infinity Engine itself. Briefly, each class can have at max 9 kits, and TDD kits fills them all up, which wouldn't allow any other mods to add kit classes. BP would give you that "balanced" set of kit classes that would work with the other bigmods. Hope that answers your doubts :D

Hello bigmoshi,

Excuse me to dig this one but from the install, it seems you install the kit for ROT, which do also fill quite a lot of space for each class.
I also could not find a component in BP that install kits, if that's what you mean with BP giving a "balanced set of kit classes".

By not installing the kits from TDD, the NPC in TDD will only be with main classes from what I could test.
You can install the kit for a mod and then use kit remover (only remove the part on for the PC, not for NPCs) before installing the next kits (if the kits cannot be install for the PC if there is no space, it seems to skip also for the NPC as well from the test I made).
I am still not 100% sure of all cases, I'll keep testing.

#114 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Hello bigmoshi,

Excuse me to dig this one but from the install, it seems you install the kit for ROT, which do also fill quite a lot of space for each class.
I also could not find a component in BP that install kits, if that's what you mean with BP giving a "balanced set of kit classes".

Hi Kaylia! What I meant was a point-blank generalisation of what BP was meant to do, which is to bring the bigmods to work better with each other. I was following your other thread on kit classes and I'd think its going to be interesting if you had the time to experiment further.

By not installing the kits from TDD, the NPC in TDD will only be with main classes from what I could test.
You can install the kit for a mod and then use kit remover (only remove the part on for the PC, not for NPCs) before installing the next kits (if the kits cannot be install for the PC if there is no space, it seems to skip also for the NPC as well from the test I made).
I am still not 100% sure of all cases, I'll keep testing.

Have not played with the kit remover before, but I'm think I understand what Azazello meant about the differences between PC / NPC kit packs. Briefly, NPC kit classes have no limit, whereas PC kit classes are limited by the GUI. Thus, the kitremover can be used to bring down the number of PC kit classes without affecting the NPC kit classes. GL with your testing! :D

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#115 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

Thanks so much for the fast reply! Your work is simply great because now everyone can play this SMM, even if he is a simple player (like me!). That would be great news! The NEJ is the only big module left out and i think it would make a difference! I have no time to play this "monster" over and over so I guess I'll wait a while, looking forward to your next updates! Have a nice day my friend! :D

Welcome! Btw, if you are interested in NEJ's progress, you can probably get more up-to-date info at erebusant's thread http://www.shsforums...showtopic=22224. If everything works out fine, the next installer update would probably turn up after KingD's set of annual upates.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#116 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Thanks to erebusant and you for your work. So erebusant tries to fix the problems considering NEJ. Hope he'll find the solution and then with your help, everyone will be able to experience the ultimate journey! The auto install progress was very kind of you. I was trying for many years to install a "monster" and without your help, i've done nothing! Now i have it installed on my pc and i'm really happy! I've waited long enough so i'll wait a little more for your updates! :)

My Deviant Art account

#117 -Rabbi Satan-

-Rabbi Satan-

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:39 AM

I've downloaded the requiring mods and am having a blast, thank you so much Big Moshi :)

My only request is, can anyone point me in the right direction of a nice good little shop that I can drop by and unload my coin on some nice decent weapons, armour, and other miscellaneous items? I'm currently in Baldur's Gate I, and am very hungry for more equipment!\

And Big Moshi, where did you get those avatars for Dynaheir, Viconia and Jaheira?

#118 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

I've downloaded the requiring mods and am having a blast, thank you so much Big Moshi :)

My only request is, can anyone point me in the right direction of a nice good little shop that I can drop by and unload my coin on some nice decent weapons, armour, and other miscellaneous items? I'm currently in Baldur's Gate I, and am very hungry for more equipment!\

And Big Moshi, where did you get those avatars for Dynaheir, Viconia and Jaheira?

Hi Rabbi! If you are still around Beregost area, you can try Thalantyr at the High Hedge, Taerom/Feldepost in Beregost. I don't remember seeing much in Nashkel. But you'll get some pretty decent items along the way in your quests.

I collected those avatars sometime back for playing in my game. PM me if you need them. Thanks.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#119 Valiad

Valiad
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hello to all.

I have a few questions which require no immediate answering given the fact that I am dloading some of the mods for the SMM package yet.

-I have a clean patched BG-TotSC and BG II-SoA+ToB allready in my pc.I have extracted allready the Autoinstaller in my BG II directory just to be ready and dload easier the mods required for it.When I extract the files though no MOD_SOURCE folder gets created in my BG II directory, nor when I run the bigmoshi.exe end fail the installation due to all those mods missing.I suppose as soon as I have dload them all it will be ok to put them all in a custom created by me MOD_SOURCE folder in my BGII directory, right?

-What happens with new versions of several mods(BGT-WeiDu 1.05b or BP_177a eg)? do I have to rename their .rar folders to older version names for the autoinstaller to recognise/run them? What happens with BPv177_TOB_Fix.rar as well? is it implemented in the 177a version?I have a feeling that it would be better to go on manually for these to work right?
Sirene's Call,Ribald's genie BGT Tweak and some other small mods have newer versions as well, and for some I can't find their older ones.Also a couple ones listed in the OTH section of the manual dload file don't exist at all anymore.In case I can't find them could I start the autoinstaller someway without them?Some general guideline for the above?

-On top of all of that, although I feel I am asking for too much, it is possible to manually install Redemption I suppose?

Thanks a lot in advance for any answers :rolleyes:

Edited by Valiad, 24 January 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#120 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:26 PM

Hi!

Questions, where in the SMM install should I install 3rd part NPCs?

And Yes, I still haven't finished manually installing. Almost done though :)