• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

Hi pple,

Trying to gather some information of mods activity for planning in creating a stable core of mods.

Please see the attached schedule of mods, I tried to fill in the dates of the release and via knowledge of some mods, trying to tie them up to determine whether there will be expected active updates in the next 6-12 months.
Last updated: 6 Jan 08
Attached File  ModSchedule_3.html   33.08K   175 downloads Attached File  ModSchedule_2.html   32.91K   180 downloads Attached File  ModSchedule_1.html   32.69K   215 downloads
The four important columns are:
  • File Description - version of mod currently used in an auto-installer
  • Release Date
  • Current Version
  • Expected active updates in the next 6-12 months
What I did was to plough through the readmes of the list of mods, and tried to establish the release date if I could. And, tried to gather some idea of whether there will be expected activity.
  • For those without release dates, I have indicated it with "--" in the column called "Release Date"
  • For those which are rather inactive, even without a release date, I indicated "--" in "Expected Active Update"
  • For those which I am clueless about, I left it as "??"
Basically, this will help me assess the level of risk of mod versions that may not be available for downloading within the foreseeable future. That will assist in deciding the approach to take in a next possible release of an auto-installation package.

Much appreciated if anyone could provide information about any of the mods listed in there (everything) that is
  • highly active
  • completely inactive,
  • not expecting new releases,
  • the modder has retired,
  • very buggy, expecting releases soon.
  • know the modding team and their intentions / other commitments not allowing them to mod
  • etc.
Please indicate the number beside the mod if you could furnish any info. Thanks

Edited by bigmoshi, 05 January 2008 - 09:24 AM.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#2 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:20 AM

D0Tweak and XPMod have actually been updated (v20 and v6 respectively) since you compiled this list. (I know this because I'm good friends with the modding team.)
I think this is actually sort of an interesting exercise, although I'm not sure I understand where you're going. The chance of anything on PPG spontaneously vanishing is fairly slim, for example. I can count on one hand, and probably indeed one finger, the number of BG2 mods which have completely disappeared from the face of the internet through negligence.

Edited by SimDing0, 27 December 2007 - 06:20 AM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#3 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:33 AM

Hi SimDing0

Thanks for the update. Actually, the main reason for doing this is to make an assessment of how long I can stretch the time-frame of keeping a consistent versioning of an auto-installation for newbies, ie. before older mods version are lost from authorised mirrors.

Ascension64 has provided a great deal of insight so far in this post http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30979. And I'm considering a couple of practical approaches to deal with the reality of the modding culture, while trying to achieve a simple fuss-free installation.

Note: I'll consolidate the schedule again over this sunday.

Edited by bigmoshi, 27 December 2007 - 06:38 AM.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#4 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:33 PM

Updated. Should be easier to follow the reasons for the schedule now.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#5 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

SCSII will get updated to v3 in the next few weeks (probably sooner). SCS will get updated to v9 definitely sometime next year, probably early in the year (it's actually v8 now, but that differs from v7 only by including an updated Spanish translation).

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:32 AM

Romantic Encounters MOD will likely be updated next spring. (Can't say anything about Dungeon Crawl, Xan BG2/Xan Friendship for BG1/Tiax, I'm afraid - these are pretty stable and content-complete. Likely only translation updates).

#7 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

SCSII will get updated to v3 in the next few weeks (probably sooner). SCS will get updated to v9 definitely sometime next year, probably early in the year (it's actually v8 now, but that differs from v7 only by including an updated Spanish translation).

Romantic Encounters MOD will likely be updated next spring. (Can't say anything about Dungeon Crawl, Xan BG2/Xan Friendship for BG1/Tiax, I'm afraid - these are pretty stable and content-complete. Likely only translation updates).

Thank you. Will update soon.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#8 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

1_BG1NPC-v14.exe >> late for a v15 release; expected within a matter of weeks/days. Content is stable and unchanged from v14. Bugfixes and additional portraits only; ships with a combined Tutu/BGT installer. Contains sample code for a wide range of issues to raid (especially useful for debugging your project might be the confining of content to BG in a BGT game.) Expected minor bugfix updates versioning to v16 early fall of 08 (but expect translations to take a great deal of time, perhaps several years). Most bugfixes are for compatibility with BGT installs, so recommend keeping this on the active status for checking.

2_BG1NPCMusic-v4.exe >> final release. no changes expected ever.
Unless someone comes up with a need for cleanup or tightening of decompression routine, or some massive need for a repackaging, this mod simply extracts a set of sounds to the override for use as soundtracks fo The BG1 NPC Project. Note: not installing this mod has no negative effects, but will generate spurious "errors" on several debugging tools, as The BG1 NPC Project ships with script hooks to the sounds. Without the sounds installed, they log as "missing resources". The appropraiate use of this mod is to turn off the regular soundtrack, and use just ambient sounds.

Massive community project with 6+ years total development. Laundry list of active modders involved.
Permission is committee, with the current maintainer (me) as point person.

Cheers - cmorgan

Edited by cmorgan, 05 January 2008 - 08:47 AM.

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

Gavin for BGT/Tutu will have a new version, with added friendship content, hopefully by the end of January.

(Gavin BG2, hopefully as a Christmas present...)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#10 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

Thank you! Just updated. For now, looks to me most revisions are gog to be minor this year. I hope it stays that way :D

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#11 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

Well, this year there are 365+1 days in the year. But 365 is still quite a few to get updates out of the blue.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#12 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:49 AM

Well, this year there are 365+1 days in the year. But 365 is still quite a few to get updates out of the blue.

That's what I'm praying for :tease:

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#13 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:36 AM

Rogue Rebalancing will be updated to v3.9 in about two months.

That version will slightly alter the component order (by adding a few subcomponents) which may disrupt any auto-installer scripts. If you are interested, I can give you access to the RR workroom where you can download the current beta version which already features these changes.

#14 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:14 AM

Rogue Rebalancing will be updated to v3.9 in about two months.

That version will slightly alter the component order (by adding a few subcomponents) which may disrupt any auto-installer scripts. If you are interested, I can give you access to the RR workroom where you can download the current beta version which already features these changes.

Hey thanks!

No prob, the changes should be configurable. I'm just trying to figure out a suitable timing for reconsolidating mods vers. Yea, I'd be glad to take a look at the goodies in the workroom :D TY

bigmoshiteam2.jpg