Sylmar - Elves vs Orcs Battlefield

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

Back from my holiday.. looks like using a different WED file is still causing heck a lot of problems. Sigh. I remember facing this quandary in BTL as well - was quite a headache...

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#22 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

Fixed to v1.02 with a TIS file of its own, that has to be unzipped, so as to prevent the ARE loading error.
Sorry for the inconvenience so far.

File updated, and download size is significantly increased.

http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=564

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#23 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

Edited the Batch file and now it is super-space-saving mode! :) Yippee!

http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=564

Edited by Zyraen, 14 January 2008 - 06:13 PM.

#24 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

Very minor update to v1.025.
This updates the WeiDU version to 203, and hence eliminates the need for the batch file to run and install the TIS for the Area.
If you already have 1.02 installed, you do NOT need to upgrade to this.

Edited by Zyraen, 16 January 2008 - 12:11 AM.

#25 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

Problem...

I've downloaded the latest update, but I can't get it to install under Mac OS X, either directly from the command line in the Terminal, or by dropping the folder onto the Terminal window when running Install-mod.sh. I don't recall how I installed the mod originally, but now, since I replaced the files in my BGII directory, I can't use the mod at all, I don't think.

Someone with mod-installing know-how on the Mac please help!

Thanks,
Eric

This has been solved. Post can be deleted.

- E

Edited by Eric P., 18 January 2008 - 08:43 AM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#26 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

Having a problem with this mod im not exactly sure whats wrong but the msgr dialog seems to be broken. The messenger in the government building will say "how long will these humans keep me waiting". Then dialog ends.

I completely removed the entire game folder and reinstalled SoA then Tob then Tob patch. Then i installed the mod. Im not sure what im missing here. I found one parse error so far in the debug file....

[1Sylm\Zy1800\Zy18EWRD.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 122 column 64-64

But i have no idea what that means. Any help would be awesome because i would really like to try this mod. Maybe this mod requires a tweak or fix pack but i didn't see it in the read me.

#27 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Ok i got it to work once by MoveToArea("AR1800") then Zy1800 i waited a min and the warden started dialog. Now i decided to load in a different character and when i move to Zy1800 the dialog wont start =/. Im gonna try and see if i close bg2 and restart it if i can move there again to get the mod working.

#28 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

Ok its not working even if i restart bg2. The only difference i noticed from the time it worked is i started a completely new game. I made my way through the dungeon to prominad to slums saved and went to the government district and went to Ar1800 then Zy1800. So i did not load at all. So i think it has something to do with loading a saved game.

Gonna try a fresh start with no loads to see if it will work.

#29 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

Ok i figured it out. You cannot import the main character. It is working everytime if i use the character i started the game with. It has nothing to do with loading a saved game. It seems to screw with something if i delete the main character and import a different one.

Hope this will help someone took me a couple days to figure it out =/

#30 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:56 AM

Denaton the messenger will only ask you to help IF
1) you are not of EVIL alignment
2) you are of Reputation greater than 13

Failing either of these conditions, he'll just complain about the humans ^^;;

Edited by Zyraen, 20 January 2008 - 06:56 AM.

#31 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:53 PM

Denaton the messenger will only ask you to help IF
1) you are not of EVIL alignment
2) you are of Reputation greater than 13

Failing either of these conditions, he'll just complain about the humans ^^;;

Hmm that doesn't explain why when i imported my wizard and moved to Zy1800 nothing happend. But if i used my archer and moved to Zy1800 it worked. So i still think something bugs if you delete the original PC and import a different one.

Although that does solve the problem with Denaton not giving me the quest thanks. My rep was 12.

Also i think it would be cool for low rep/evil condition to give the reply, "You are not worthy of stepping foot of our holy grounds <race> or <charname>". I think that will also help ppl realize there rep/alignment doesn't meet conditions.

#32 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

The warden will actually talk to ANYONE who shows up, irregardless of alignment. I have no idea why importing a Character would make a difference.

#33 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:02 AM

Although that does solve the problem with Denaton not giving me the quest thanks. My rep was 12.

I was wrong i went and did a few quests and got charisma upto 13-14. Denaton still doesn't give the quest. I have no idea why. Im try to fix it ! (Make it worse loll)

#34 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

The warden will actually talk to ANYONE who shows up, irregardless of alignment. I have no idea why importing a Character would make a difference.

My sorceror is true nuetral. And the ranger is chaotic good. Works for ranger(rep 12) hangs for sorceror. It wont work if my sorceror comes solo. (elf sor true nuetral level 50 rep 10) Maybe his level doesn't meet conditions hehe?

But it does work if i bring them both. Hope this helps.

#35 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

The bugs have been fixed - due to a missing IDS entry for him, the v1.025 did not install correctly for Mike.
Meantime, if you do cheat so that your PC exceeds level 40, the Warden will not spawn. The mod will function correctly if and only if your character is UNDER level 41.

#36 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

The bugs have been fixed - due to a missing IDS entry for him, the v1.025 did not install correctly for Mike.
Meantime, if you do cheat so that your PC exceeds level 40, the Warden will not spawn. The mod will function correctly if and only if your character is UNDER level 41.

hanks for all them help Zyraen!

#37 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

I don't consider using a mod that removes the level cap to be cheating ;) This is a fantastic mod, shaping up very nicely indeed, and I continue to playtest it (under Mac OS X 10.4.11) with parties consisting of characters of various levels. About to take a new group there now.

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#38 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

Lol you're tempting me to make me create an insane Tier 4 - basically obscene Life and # Attacks per round ? Lol (enemies from level 41 to 50)

Edited by Zyraen, 22 January 2008 - 10:07 PM.

#39 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

Lol you're tempting me to make me create an insane Tier 4 - basically obscene Life and # Attacks per round ? Lol (enemies from level 41 to 50)

I encourage this behavior ;) Still finding unwanted behavior in this mod, but this isn't the place to report it...

- E

#40 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

I guess this is the place to report problems after all :)

I've played a test game all the way through this mod, slew all three Balrogs, and returned to the Warden. He has nothing to say to me, though. I'm not sure if waiting around for a while will get him to deliver his final speech, and then send my party back to Athkatla, or if there's some problem that prevents this from happening. There are some Orc leaders still in their places, but that shouldn't be an issue, as I understand they're there "permanently."

What shall I do to complete the scenario?

Thanks,
Eric