CRE Spawns beyond Level 40

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:33 PM

Just wondering, currently the Silmarillion scales up the spawns up to when you are level 40, no further.

Tier 1 : Levels 8 10 12
Tier 2 : Levels 14 16 18 20
Tier 3 : Levels 23 26 29 32 35 38

I could make it so that it spawns CREs level 38 for level 40 and above, all the way to 50. But that might make it easy, I'm not sure.

It would be a lot of hassle, but I could write a Tier 4, where all enemies have Life bonuses (say about 40% more) than normal (what they would have scaling up from level 38). Maybe say coming in at levels 42 and 47 ?

Would this serve any purpose at all? Or should I just stick to 38?

Note that even if this goes through, I will need some time to implement it, and I will only do it AFTER the basic engine is up and fully running.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#2 --EarthquakeDamage--

--EarthquakeDamage--

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

If the combat difficulty scales to the top of the level range, there may be less benefit to leveling. While you can prevent the player from grinding their way to easy battles, you may also reduce XP from a reward to junk. Scaling is not a bad thing. Just do it carefully. I've seen games where it's better to avoid XP than to level up (see FF8 for details).

#3 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

For the moment I'd stick with the current levels you have.

Afterall most players will be used to BG2 battles where you don't meet a lot of enemies at the same or higher levels than yourself and even when you do they aren't the most intelligently scripted for battle.

See how it goes...you may have people asking you to scale back the levels! You never know!!

Edited by Rabain, 21 February 2008 - 07:55 PM.

A knight without armour in a savage land...

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

I'll go by that then :) if nothing else, the topic will be locked in a few days time.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression