Stucked in the temple of Bhaal after killing Sarevok

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Can I fix this particular sarevo.cre with NI and change that BGMIMINH itm to the required BGMINHP1 item? After that I probably have to find it in his override script, class script or both?

If you are getting close to the final battle, try just changing Item and save the cre with the updated item, and see if the final battle occurs as intended. Baby steps. There may be more than 1 problem with the encounter, so fix one at a time.

Cool e, I like those words "baby steps" much better than "reinstall".
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#62 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

After a lot of trial and error the only thing that finally worked was:

1)CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTAZOK","GLOBAL",0) - I put this in before going to the Ducal Palace, otherwise Sarevok would make part of his end battle speech on entering. This would totally screw up the end battle (only semaj and tazok would show up, no dialog etc.)

2)Kill everyone but Sarevok. Then Cntrl-Q Sarevok into party, clua to any temple, kill him and raise dead on him. Then he gives his speech properly and can boot from party. (Funny though, when clua'd back to temple and kicked him out his body finally showed up on the ground. Modifying the bcs file as mentioned before didn't work.)

3)Then the transition to BG2 worked fine. (Till a little problem with CTB. <_< )

#63 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

So erebusant's advice to me was not effective? You are much farther than I am but I want to be prepared for this so I will copy all of your notes for the exam :D

It sounds likea big stretch to do what you did, but from there we can deduce what happens and then find out where it happens earlier.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#64 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

Yep, it worked for me. I didn't try to modify the minhp ring though. That might be an easier solution. I was just fed up with killing him over and over so I did the cntrl-q Sarevok route. Since it worked I just continued from that point.

Just to clarify earlier posts - First runthru just ended up with Sarevok dying without speech. Next time tried it with the modified bcs, which led to messed up dialog in ducal palace and end battle with unkillable Sarevok. That part was solved by setting the Tazok global.

#65 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

It might be worth a try (the minhp1 thing) once you get through your CtB drama.

P.S I replied to your crash in CtB forums.

- King Diamond

#66 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

It might be worth a try (the minhp1 thing) once you get through your CtB drama.

P.S I replied to your crash in CtB forums.

Catching up with this thread - very helpful, thanks. When I have time (God knows when, sorry...) this will be very useful in fixing it.

#67 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:43 AM

1)CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTAZOK","GLOBAL",0) - I put this in before going to the Ducal Palace, otherwise Sarevok would make part of his end battle speech on entering. This would totally screw up the end battle (only semaj and tazok would show up, no dialog etc.)

2)Kill everyone but Sarevok. Then Cntrl-Q Sarevok into party, clua to any temple, kill him and raise dead on him. Then he gives his speech properly and can boot from party. (Funny though, when clua'd back to temple and kicked him out his body finally showed up on the ground. Modifying the bcs file as mentioned before didn't work.)

3)Then the transition to BG2 worked fine. (Till a little problem with CTB. <_< )

I believe there is a problem with the DEADTAZOK global, but the MAIN problem is that Sarevok himself doesn't stop at 1hp so he can deliver his death speech. He's giving me all the right cues, but then I kill him and he's dead so you have to ctrl-q him into party then take him to the temple so he can be raised - then have 1 hp then the script goes "oh hey, he's got 1 hp, better give his death speech".

#68 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

Has anyone tried changing the MINHP1 from the creature file? It may be a lot easier, but I don't know if other things are messing it up.

Would it be worth trying to use a normal MINHP1 as well? Not sure if there is a difference from BGMINHP1 or the regular MINHP1 but maybe engine standards between the two call for more specifics.

Edited by Hoppy, 05 May 2008 - 10:21 PM.

- King Diamond

#69 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:34 PM

I believe there is a problem with the DEADTAZOK global, but the MAIN problem is that Sarevok himself doesn't stop at 1hp so he can deliver his death speech. He's giving me all the right cues, but then I kill him and he's dead so you have to ctrl-q him into party then take him to the temple so he can be raised - then have 1 hp then the script goes "oh hey, he's got 1 hp, better give his death speech".

So is it the Sprite is dead global from Kivan killing Tazok by BG1NPC project?

Edited by Hoppy, 24 April 2008 - 07:45 PM.

- King Diamond

#70 Xeniteia

Xeniteia
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:21 PM

I had the same problem. Here is my solution using Near Infinity and Shadow Keeper (you can set this using the console, but for some obscure reason I can't edit my baldur.ini file) :

• save your game (not quicksave) ;
  • quit BG and open this save game in Shadow Keeper ;
  • in the variables section, add : "SarevokBoutToDie" (without the quotes) with value 3 ;
  • then : "ENDOFBG1" (without the quotes again) with value 0.
This adds the 15000 XP and launches the end movie, etc. Let's see what will happen when I'll return to the Ducal Palace !

#71 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:36 AM

Anyone try Hoppy's Sarevok.cre?

#72 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

I tried the sarevok from hoppy's post in my override and finally made it to the final battle. Again, he died without doing anything and was stuck in the temple.

Seems a solution is still needed

:(

#73 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:22 AM

Are you guys killing Tazok early in the game? Via Kivan's BG1NPC dialog route if he is in the party when you enter the Bandit camp?
It seems that is an incompatibility with BG1 NPC and SCS I.
http://forums.gibber...s...st&p=121231

No fix yet as apart from SK editing or console, which I hate.

- King Diamond

#74 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

No he was there at the temple, I didn't kill him or meet him previously or even meet kivan in the bg1 part

#75 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

Well then, that whole scene is f'''ed up. We know it is not BGT (it didn't happen at all in 105a). So my game is going to be hosed even if I didn't kill Tazok early on.

What is the area number where this battle happens? There must be more to this than killing or not killing Tazok since either way doesn't work.

Edited by Hoppy, 05 May 2008 - 11:10 AM.

- King Diamond

#76 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:17 AM

AR7225

Heres link to weidu.log (from other thread in forum): clicky

Only way to get past the end game of bg1 is to force sarevok into party, kill him, then rez him at a temple and even then you have to cluaconsole to temple cause your stuck. On rez, all goes as normal

Edited by smeagolheart, 05 May 2008 - 11:23 AM.

#77 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

Just letting you all know that I will continue to investigate this problem. It's up there on the list of things to-do, although it is more directly related to SCS+BGT than BGT alone.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#78 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

Just letting you all know that I will continue to investigate this problem. It's up there on the list of things to-do, although it is more directly related to SCS+BGT than BGT alone.

Hi Ascension64,

that is nice to hear.
Thanks for your information.
This bug is really frustrating.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#79 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

I will try a BG1NPC block using SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTAZOK","GLOBAL",0) in Chapter 5 (that is, %tutu_chapter_4% I think) too, to make sure BG1NPC isn't messing with anyone.

Minor thread hijack, but just to doublecheck...

We add this in the tp2:

/* Kivan and Tazok Dialogue File Assignment */
COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%tazok2.cre~ ~override~
WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x2CC ~%tutu_var%tazok2~ #8 // dialog
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

So I think we have found a bug for us, too. It looks like that should be ~%tutu_scriptbg%tazok.cre~ and ~%tutu_scriptbg%tazok2.cre~, right? In our I_C_Ts we use this dialog file:

I_C_T ~%tutu_scriptbg%TAZOK~ 8 X#GarTaz1
== ~%GARRICK_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("garrick") InMyArea("garrick") !StateCheck("garrick",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @179
== ~%tutu_scriptbg%TAZOK~ IF ~InParty("garrick") InMyArea("garrick") !StateCheck("garrick",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @1012
END
We also don't want to fix this until the last possible moment, because PIDs and materials rely on that global if Tazok was killed:

+ ~GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_3%) Dead("tazok") RandomNum(5,1)~ + @2112 + X#KiCourse8

etc.

#80 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Thanks cmorgan for a fall back plan with BG1 NPC v.16. :cheers:

This was not an issue with SCS v.7 and BGT 1.05a (at least without killing Tazok early via Kivan). The transition was smoother than a Macallan 18yr old single malt scotch on a cold day. And that is pretty smooth. Maybe I can take a look at those two versions again to see if anything has had a massive change in the present versions.

@Ascension64- Any ideas what to look at? If you give me some hints I have some free time to look into it. I have a backup mega stopped at BGT so I can install SCS on top and look for some specifics.

My goal is to at least have a fix for in game uses and another for reinstall, unless somebody beats me to it.

- King Diamond