Parmenides
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

I got this message:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [DDKIV1.BCS] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

while trying to install on a clean install. I reinstalled BG1 several times (and BG2), but I always get this message. Any ideas on what the problem is? The only previous mods are valen and BGFixpack.

Should I try valen after BGT? Previously I used the auto installer and it didn't put up a fuss, but with the manual install I can't get past this problem.

Edited by Parmenides, 10 March 2008 - 08:01 PM.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

I got this message:

[./chitin.key]

while trying to install on a clean install. I reinstalled BG1 several times (and BG2), but I always get this message. Any ideas on what the problem is? The only previous mods are valen and BGFixpack.

Should I try valen after BGT? Previously I used the auto installer and it didn't put up a fuss, but with the manual install I can't get past this problem.

The BGT-WeiDU installation thinks you have TDD installed. Are you sure your BG2 is a clean install?
A crude bypass is to find and delete <BG2 installationd irectory>\data\TDD-RULE.BIF.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Parmenides

Parmenides
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

I got this message:

[./chitin.key]

The BGT-WeiDU installation thinks you have TDD installed. Are you sure your BG2 is a clean install?
A crude bypass is to find and delete <BG2 installationd irectory>\data\TDD-RULE.BIF.

Thanks, that makes sense.
Well, I did a BG2 uninstall and reinstall. Also, I know for a fact that the WeiDU.log is clean, the Dialog.tlk, the override, the .ini, the .key, the .exe are all clean. However, I didn't realize that my data folder is still messy. (after a BG2 uninstall!) I still have SOS*.bif, TDD*.bif, CTB*.bif and a few others with the same date and similar time. Should I delete all those be fine?

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

I got this message:

[./chitin.key]

Thanks, that makes sense.
Well, I did a BG2 uninstall and reinstall. Also, I know for a fact that the WeiDU.log is clean, the Dialog.tlk, the override, the .ini, the .key, the .exe are all clean. However, I didn't realize that my data folder is still messy. (after a BG2 uninstall!) I still have SOS*.bif, TDD*.bif, CTB*.bif and a few others with the same date and similar time. Should I delete all those be fine?

The best way to guarantee a clean install is to delete BG2 and also delete the BGII-SoA directory. Then re-install SoA + ToB + 26498 Patch. Then you will have a "clean" 26498 Patched basic install.

It takes a village...

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

The best way to guarantee a clean install is to delete BG2 and also delete the BGII-SoA directory. Then re-install SoA + ToB + 26498 Patch. Then you will have a "clean" 26498 Patched basic install.

Sorry but, you'll still have the ToB register in the windows register as installed, so if you delete everything, you can't install the ToB, even thought you can install SoA how manytimes you like(this is in W XP, and presumambly in Vista too), so the only(or the best) way of making sure you have a clean install is to make a clean install, and even though the quide doen't say so, backup the data folder too... so you can delete everything if needed.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

Sorry but, you'll still have the ToB register in the windows register as installed, so if you delete everything, you can't install the ToB, even thought you can install SoA how manytimes you like(this is in W XP, and presumambly in Vista too), so the only(or the best) way of making sure you have a clean install is to make a clean install, and even though the quide doen't say so, backup the data folder too... so you can delete everything if needed.

Not on my computer. When I de-install with the control panel it starts with ToB and then proceeds on to de-install SoA. Be that as it may, the even better way without using the Multi-Install Tool if you have the disk space is to keep a copy of BGII-SoA + ToB + 24698 Patch on your hard drive and renamed as something else. Then all you need to do is delete your BGII-Soa directory without uninstalling and copy the fresh directory over and rename it BGII-Soa and you don't need to worry about your registry entries.

It takes a village...

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

But the thing there is, you are actually uninstalling the game, not deleting the files strait away. ^_^

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:37 AM

So the best way do guarantee a clean install of BG2 would be to uninstall BG2 completely, and then manually delete the directory you originally installed BG2 in along with all its contents.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#9 Parmenides

Parmenides
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

Thanks all. I'll do that next time. I deleted the data files within a certain time period. Everything runs fine now. Advice taken though, next time I better delete the whole folder also.