• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#141 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

Sarevok?s foster-father is an official of the Iron Throne. What?s his name? - Rieltar Anchev

Where are other representatives of the Iron Throne believed to be from? - Sembia

Representatives of which other group are meeting Iron Throne leaders in Candlekeep? - Knights of the Shield

Which organisation is the Iron Throne trying to frame for the iron crisis? - Zhentarim

What type of goods is the Iron Throne mostly involved in trading? - Iron

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#142 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

There are some large and widely known villainous organisations in the Realms. The Zhentarim, the Red Wizards, the Shadow Thieves, etc are all widely known and feared. There are many others though that are either local or very careful to hide their existence and activities. Where are the following groups most active, and in what fields?

The Rundeen

The Shadowmasters

The Eldreth Veluuthra

The Kraken Society

Sarevok?s foster-father is an official of the Iron Throne. What?s his name? Reiltar Anchev.

Where are other representatives of the Iron Throne believed to be from? Sembia. The official headquarters is in Suzail (Cormyr) but most of their active groups operate out of Sembia.

Representatives of which other group are meeting Iron Throne leaders in Candlekeep? Knights of the Shield.

Which organisation is the Iron Throne trying to frame for the iron crisis
? The Zhentarim.

What type of goods is the Iron Throne mostly involved in trading? Weaponry, though they also dabble in slaves.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#143 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

The Shadowmasters are a thieves guild, based out of Teflhemm or something like that. They do all the usual thieves' guild stuff.

Eldreth Veluuthra are a semi-secret society of elves dedicated to exterminating the human race.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#144 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

The Rundeen - Also opperate in Athkatla. In a timeline they are called a mercantile consortium, whereas within a summary about the city they are named among the notable rogues & thieves guilds, but heck they also name the Harpers and the Zhentarim... which I wouldn't really would want to call thieves guilds. I will stick with mercantile consortium for the moment, I just lack the nice cooperating computer at the moment to do more research... Jeeez long answer <_<

The Shadowmasters - Shadow Guild of Telflamm. They deal with magic, especially Shadow Magic and pushed for power in the Time of Troubles (see the novel serie: The Shadow of the Avatar)

The Eldreth Veluuthra - Secret groups of Elves that operate around Tangled Trees. They kill humans and half-elves in elven lands. (nice symbol of human skull being cleaved by a longsword)

The Kraken Society - Waterdeep ... I don't know exactly what they do. Drawings linked to them involves mindflayers, so I assume something with getting people as slaves to the deep or so

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#145 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:11 AM

One of the nicer pieces of armour in BG2 is Shurrupak's Plate.

Where is Shurrupak from?

Who did he serve before the Time of Troubles?

What happened in the ToT that changed this?

He had a title. Shurrupak the what?

Answers:
The Rundeen are a sea-going mercantile organisation based in Tashluta and operating through most of the territories around the Shining Sea. While they mostly operate as normal merchants, people who refuse to join the organisation have a tendency to have problems with pirates - until they do join up.

The Shadowmasters are a thieves guild based in Telflamm, engaging in most of the "normal" activities of a thieves' guild.

The Eldreth Veluuthra (Victorious Blade of the People) are a group of elven racial supremacists that would like to destroy all human civilisations and mostly engage in murdering humans and half-elves as they see the opportunity.

The Kraken Society is a group the operates mostly in Waterdeep. Their primary role in the city seems to be as information brokers, selling information their doppleganger members have gained infiltrating Waterdhavian society. They also engage in slave trading, smuggling, and fencing goods.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

#146 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

Where is Shurrupak from?
? The city of Unther?

? Gilgeam

? Gilgeam was destroyed or unseated... not sure.

? The Reaper of Unther

(See if I'm VAGUELY on the right track....)
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#147 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

As a side-note do you know Shurrupak is a very old 'famous' Sumerian City (modern Tall Fa'rah)?

Where is Shurrupak from? The land of Unther - the city .... *gamble* Red haven? Is the city known at all?

Who did he serve before the Time of Troubles? Gilgeam

What happened in the ToT that changed this? Gilgeam was slain during ToT

He had a title. Shurrupak the what? - The Reaper

#148 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:59 AM

The Night Masks are currently the dominant thieves guild in the city of Westgate. Their leader is traditionally known as the Night King.

What symbol identifies them?

What famous individual is currently the Night King?

What renegade Cormyrian assassin guild is allied with the Night Masks?

What are most senior members of the guild council?

Answers:
Where is Shurrupak from?
Shurrupak is from Unther, in some rumours claimed to be a child of the God-King Gilgeam.

Gilgeam, the God-King of Unther.

Gilgeam was killed in battle with an avatar of Tiamat.

Shurrupak, the Reaper of Unther, the Hand of Gilgeam.

Back from the brink.

#149 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:58 AM

? The black-and-white Domino Mask.

? My information is that several different recent leaders have all been known as The Faceless, and there is no current Night King.

? The Fire Knives (best answer I can come up with).

Vampires?

(Scipio is ignorant again.)
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.

#150 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

What symbol identifies them? - Domino Mask.

What famous individual is currently the Night King? - One of the three clones of Manshoon, the one calling himself Orbakh (also known as the Faceless)

What renegade Cormyrian assassin guild is allied with the Night Masks? - .... (I am at a loss here, can't find it in Volo's Guide, though perhaps I may have overread it)

What are most senior members of the guild council? -Vampires (yes, scipio you guessed correctly (I think you guessed due to the question mark))

#151 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:25 AM

Today?s questions are about the Archmage Sememmon.

What major evil organisation was he a major figure in?

Which of that organisation?s bases was he in charge of for a time?

Whose rise to control the organisation made him leave?

Who is his lover, and how did they meet?

Answers:
The Domino Mask

On of Manshoon's clones, that was turned into a vampire. He also uses the name Orbakh and the title "The Faceless"

The Fire Knives

Vampires

Back from the brink.

#152 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:31 AM

Archmage Sememmenon

What major evil organisation was he a major figure in? - The Black Network, Zhentarim

Which of that organisation?s bases was he in charge of for a time? - Darkhold

Whose rise to control the organisation made him leave? - Fzoul Chembryl

Who is his lover, and how did they meet? - Ashemmi, an moon/gold elf
I actually know the only plot hook that after the resurrection as lovers and that they planned with the Hapers (among which Khelben Blackstaff Arunsen) to bring Zhentarim down. Which is funny for in my eyes he and his lover are two people trying to break their ties with evil and turn... better. (In 3.5 they still have evil alignments)

P.s. What do you have with lover questions :P

#153 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:47 AM

Today we're leaving the Realms behind, heading into the far reaches of D&D. All the following characters are famous villains from a D&D setting other than the Forgotten Realms. Which one did they first appear in?

Bargle the Infamous.

Iuz, aka The Old One.

Vol.

The scro.

Eclavdra.

Strahd von Zarovitch.

Answers:
Semmemon

What major evil organisation was he a major figure in?
The Zhentarim

Which of that organisation?s bases was he in charge of for a time?
Darkhold

Whose rise to control the organisation made him leave?
Fzoul Chembryl

Who is his lover, and how did they meet?
Ashemmi, a Moon Elf wizard. She was an agent of the Harpers who was asked to infiltrate Darkhold in the guise of a young male apprentice wizard. She was among a group of wizards being trained by Sememmon. He realised she was a woman, but decided to keep her secret for a time. Eventually they became lovers, and remained so even after Manshoon used magic to alter her personality and alleigances. There's more to their story than this, but it's less relevant to this quiz.

Back from the brink.

#154 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:02 AM

Bargle the Infamous ? Fort Doom in the Black Eagle Barony.

Iuz, aka The Old One ? The Empire of Iuz on Oerth in the Greyhawk series.

Vol ? dunno!

The scro ? in Wildspace in the Spelljammer campaign.

Eclavdra ? in the World of Greyhawk.

Strahd von Zarovitch ? in the Ravenloft series.

#155 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:40 AM

Bargle the Infamous. - Ah, now that is old... That is from Mystara campaign setting. In one of those very old box sets stuff he came along

Iuz, aka The Old One. - Demon King that rules quite piece of land in the Flaeness a.k.a. The Greyhawk setting

Vol. - Great Undead villian in the new setting of Ebberon

The scro. - type of Orcs in the Spelljammer Setting

Eclavdra. - Evil Drow female from the Greyhawk setting described in book series written, by rest in piece, Gary Gygax

Strahd von Zarovitch. - The original baddy of the Ravenloft campaing setting

#156 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:25 AM

And my last set of answers for a while.

Bargle the Infamous. Setting: Mystara (aka the Known World); specifically he first appears in the Nation of Karameikos acting as the court wizard to Baron Ludwig von Hendricks, ruler of the Black Eagle Barony. How much he was the power behind the throne is debatable, but there?s no question that the Black Eagle Barony had a bad reputation and was only protected because Ludwig was a cousin of the king of Karameikos. When that protection was finally lifted, halfling armies from the adjacent Five Shires invaded the barony in retaliation for years of raiding and plunder. Bargle advised Baron Ludwig to march out with his mercenaries and humanoids and face the halfling armies in battle, claiming he would perform a magical ritual to ensure success. With his retainers Bargle then looted the treasury of its years of plunder and teleported away, leaving Ludwig to defeat. He has appeared in a few situations since, seeking personal benefit and with absolutely no intention of allowing scruples to stop him.

Iuz, aka the Old One. Setting: Greyhawk; ruling an empire in the Northern Flaeness. Iuz is the son of the Witch-Queen Iggwilv and the demon prince Grazzt. He is actually a demigod, but remains active in the mortal world. He has carved out an empire in the northern areas of the Flaeness that is one of the most powerful in the world.

Vol, properly Erandis de Vol. Setting, Eberron; currently resident somewhere in the Lhazaar Principalities. Vol is the survivor of an attempt to make peace between the dragons and elves of Eberron. Her parents were respectively the elven matriarch of the House of Vol and a black dragon of some status. It was hoped that the birth of a half-dragon half-elf might help unite the dragons and elves in a common cause, and in this it was entirely successful. Both engaged in a systematic attempt to destroy the House of Vol and anyone who might now of this event. Vol herself was the only survivor, turned into a lich in a successful attempt to hide her existence from those seeking her out magically. Vol is now a powerful necromancer, a half-dragon, bears the only known Dragonmark of Death and is still physically barely an adult. She has founded a religion and at least one secret society of some power.

The Scro. Setting: Spelljammer; their planet of origin is Dukagsh. The scro are descendants of an orc fleet that avoided destruction by the elves during the First Unhuman War by descending to a planetary surface and destroying or hiding all evidence that they knew about space. They established a militaristic society, described as "Spartan", devoted to regaining their strength until they could re-establish themselves in Wildspace. When they did, the elves were their first target, and they employed extremely powerful "living weapons" against elven support bases.

Eclavdra. Setting: Greyhawk, specifically the Western Flaeness and the Underdark. Eclavdra was a great villain in the second series of modules created for AD&D. While the first series involved facing various groups of giants who were raiding into human lands, the second series dealt with the drow who inspired them to do this. Eclavdra was the leader of this effort, a powerful cleric and head of her noble house, though oddly enough she wasn?t a worshipper of Lloth at this time. Subsequently she has appeared in a few other places, still mostly acting as a background figure rather than confronting enemies directly.

Strahd von Zarovitch. Setting: Ravenloft, though originally this was merely a single module rather than a campaign setting. Strahd is a powerful vampire warrior-mage whose residence is Castle Ravenloft. Strahd was originally a good and noble man who in middle age began to believe he had wasted his life. He conquered the region of Barovia and used the existing Castle Ravenloft as his seat, before inviting members of his family to join him there. When he fell in love with a local woman (Tatyana) she rejected him in favour of his brother Sergei. Strahd made a pact with death, "a pact of blood", in an attempt to restore his youth. On the day of the wedding Strahd killed his brother Sergei and pursued Tatyana until she threw herself from the battlements of the castle. Strahd was shot down by the castle archers, but rather than dying rose as a vampire. The castle and region was moved to the Demiplane of Dread by it's unknown rulers, where Strahd lives eternally tormented by his memories.

Totals so far from every quiz and a cumulative total:

Poster, Quiz 1 (Geography), 2 (Religions), 3 (Races), 4 (Villains), Total

Deathsangel, 35, 56, 53, 40, 184
Tempest, 5, 54, 46.5, - , 105.5
Kellen, - , 39, 62, - , 101
Jarno, 23, 15, 19, - , 57
Scipio, - , 4, 18, 12, 34
Sammi, 8, 4, - , - , 12
Tassadar, 6, - , - , - , 6
Isilven, 5, - , - , - , 5
Solstice, - , - , - , 2, 2

Back from the brink.

#157 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:05 AM

Today start the rule of a new quizmaster... :whistling:

As said within the Comments on the Quiz topic, a few changes.
Please decide on forehand in which category you want to play. Naturally people that have less geeky knowledge may take a crack at the questions for the experienced, but too make it both fun in gathering knowledge and a bit of competition. I will only count your score in one of the categories.
Naturally you may answer all questions and just see how well your knowledge is ;) However, for the sake of this friendly 'competition' please add in the first post which category you will play in the coming weeks.
I have tried to make it so that those with just tibits of knowledge can always answer at least a few questions (at least I think) in the novice category.

We will start out slowly gratually moving away from Fearūn towards the Planes.

Thus, first topic of the quiz: Planetouched

The Normal people category - Name the two parents of the following planetouched creatures (you may be very general about it):

Fey'ri
Tiefling
Chaond
Zenythri
Aasimar
Wispling
Mealuth

The Geeky category - I would like the above answers (more specific is a nice plus), and the specific two parents of the lower ones:

Durzagon
Draegloth
Cambion
Alu-Fiend
Memphling
Mechanatrix
Abyssal Ravager

Edited by Deathsangel, 09 June 2008 - 01:06 AM.

#158 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:54 AM

I'm definitely pretty Geeky.

Name the two parents of the following planetouched creatures (you may be very general about it):
Fey'ri - an elf and a lesser demon
Tiefling - a human and a tiefling, cambion, alu-fiend or another human-like creature with some fiendish ancestry
Chaond - a human and a slaad
Zenythri - a human and one of several types of LN outsider (not including Modrons)
Aasimar - a human and another human who has some celestial ancestry
Wispling - a halfling and a tanar'ri demon
Mealuth - a dwarf with some devil in their ancestry, generally a durzagon though they aren't necessarily grey dwarves, and another dwarf.

I would like the above answers (more specific is a nice plus), and the specific two parents of the lower ones:
Durzagon - a grey dwarf (duergar) and a bearded devil (Hamatula)
Draegloth - a female drow and a glabrezu
Cambion - a female human (or near human - it should probably work with a tiefling, aasimar, etc) and a male fiend
Alu-fiend - the always female child of a succubus and a male human (again, another planetouched human would probably give the same result)
Memphling - a human and a mephit
Mechanatrix - a human with a Modron from the Clockwork Plane of Mechanus
Abyssal Ravager - based mostly on their appearance, a female gnoll or flind and a demon in the service of Yeenoghu.

Back from the brink.

#159 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

Nice start, Deathsangel! This looks like it'll maintain the interest level that's already been established.

I want to be Normal! Nobody has ever called me normal before. I will once again try to answer without peeking at other people's answers.

The Normal people category - Name the two parents of the following planetouched creatures (you may be very general about it):

Fey'ri ? from Sun Elves and Demons (but not Demon Lords)
Tiefling ? from Humans and Fiends
Chaond ? born of Humans infested by Slaadi, which are apparently like demon frogs?
Zenythri ? from Humans infused with "the energies of law"
Aasimar ? Human descendants of Celestial beings such as Solars
Wispling ? from Halflings and Demons
Mealuth ? from Dwarves and Demons

The Geeky category - I would like the above answers (more specific is a nice plus), and the specific two parents of the lower ones:

Durzagon ? from Duergar and Demons
Draegloth ? from Drow and Demons
Cambion ? from Human male and Succubus or Human female and Incubus
Alu-Fiend ? from a humanoid and a Succubus... like an Orc and a Succbus?
Memphling ? from Human and Mephit
Mechanatrix ? from the "clockwork" creatures of Mechanus
Abyssal Ravager ? I gather it is an especially nasty, hyena-like Demon but I don't know its parentage! Must be fun to fight one, though.

#160 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:47 AM

I have to do today's question quick, as I got for today a search for my stolen bike plant (just found out).

We go from planetouched to true races

The normal-people category - What is the main plane where the following races live:

Humans
Archons
Elves
Slaadi
Formians
Halflings
Yugoloth
Eladrins
Gnomes
Djinnn

The geeky category - What is the main plane where you can find the following races:

Justicator
Varoot
Khayal
Aurumach
Dealkyr
Azer
Maug
Githyanki
Kaorti
Nessian Warhound

Answers to previous questions:

Normal-people category
Fey'ri - an Elf and a (lesser) demon
Tiefling - a Human and a humanoid creature with some fiendish ancestry (thus a type of Half-fiend or Tiefling)
Chaond - a Human and a slaad
Zenythri - a Human and Lawful outsiders (excluding clockwork creatures and those with a second type of alignment (good or evil))
Aasimar - a Human and a humanoid creature with has some celestial ancestry (thus a type of Half-celestial or Aasimar)
Wispling - a descedant from Halfling and a Demon (thus from other Half-fiends or Whisplings)
Mealuth - a descedant from Dwarf and a Devil (thus from other Half-fiends or Mealuths)

Geeky category
Durzagon - a Grey Dwarf (= Duergar) and a Hamatula (= Baatezu, Bearded Devil)
Draegloth - a Female Drow and a Glabrezu (= Tana'ri)
Cambion - The son of a Female Human and a Male Fiend
Alu-fiend - The daughter of a Succubus (= Tana'ri) and a male Human
Memphling - a Human and a Mephit
Mechanatrix - a Human with a Clockwork creature from Mechanus (= this relates to Modrons and Inevitables, though the last is very unlikely)
Abyssal Ravager - It is considered a hybrid of Hyena (the animal) and Demon. Note: Sages are in debate about origin

Edited by Deathsangel, 13 June 2008 - 01:57 AM.