Photo

Hit Point Bug (Or something)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Quinevis

Quinevis
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

Just installed a pretty simple BGT install. It has got the main game patch, BG2 fixpack with all options, BGT and the worldmap. For some reason the level 1 elven wild mage with 17 constitution I made has 2 hit points, and a made a level 1 elven fighter with 11 con who has 20. I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong, I installed it twice, and also tried (successfully) to import the character correctly into a plain game (He then had six HP, as he should). Can anyone help?

Here's my log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers   and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in  Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05b
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.6.1 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Travel Times and Area Visibility -> Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 & SoA/TOB+BP Family Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #4 // Worldmap size: Choose the size of the worldmap -> Large Worldmap 4900x3500
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #6 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)

Basically it's just BGT with bugfixes, Is there some incompatibility now between BGT and the fixpack?
Thanks!
-Quinevis

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:55 AM

Something has gone wonky. The wild mage with 17 CON should have 6 HP.
I'm not sure if it is something in the Fixpack. Will check it out.
Can you use Shadowkeeper or NearInfinity to edit your character's HP so it is correct?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Quinevis

Quinevis
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, I did, it would still constantly be 2 hit points below whatever it should have been. On another note - during the installation I installed BGT Tweakpack, and changed my mind, uninstalling all parts and deleting the BGT tweakpack .tp2 file/install file. Reinstalling it a third time seems to have fixed it, but only sort of; importing a character sets the base HP to zero, but at least the calculations are correct. I've also noticed that exporting a character with a familiar has some unforseen consequences (tons of free HP). Is there any way that it could be coded to not transfer the extra HP and still allow you to summon another familiar?

Oh right, so my question was could installing/uninstalling the tweakpack have caused that problem.

Edited by Quinevis, 15 April 2008 - 05:32 PM.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:17 AM

Oh right, so my question was could installing/uninstalling the tweakpack have caused that problem.

I don't think so.
I will need to have a look at the problem with the exporting.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:03 AM

I will need to have a look at the problem with the exporting.

That will be a swamp that gonna draw you in...

I too have had a few problems with this so... usually with mod kits...Don't know if that's related.
One thing that I have to be realized is that the BG2's engine doesn't use the imported characters hit point stat, cause the game re-throws all the dices again. And unless one uses the lowest difficulty(easy), the dies can give different amounts.

Can you use Shadowkeeper... so it is correct?

You can, but one needs to remember that the constant the Shadowkeeper uses for the hit points is the hit die sum, not the actual hit points, so the CON bonuses aren't yet in it. (so 1st level fighter has 10, cleric 8, and thief 6, mage 4 on it, and so on)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 --Quinevis--

--Quinevis--

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, I took into consideration the con thing for shadowkeeper - it was still way off.

#7 Quinevis

Quinevis
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

Just wanted to see if you found anything new with this, thanks.
-Quinevis

#8 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:33 PM

Can you post your hpconbon.2da? (if it's in the override directory)

#9 Quinevis

Quinevis
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:07 AM

Can you post your hpconbon.2da? (if it's in the override directory)

Can't actually find that file- not in the override.

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:17 AM

I couldn't work out what actually was wrong, but I've rewritten the HP and CON bonus/penalty part of the mod so that it shouldn't happen anymore.

--------------
Retired Modder