Silmarillion Engine Screenshots

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

Enjoy the View of the Engine Screenshots :) this should be the final working engine for Silmarillion, though there's still Thief stuff to be worked out, and some other things.

Each squad is generated using exactly ONE CluaConsole:CreateCreature ; from a single invisible squad marker, the entire squad spawns. The type of squad spawned, and number of members is utterly randomised ; so you guys can cheer to see the Balrogs below, its a very rare chance of seeing that!

Squads will move across the maps together, coordinate their fighting to some extent, attempt to assist their commander, and after an interval, respawn casualties. If the squad commander is killed, the squad members moves randomly on their own about the map and leave the map after some time ; they also lose their regeneration.

badguys.jpg
Badguys (clockwise from upper left)
- 2 squads of Orcs. notice their weapons are largely randomised throughout the squad.
- 1 squad of Orcs. notice their weapons are the same ; this probably means this squad would be a Ranger Squad roaming about the map. however in the actual Silmarillion Orcs have no Ranger Squads ; for the time being, not having created Thief gear yet, I let Thief squads carry Ranger gear.
- 1 squad of Balrogs - ah.. beautiful :) imagine fighting a squad of these fireball tossing, armor shredding, high regenerating, damage resisting demons. oh and by the way, they all shoot fiery darts.
- 1 squad of Werewolves - they would look scarier but for the Balrogs. werewolves boast high regenerate and hit hard. a beginning party might have to use special equipment or elven squad support to take down the commander of the werewolf pack, which has even higher regeneration than the squad itself.

goodguys.jpg
Goodguys (clockwise from top)
- Elven squad. probably a Thief squad ; despite being led by a General they are only 6 in number. this is for not having done up thief gear, lol. In actual game the Thieves roam unseen across the map and backstab their opponents in combat. They also have limited use of Invisibility in combat. The Thief commander for the elves is called the Quietus (no prizes for guessing where that came from.) The weaker elven thief commander is called the Silencer.
- Human squad (centre next to my thief) led by a Sergeant. Observe one of them is carrying a 2-handed sword ; this is the archer in the squad
- Human Dual-Wielding squad. notice an oddly high number of archers in the squad ; archers are randomly generated, just looks like it was in this squads slant. Unlike orcs, Human and Elf squads have the same gear for their whole squad
- House Fingolfin Elven squad. Sky Blue and Silver-Grey are the colors of House Fingolfin. Sword & Shield squad with 2 Archers. Observe the leader looks a bit different ; in fact its an Elven Mage animation. This means the commander will probably be casting spells in combat.
- House Feanor, 2 Elven Squads. Scarlet and Purple are the colors of this battle-hardened house of Elves. notice they all wield katanas, even the archers.
- House Thingol, Elven Squad. love that beautiful sylvan chain. this is a squad of rangers probably, from their choice of weaponry.
- House Finarfin, Elven Squad. Rich Blue and Gold are the colors of House Finarfin.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

Thief stuff sorted out, as well as Ranger gear and AI, though there's some playtesting to work out the kinks, as well as Kit Abilities.

Off the side note, the spawns come in 13 levels - 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 23 26 29 32 35 38
and spawn in rough accordance to the level of Player1 :) nasty.

BTW, there'll probably be no more non-fighting screenshots - because the CREs are all invisible when spawned (so you can't camp them) *and* Ranger and Thief AI now makes the entire squad become invisible if there is no enemy in sight.

Edited by Zyraen, 21 April 2008 - 09:51 PM.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#3 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

Cool stuff! I think it looks pretty good. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

FINALLY! The blasted Thieves finally invisible in combat... all due to an extra Continue() in my script :( how much pain it caused me...

That being said, the Ranger AI is devastating now that this has been sorted out. I will try to get an animated screenshot of how their AI works out, so that you guys can see how the Rangers scatter :)